Temple Siege M8e
Oct 27 2009, 4:30 am
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 « 37 38 39 40 4148 >

Jun 2 2010, 4:14 am Jack Post #761

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from OlimarandLouie
Unsure if this is intended.

When either team caps the mid with the sims, the sims go to the team that captured it. However, if the same happens to the top, the top sim does not transfer to the capping team. I don't know about the bot though.
I'd say that's a Give trigger that says All Buildings instead of just cannons, pylons, and warp gate. Top doesn't have a location covering the sim there.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jun 2 2010, 4:58 am Daddywhoo Post #762

Just played M9d.

I loved the new summy where you get ling upgrades with L2/L3, I usually am always too impatient to wait for the minerals and/or never upgrade spell level till mana is maxed, the combining of the two was a great incentive, thanks CAFG!

None.

Jun 2 2010, 6:03 am NinjaOtis Post #763

Making heal have cooldown after gates are dead just delays the inevitable rape of a unit.

None.

Jun 2 2010, 6:33 am Sacrieur Post #764

Still Napping

Yes, I love summy now. They're all fun to play... Except medic. Medic is borrrrrinnnnnngggg as fuck to play (hence why everyone hates it). I know it is a support unit but fuck :|. I don't have any ideas on how to make it unboring.

Quote from Vortex-
Making heal have cooldown after gates are dead just delays the inevitable rape of a unit.

Well in some cases that's not true. Like full hp war or mech.

None.

Jun 2 2010, 7:36 am Jack Post #765

@Sac if you think medic's boring, you're doing it wrong :P

But seriously, you can play medic uber-safe, or you can play aggresively and do wonders with your l2 + decent attack when supporting team mates. Medic rushing l4 doesn't pay off as well anymore, so you don't need to play safe and farm all the time. But because of l4 nerf, medic DOES need some way to step it up. Dunno what, maybe a different l3. L3 is sorta useless now. Potentially even remove l3, and move l4 to l3. L4 needs a replacement though, maybe a fancy stun or spawned rines temporarily.

Is medic still +4 ups?

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jun 2 2010, 3:04 pm close.ads Post #766

Quote from DoLLe
Finally the some people with sense and sanity have spoken. Time to elaborate.
(NOTE: NO NOOB ZONE NOW IN EFFECT)

Bottom line is, any type of spawn cheese tactic should be taken out.

I have to disagree. In my opinion cheese tactic provides diversity to the game as long as it is not super imbalanced like the current one. Just like 4pool in melee, cheese can make games very interesting sometimes. Granted cheese can give you a huge edge if successful, but can also hurt you as much. Just like the old reaver rush----it was very popular for quite a while but after a few days of overuse people have found a hard counter to it and it is not imbalanced at all!

Same case here(and to the rine's l3), it just need a good bit of balancing and it will work fine. I'm sure CAFG will find a way to balance this, we just need to give opinions and suggestions to him, lots of testing (CAFG's darker side: "and possibly donation"), and most importantly, our support.

Quote from Sacrieur
Yes, I love summy now. They're all fun to play... Except medic. Medic is borrrrrinnnnnngggg as fuck to play (hence why everyone hates it). I know it is a support unit but fuck :|. I don't have any ideas on how to make it unboring.
Play it with your friends whose skill can be relied upon. I do medic almost all the time with my friends and it really is fun. Medic has the most game turning spells in team play, but it has to be planned and staged extremely well to the full effect.

Though I want to see a new l3/l4 for medic. Current ideas here includes: temp. invincibility, revive(grant extra life), boost mana regen, super mana drain, kill/stun all non heros, mass teleport...

Medic l4 is now +8 levels of hp, IIRC

None.

Jun 2 2010, 4:08 pm ThedarKOne Post #767

Quote from close.ads
[quote=name:DoLLe]Finally the some people with sense and sanity have spoken. Time to elaborate.

Though I want to see a new l3/l4 for medic. Current ideas here includes: temp. invincibility, revive(grant extra life), boost mana regen, super mana drain, kill/stun all non heros, mass teleport...

Revive would be totally imba, because as it is now, lives are actually valuable. If you take that away, then it will just cause the Medic's team mates to not have to worry about dying because they can just get revived. Temp invincibility sounds okay, but too much like the LM's L1, and the super mana drain sounds too much like the Volt's L3. Boosted mana regen is essentially what Medic's L3 is now, only it is instant, also the kill/stun all non heroes sounds like War's L3. Pretty much all of those suggestions are already spells that other units currently have, although a mass tele would be amazing and very useful.

Another suggestion would be, instead to have a spell that makes your allies invincible, but not yourself, or a spell that will fill the Medic's energy, or even a spell that will grant the Medic obs for a short time, or until it dies (And by obs I mean an actual observer unit that is controllable).

None.

Jun 2 2010, 4:25 pm Sacrieur Post #768

Still Napping

Quote from close.ads
Quote from DoLLe
Finally the some people with sense and sanity have spoken. Time to elaborate.

Bottom line is, any type of spawn cheese tactic should be taken out.

I have to disagree. In my opinion cheese tactic provides diversity to the game as long as it is not super imbalanced like the current one. Just like 4pool in melee, cheese can make games very interesting sometimes. Granted cheese can give you a huge edge if successful, but can also hurt you as much. Just like the old reaver rush----it was very popular for quite a while but after a few days of overuse people have found a hard counter to it and it is not imbalanced at all!

Same case here(and to the rine's l3), it just need a good bit of balancing and it will work fine. I'm sure CAFG will find a way to balance this, we just need to give opinions and suggestions to him, lots of testing (CAFG's darker side: "and possibly donation"), and most importantly, our support.

Agreed.

Play it with your friends whose skill can be relied upon. I do medic almost all the time with my friends and it really is fun. Medic has the most game turning spells in team play, but it has to be planned and staged extremely well to the full effect.

I mostly play with pubbies. It is rare I get a team that I can really kick ass with, and even rarer to have both teams with excellent players.

None.

Jun 2 2010, 6:00 pm OlimarandLouie Post #769

Quote from close.ads

Revive.. Maybe.
Invincibility? Maybe.
Extra Life? No. Never.
L3 used to give a boosted mana regen.
And a mana drain wouldn't fit the role of a medic.
Neither would killing or stunning.
Mass Teleport might be plausible... but it'd have to be tested. Could be taken advantage from and just teleport away when your being ganked. Maybe a short-range teleport?

None.

Jun 2 2010, 6:43 pm ClansAreForGays Post #770

Clearing some confusion: Medic has +5 again, and rine lv3 only fires 2 shots instead of 3. both of these have been in since the first release.

I don't plan to touch medic. Her lv3 already gives 50 mana to allies not in range, people need to catch onto this. I had a fun game using her new lv1 with a rine and LM pner. LM was mucho happy with it. I went mana spam build and healed them whole game. Then never had stupid amounts of hp, they just didn't have to go heal half as much as the other team, giving us more exp which led to the win.

I really think temple siege needs a mine cap, and by mine cap I mean a maximum amount of mines spammed from rine lv4. A timid spec ops with 450 mana will sometimes not leave a single thing to chance, and literally mine the entire dam map. I think we've all been there. What number do you think the maximum amount of mines a single player can spawn should be? I was thinking 300, but should it be higher than that? If your wondering, a single mine drone spawns 38 mines in total.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 2 2010, 6:49 pm by ClansAreForGays.

Jun 2 2010, 7:15 pm Sacrieur Post #771

Still Napping

Quote from ClansAreForGays
I really think temple siege needs a mine cap, and by mine cap I mean a maximum amount of mines spammed from rine lv4. A timid spec ops with 450 mana will sometimes not leave a single thing to chance, and literally mine the entire dam map. I think we've all been there. What number do you think the maximum amount of mines a single player can spawn should be? I was thinking 300, but should it be higher than that? If your wondering, a single mine drone spawns 38 mines in total.

300? No. Try more like 100 - 150.

None.

Jun 2 2010, 7:15 pm Norm Post #772

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Clearing some confusion: Medic has +5 again, and rine lv3 only fires 2 shots instead of 3. both of these have been in since the first release.

I don't plan to touch medic. Her lv3 already gives 50 mana to allies not in range, people need to catch onto this. I had a fun game using her new lv1 with a rine and LM pner. LM was mucho happy with it. I went mana spam build and healed them whole game. Then never had stupid amounts of hp, they just didn't have to go heal half as much as the other team, giving us more exp which led to the win.

In case you're wondering: the mine limit in HS is around 250, and that playfield is larger so maybe you'd want something closer to 200....

None.

Jun 2 2010, 7:48 pm OlimarandLouie Post #773

It would have to give a refund and/or delete older mines when it reaches that limit.

None.

Jun 2 2010, 7:57 pm LoXs Post #774

I agree too, that Spawn leveling should stay, but more attempts at balancing be taken. It adds another facet to the game.

A mine cap probably should be used. I think 250 at least would be best. That's a max of 6 uses of L4 with no mines out. Most people use them offensively at that point, but leaves enough times to use some for map control. Testing a mine cap is also probably one of the easier things to figure out, it would seem. I would say no higher then 350 though.

And thanks for keeping the drain on Web, but just slowing the drain rate. I knew it was possible. =P

EDIT: Is the file download the newest possible one? I have a m9e already, so I'm just double checking.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 2 2010, 8:11 pm by LoXs.

None.

Jun 2 2010, 10:00 pm ThedarKOne Post #775

Mine cap... I'm saying 200 at the most. As for the spawn leveling, its totally imba how it was, although, it could turn around in your favor very easily if they upped it too much and you just mass spawn middle and push with all 3 heroes.

None.

Jun 2 2010, 11:50 pm NinjaOtis Post #776

I think there should be no mine limit.
I think spawn leveling is for idiots.
I think you should be able to mine cap if vessel doesn't interrupt.

None.

Jun 3 2010, 1:39 am Moose Post #777

We live in a society.

[21:33:42] Moose: Also, there were two old ideas I had for TS
[21:33:46] Moose: Regarding healing at temple and balance
[21:33:51] Moose: They can actually be used together
[21:34:09] Moose: No mana regenerates while on the heal
[21:34:14] Moose: And/or no XP can be gained while on the heal
[21:34:43] CAFG: u should be aware that im gona copy paste what ur saying
[21:35:32] Moose: Yes, go ahead
[21:35:36] Moose: I was going to post it
[21:35:44] CAFG: do that instead

Jun 3 2010, 2:02 am Jack Post #778

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
No mana gain, sure. No exp is debateable, but probably a good idea too. Although no mana gain sorta destroys LM, summy too.

Red classic.

Jun 3 2010, 2:41 am NinjaOtis Post #779

... What the hell is this ...

None.

Jun 3 2010, 11:56 am close.ads Post #780

Quote from Jack
Quote from Mini Moose 2707
No mana gain, sure. No exp is debateable, but probably a good idea too. Although no mana gain sorta destroys LM, summy too.

True, some spell dependent heros would be trash if there's no mana gain at temple.

How about a forced ally all when you're invincible at temple? So you have to go out of healing range to do attacks...and if you're being focused, you'll have to be very fast at popping in and out!
Wait...with stunning units this also is not a good idea...

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 37 38 39 40 4148 >
  Back to forum