Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Post Some Terrain!
Post Some Terrain!
Feb 20 2010, 4:44 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 2 3 49 >

Feb 25 2010, 3:36 am payne Post #21

:payne:

Quote from Howler
Jizz'd.
Makes me think of jail or sewer ;o

None.

Feb 25 2010, 3:43 am Howler Post #22

Just wait till I post some of my custom desert doodads LOL

None.

Feb 25 2010, 3:45 am Lethoth Post #23

Make some cool ramps, they are awesome

None.

Feb 25 2010, 4:12 am Howler Post #24

None.

Feb 25 2010, 4:13 am payne Post #25

:payne:

Howler, you should contact Gigins and Falkoner.
Gigins to put together pieces.
Falkoner to give the final master-map for his terrain compilation.

None.

Feb 25 2010, 4:25 am Howler Post #26

I've used up too much brain power for today. I'm off to bed.

None.

Feb 25 2010, 5:11 am stickynote Post #27

For the bridge-tar ring, you can fix the bottom center corner by extending it a little; it mirrors, so it should blend perfectly.
Your doodad is quite creative, although blocky. Your ramp is very impressive; I almost missed it (the one on the left side) because it had virtually no blocks.

None.

Feb 25 2010, 7:08 am samsizzle Post #28

Quote from payne
Howler, you should contact Gigins and Falkoner.
Gigins to put together pieces.
Falkoner to give the final master-map for his terrain compilation.
Falks terrain compilation should never be finished. I remember going through it the first time i dled it, it was so endless and enjoyable... and then it ended. It should be endless.

None.

Feb 25 2010, 1:57 pm Howler Post #29

Quote from stickynote
For the bridge-tar ring, you can fix the bottom center corner by extending it a little; it mirrors, so it should blend perfectly.
Your doodad is quite creative, although blocky. Your ramp is very impressive; I almost missed it (the one on the left side) because it had virtually no blocks.

Actually, I used to have the bridge-tar ring thing's bottom corner extended like you said, but it was too blocky on top. So I had to accommodate for that :\

Thanks. Also, both ramps are custom btw. The one on the right is shorter than the normal ramp ;)

None.

Feb 26 2010, 1:48 am Jesusfreak Post #30

Hehe, hai there!

Is any of this stuff copyrighted? I'm getting better at terraining (well, sort of; my stuff is about the same quality as before, but I'm more familiar with the tiles and such), and I was thinking of putting them in my rpg... yes, I'm still working on it, although production has been comatose since winter break ended (homework, exams, reading, oh, and I need to start on those term papers at some point... XD. But heck, if I get those term papers out of the way asap and stay caught up, I'll have a lot of time near the end of the semester!).

For some odd reason, I felt some inexplicable urge to work on my map. Here's what I ended up with:

IMG]http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww100/I_AM_LAME/Scmdraft%20screenies/tombthing.jpg[/IMG]

It's a tomb or something. Picking up the gold (mineral chunks) will activate the angry spirits (cloaked, lifted, burning buildings) near the location of the tomb's exterior, and if you pick up all four, you get attacked by zombies and have to escape the tomb before it collapses. Or at least, that's what I have planned for when I get around to triggers :bleh: .

EDIT: Dangit, the darn thing won't work! Hmm... Lemme try using a different site...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 26 2010, 1:53 am by Jesusfreak.

None.

Feb 26 2010, 2:03 am stickynote Post #31

That is extremely blocky. There is one really interesting blend there though. If you notice in the top left hand side, where the temple stairs edges meet the vertical walls on the left side, there is one perfect blend to the temple doodad.

None.

Feb 26 2010, 2:24 am Apos Post #32

I order you to forgive yourself!

Quote from lil-Inferno
So if you make something, post it [...] post what you have so far and someone may guide you through it. I don't care if it's 2x2 or 64x64, just post some terrain.

Not sure what this could be...

Feb 26 2010, 2:57 am samsizzle Post #33

LOL apos, you could use that for some sort of starcraft website background, that would be interesting.

None.

Feb 26 2010, 3:53 am Jesusfreak Post #34

That is extremely blocky. There is one really interesting blend there though. If you notice in the top left hand side, where the temple stairs edges meet the vertical walls on the left side, there is one perfect blend to the temple doodad.
Are you factoring in that only the "inside" (the low dirt) will be seen by the player? It's supposed to be the interior of a building.
1.) Vomit river
2.) Muscle tissue

Maybe it could be the inside of a monster or something, and your hero is represented by an air unit that must dodge chunks of incoming food and stomach acid :D.

None.

Feb 26 2010, 2:54 pm lil-Inferno Post #35

Just here for the pie

Quote from Apos
I'm not sure, but it looks cool.

Feb 26 2010, 8:42 pm Howler Post #36

Quote from Jesusfreak

It's a pretty good blend, especially the top part. However, the bottom is very noticably blocky. Still an interesting blend though, good job.

None.

Feb 27 2010, 12:13 am Gigins Post #37

As far as I know mirrors aren't exactly blends. But that's just me.

None.

Feb 27 2010, 1:59 am stickynote Post #38

Mirrors aren't blends, and that top part is already in wooden's interior database, so it's not new.

None.

Mar 1 2010, 10:19 pm Aristocrat Post #39

First attempt at making a custom ramp for jungle:

EDIT> Second try... (Compare with normal ramp)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 2 2010, 12:42 am by doomedrusher.

None.

Mar 2 2010, 1:41 am Howler Post #40

Damn, you make the original ramp look like shit lol good job keep making ramps!

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 49 >
  Back to forum