Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Post Some Terrain!
Post Some Terrain!
Feb 20 2010, 4:44 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 59 >

Mar 2 2010, 1:47 am Aristocrat Post #41

It's actually really blocky without the sprite; I can't figure out what blends with what for the life of me :blush:

None.

Mar 2 2010, 3:10 am Howler Post #42

my variation :X

None.

Mar 2 2010, 5:07 am stickynote Post #43

Hey, doomed, very nice ramp for a first try. You didn't make the common mistake of not making the ramp actually go down. Howler, stop being so modest. It is a great improvement and looks a bit more natural because there are fewer straight edges.

None.

Mar 3 2010, 3:13 am Aristocrat Post #44

Backwards version (left), compare with the one from the standard jungle ramps template:

EDIT>

Buildable/vision/unit passage tested to be the same as normal ramps. Thanks to Howler for help on blending the forward ramps.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 3 2010, 3:59 am by doomedrusher.

None.

Mar 3 2010, 3:58 am Jesusfreak Post #45

Holy moly doomedrusher, you're good with ramps. You need to get those things onto the Brush Project, pronto! :D

None.

Mar 3 2010, 4:39 am stickynote Post #46

The backwards ramp top edges don't looks too slope-ish. Also, fix the top edge so that it blends with the high dirt-dirt bridge tile.

None.

Mar 3 2010, 5:41 pm Howler Post #47

a howler original ;0

None.

Mar 3 2010, 5:52 pm CecilSunkure Post #48

Lmao, that is one of the most impressive pieces of terrain I have ever seen. Claps to Howler. Sure it's blocky, but who cares? It's a building in desert; Woot.

None.

Mar 3 2010, 5:59 pm payne Post #49

:payne:

Well done, but very blocky.

None.

Mar 3 2010, 6:10 pm Howler Post #50

I'll work on it some more, but it's difficult in desert :O :O :O :O :O

None.

Mar 3 2010, 7:49 pm Gigins Post #51

Actually it's not that difficult. And yea it terribly blocky, hence it's crap. Sorry.

Use the blends man! :crazy:

By the way, I tried to put the new desert blends I discovered in action. How is it?
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6753/italynn.jpg

None.

Mar 3 2010, 7:54 pm samsizzle Post #52

holy crap gigins, I'm impressed although the backwards cliffsides are real blocky. But this would make for a crazy starship troopers compound defense map thing.

None.

Mar 3 2010, 8:02 pm Gigins Post #53

It was supposed to be cs_italy kind of map from Counter-Strike. I have a 10 year old dream about proper cs map in starcraft. It's not that I'm making anything, but terrain is always a start. :P

None.

Mar 3 2010, 10:56 pm CecilSunkure Post #54

Quote from Gigins
It was supposed to be cs_italy kind of map from Counter-Strike. I have a 10 year old dream about proper cs map in starcraft. It's not that I'm making anything, but terrain is always a start. :P
Lmao dude, that's pretty close. I like the Italy map, though, I don't play it too often on public servers on CS. Yeah, I've always wanted proper CS maps on SC as well.. ^^

None.

Mar 4 2010, 2:07 am stickynote Post #55

Hawt. +10 for gigins.
Howler, very interesting take on the building roof; I like it.

None.

Mar 4 2010, 2:56 am Howler Post #56

some blocks here, some blocks there :(

Gigins your cs piece is sex.

None.

Mar 4 2010, 12:32 pm Gigins Post #57

Howler I seriously recommend you to look at this topic.
http://www.staredit.net/topic/9973/
The blends aren't copyrighted, use them! :D Anyway good job on trying to beat desert.

None.

Mar 4 2010, 2:25 pm Howler Post #58

I've seen your blends in that topic..but that blend doesn't look natural. It looks good, but I was trying to blend cliff to sand, not metal to sand :P

Also...on the top part of that blend, if I'm not mistaken, units can walk from the sand to the high dirt.

None.

Mar 9 2010, 12:16 am Excalibur Post #59

The sword and the faith

For anyone who's played Gauntlet Legends, think of the first level and then look at these.

I know a lot of it is repetitive/blocky/could be better, and its a work in progress, but there's a lot to be done and I'm just happy to have something to show at this point.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Mar 9 2010, 1:06 am RIVE Post #60

Just Here For The Pie

I have not messed around with custom terrain for awhile now.

Look, a temple bridge that only works from one angle!
I should make water flow under it.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 59 >
  Back to forum