Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Minerals
Minerals
Nov 30 2009, 7:19 pm
By: Jack
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >

Polls
Should minerals and the store be brought back?
Should minerals and the store be brought back?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Yes. 35

77%
None.
No. 6

14%
None.
No, and remove name colours, shoutbox colours, and other item-induced effects from those who have them. 5

11%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 46 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Nov 30 2009, 11:45 pm The Starport Post #21

Quote from Vrael
Quote from Mini Moose 2707
I still like my system of "give shit to cool people because I feel like it."
Yeah but this conflicts with the mentality that working hard yields results and encourages a community of sucking up and corruption. Not cool.
You have only yourselves to blame for making this approach to be the logical one.

None.

Dec 1 2009, 12:00 am Vrael Post #22

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
Quote from Vrael
Yeah but this conflicts with the mentality that working hard yields results and encourages a community of sucking up and corruption. Not cool.
You have only yourselves to blame for making this approach to be the logical one.
Take your nonsense somewhere else. If the community were capable of certain things on its own, we wouldn't be having this discussion at all. No need to taunt us with what could be just because we're not.

None.

Dec 1 2009, 12:08 am Symmetry Post #23

Dungeon Master

This must explain why I have so much severity!

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Dec 1 2009, 12:20 am Riney Post #24

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Symmetry

This must explain why I have so much severity!

I think you've stumbled across something there...

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Feb 5 2010, 6:24 pm payne Post #25

:payne:

What was the reason for removing them, again? :O
(Seriously)
I found Games so fun to play =(

None.

Feb 5 2010, 6:26 pm Devourer Post #26

Hello

I already started a topic in the staff forum about that. Do not spam here again, just a warning before it starts again.
More information and details when the staff vote passed.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Feb 5 2010, 6:45 pm payne Post #27

:payne:

Quote from Devourer
I already started a topic in the staff forum about that. Do not spam here again, just a warning before it starts again.
More information and details when the staff vote passed.
I do not have access to it. Only the DLDB one. Please give me access? You can't say I haven't been helping... ;o

None.

Feb 5 2010, 6:47 pm Devourer Post #28

Hello

Ehhm you shouldn't have access to the staff forum and you won't get the access.

Feb 6 2010, 4:48 am LoveLess Post #29

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Anyway... I think 29 to 3 and 3... Pretty much covers it. Minerals were hip.

And it annoys me that I may have been a member of SEN for half a decade, it doesn't matter because when SEN was really booming, I wasn't able to access the site and gain in popularity... Although everyone knows me to some extent. I miss minerals.

None.

Feb 6 2010, 4:56 am EzTerix Post #30

Without minerals this site is just another forum + starcraft maps ^^

Add some flare!

None.

Feb 6 2010, 5:19 am Lord Malvanis Post #31

I disliked, no, I hated the minerals. I don't encourage the idea of putting them back in. And if they are, I will be very angry if all of my current privelages are taken away and the "turn off 'fun'" option is removed.

None.

Feb 6 2010, 5:46 am Centreri Post #32

Relatively ancient and inactive

I think minerals are a better system than the admins just giving stuff out when they feel like it. Don't take away my name color.

None.

Feb 6 2010, 6:02 am Neki Post #33

Hey, at least you had privileges to begin with Malvanis. Can't really take something from nothing.

None.

Feb 6 2010, 6:12 am FoxWolf1 Post #34

So maybe minerals are popular, but are they really beneficial to the site? I mean, when people are rewarded for posting, they'll tend to post even when they don't know what they are talking about, or have anything significant to say. Plus, I don't think it's helpful to bring more activity-based status markers to the site, because they'll just exacerbate the existing problem of people ignoring things from perfectly good mappers who are not part of the SEN mainstream.

None.

Feb 6 2010, 6:15 am Jack Post #35

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Minerals would have to be limited to non-null areas, specifically the UMS, modding, and melee areas. Perhaps if posts had a + - system instead of karma(but too easily abused)

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Feb 6 2010, 6:19 am Centreri Post #36

So maybe minerals are popular, but are they really beneficial to the site? I mean, when people are rewarded for posting, they'll tend to post even when they don't know what they are talking about, or have anything significant to say. Plus, I don't think it's helpful to bring more activity-based status markers to the site, because they'll just exacerbate the existing problem of people ignoring things from perfectly good mappers who are not part of the SEN mainstream.
I somewhat agree. However, there still needs to be a standardized way of giving out 'features' like extra PM space, name color, etc. It could be done by activity, post count, or Karma. But the administrators won't be able to control all the items and give them out fairly.

None.

Feb 6 2010, 6:29 am stickynote Post #37

This is already being discussed in the staff forum.

None.

Feb 6 2010, 6:31 am Centreri Post #38

Many things are being discussed in the staff forum. We don't know about what they're discussing there. There's no reason not to hold a parallel discussion here, where the whole community can chip in, just because the moderators are having fun doing it above everyone elses heads. New arguments for and against it can still be brought up, and popular opinion should definitely matter towards deciding whether to implement it.

None.

Feb 6 2010, 9:08 am NudeRaider Post #39

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Fact is: We can't have anything that can be exploited. Because people are stupid and will exploit if we let them.
If that exploit is spamming (like it was before) then minerals are even a detriment for SEN.

So if you want your minerals back brainstorm ideas for a foolproof system and I'm pretty sure it'll be done.
Stating "I love minerals" doesn't affect the decision at all since a quick look at the poll tells us already what the public opinion is.

To all people hoping for an "admins-give-us-what- we-earned" system: Dream on.
Admins are far too busy with HoN and rl stuff for this to work.

Feb 6 2010, 9:11 am Devourer Post #40

Hello

I've got a small idea: What if I change the mineral gaining by posts to somethn exponantial? Like
50 chars -> 1M
100 chars -> 2M
150 chars -> 4M
200 chars -> 8M
400 chars -> 16M

Why? because spam is more like mass of tiny posts, but bigger posts are the only ones that gives you a good amount of minerals then. And while a spamer is writing the next huge post a moderator already might have moderated (if necesarry) the old big post. So, what you think?

EDIT: I would remove quotes out of the post temporary so I can count the amount of letters the poster really has written.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >
  Back to forum