Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege M8e
Temple Siege M8e
Oct 27 2009, 4:30 am
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 « 21 22 23 24 2548 >

Apr 18 2010, 4:52 am close.ads Post #441

Quote from 24million
closed.ads, when you hosted for that long, it would have to have been a problem with your lat. otherwise, at least noobs would've joined your game, since noobs don't know the difference.

eh, i usually play 3.4, but that's only because thats the version most of my friends play. i do have a few friends that host m8, but i dont really care which version i play.

I hosted a 3.4 afterwards and got full house immediately(then I banned all of them and got another full house in 15 minutes before I got d/c hacked)

You already stated the problem-------"most of mt friends play" Same case here. I can't seem to convince them to play m8t simply because they think "m8t is shit" and when I try to reason with them, they just give me "I don't care to compare them, m8t is shit and it is shit"

So a replace method is the most efficient. It's just like blizzard patching starcraft---they replace your older version of starcraft with newer versions the moment you join battle.net and people stick with it. I'm sure many players(especially terran!) like the older version where terran is very strong and the game is buggy-baised for them and want the older versions too, but so what? You want to play online, you have to play the latest version. Epic win for Blizzard.

None.

Apr 18 2010, 11:03 am Wing Zero Post #442

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

That's great and all, but do you realise that in order to replace m3.4 or whatever you would have to name the map exactly the same as that version, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference easily and if some stubborn people realise what's happening they might just refuse to join games and host the old one so it would overwrite the new one.

Apr 18 2010, 1:33 pm 24million Post #443

Yeah, if we changed the name, the old one would also replace the new one, and we would have to keep coming back here to download it again or join a game and download it there. Also, with blizzards patches, they were simply balancing the game, and they were not adding or trying out new things. They did not randomly add another unit or something, they just fixed what was imbalanced. M9 could be compared to Starcraft 2. Blizzard isn't trying to overwrite Starcraft 1 with a huge patch, they are just releasing a new game, and advertising it. If Starcraft 2 is good, people will start playing it. If it is crap, people will go back to Starcraft 1.

I think that if we choose to try to replace 3.4, people will start to hate us, and then try to go make their own version of temple siege. It would just discourage them from playing the new versions. They would be thinking, "hey, i heard they are trying to replace 3.4 with these newer versions. Lets go edit 3.4 so they can't replace it. And hey, if we are editing it, we can change anything else with the map we don't like." Then, temple siege would no longer belong to SEN, and they could completely mess up the map, or start taking all the credit for the map, which i remember something like that happening with clan fh a while ago. I think the best way to get people to play m9 is just to make it really awesome, and then start convincing people to try it, instead of tricking people and then forcing them to play it.

None.

Apr 18 2010, 2:37 pm close.ads Post #444

Quote from 24million
Yeah, if we changed the name, the old one would also replace the new one, and we would have to keep coming back here to download it again or join a game and download it there. Also, with blizzards patches, they were simply balancing the game, and they were not adding or trying out new things. They did not randomly add another unit or something, they just fixed what was imbalanced. M9 could be compared to Starcraft 2. Blizzard isn't trying to overwrite Starcraft 1 with a huge patch, they are just releasing a new game, and advertising it. If Starcraft 2 is good, people will start playing it. If it is crap, people will go back to Starcraft 1.

I think that if we choose to try to replace 3.4, people will start to hate us, and then try to go make their own version of temple siege. It would just discourage them from playing the new versions. They would be thinking, "hey, i heard they are trying to replace 3.4 with these newer versions. Lets go edit 3.4 so they can't replace it. And hey, if we are editing it, we can change anything else with the map we don't like." Then, temple siege would no longer belong to SEN, and they could completely mess up the map, or start taking all the credit for the map, which i remember something like that happening with clan fh a while ago. I think the best way to get people to play m9 is just to make it really awesome, and then start convincing people to try it, instead of tricking people and then forcing them to play it.

M8T IS awesome! People don't like m8t because of it's awesome-ness since they can't abuse the imbalances, not because there's new stuff.

I won't play starcraft2 because...not that I don't like it, I don't have enough TIME for the freakin' 100+ campaigns.

Plus my computer is crap.

None.

Apr 18 2010, 4:11 pm Wing Zero Post #445

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from close.ads
M8T IS awesome! People don't like m8t because of it's awesome-ness since they can't abuse the imbalances, not because there's new stuff.

I won't play starcraft2 because...not that I don't like it, I don't have enough TIME for the freakin' 100+ campaigns.

You said it bro :massimo:

Apr 19 2010, 2:00 pm close.ads Post #446

Quote from Wing Zero
Quote from close.ads

You said it bro :massimo:

One thing that makes me REEEEALLY glad is that most m8t players display a sign of skills and innovative thinkings. I always get a comment "mech don't fight hydra during gateway scramble stages because hydra counters mech"(and I once saw a mech tell a volt to go fight a hydra...). Guess what? All the m8t players I know CAN beat a hydra with a mech against those 3.4 players at equal level(and got drop hacked many, many times)

That proofs 3.4 players are NOOBS(okay, just less skillful) in front of m8t players! You know, birds of a feather flock together....

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 19 2010, 2:43 pm by close.ads.

None.

Apr 19 2010, 8:17 pm LoTu)S Post #447

I play all versions, i dont see much of a skill difference, unless its an east thing. Obviously you have to play Defensive mech against hydra, cuz playing offensive and not taking advantage of mech's l1 can easily land you back into base after a barrage of mutas. I play mech vs Hydra alot, and its always a challenge to run from a pursuing muta attack.

None.

Apr 19 2010, 9:59 pm close.ads Post #448

Quote from LoTu)S
I play all versions, i dont see much of a skill difference, unless its an east thing. Obviously you have to play Defensive mech against hydra, cuz playing offensive and not taking advantage of mech's l1 can easily land you back into base after a barrage of mutas. I play mech vs Hydra alot, and its always a challenge to run from a pursuing muta attack.

There is a huge difference in skill------a skilled mech can beat a hydra without running from mutas, it's easy!

None.

Apr 19 2010, 10:01 pm LoTu)S Post #449

without running from mutas
:wut:?

I suppose they let the mutas hit them?

None.

Apr 19 2010, 11:14 pm Changeling Post #450

Can you teach me how. I want to be a better mech player.

None.

Apr 19 2010, 11:27 pm 24million Post #451

well, earlier today i was playing as mech vs archer at the beginning, and i got pwnd by his mutas cuz i got blocked by spawn >:(

but anyways..when you are talking about a skilled mech being able to beat an archer, if the archer isnt just as skilled, it doesnt mean a whole lot. if the archer is stupid and just normally atks while the mech micros, the mech would win, but if the archer were to actually do something, its different.

None.

Apr 20 2010, 12:19 am LoTu)S Post #452

In summary, Hydra is destined to kill mech at an equal level of skill. However, if the hydra player keeps getting hit by the tanks and cant land a single muta//regular attck (ie. he sux) then mech can win, its situational. Trying to put little theorycraft as possible.

None.

Apr 20 2010, 2:50 am NinjaOtis Post #453

If mech and hydra have same exp then mech will win. And close.ads, you're a fool to say m8 players are better than m3.4.
arandomperson, I can show you replays of pro mechs if you want to be better, just message me when you're on, and I suggest not taking advice from random people on a forum, they are usually wrong.

None.

Apr 20 2010, 3:41 am LoTu)S Post #454

Quote from name:Vortex-
If mech and hydra have same exp then mech will win.

Support please, you're just throwing that out there with no evidence.

I suggest not taking advice from random people on a forum, they are usually wrong.

So you would be wrong too....

None.

Apr 20 2010, 4:30 am NinjaOtis Post #455

I never gave advice, just offered replays.. And I don't need support, figure it out yourself.

None.

Apr 20 2010, 6:07 am LoTu)S Post #456

2. Be Reasonable. The world does not revolve around you and your opinions. Merely asserting you are right without reasoning or evidence is disruptive. While debate is encouraged, a few people continually claiming they are right without any new evidence or argumentation is not debate.

Even though this is not serious discussion, I do not feel obligated to find evidence on something you yourself claim. It's your claim, if you don't support it, its just theorycraft.

None.

Apr 20 2010, 12:46 pm close.ads Post #457

Quote from name:Vortex-
If mech and hydra have same exp then mech will win. And close.ads, you're a fool to say m8 players are better than m3.4.
arandomperson, I can show you replays of pro mechs if you want to be better, just message me when you're on, and I suggest not taking advice from random people on a forum, they are usually wrong.
It's OK to take advice from ANYONE and ANYWHERE, what matters is that you think it through and try it hands on. Even the best advice can fail at the wrong hands------the way a champion players might not suit you due to your style/method of play. (like how I can't play mech because I have a crippled hand, but I DO know the different ways to play a mech around)

What truly matters is that you be able to accept other people's words, those who suck at playing might be a theory-tard...

Oh yeah, and learn from other people's mistakes...if you see a zealot die to a lm's l1 by charging at it knowing the lm has a lot of mana and upgrades, DON'T do the same thing! (gosh, and so many times I see that happening! By the time I screamed "no! run!" it was too late...the zealot even trapped himself with his l2...big LOLZ but make sure you DON'T do that)

P.S. OK, not all 3.4 are noobs (but at the very least---all m8t players I know do better than 3.4 players!)

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 21 2010, 8:58 pm by Mini Moose 2707. Reason: Keep this personal stuff and trash talking off the forums, pleas

None.

Apr 26 2010, 11:23 am Decency Post #458

Hydra counters Mech at level 1 due to movespeed. The Mech's range is not a factor and tanks are easy to dodge because you just attack, move towards Mech, attack, move towards Mech, repeat: kill Mech.

Most players don't realize this, though.

Sorry, I was bored. =p

None.

Apr 26 2010, 11:45 am OlimarandLouie Post #459

Has anybody else noticed a slight difference on how pubbies play tsiege now? Like how they're sucking more often than usual?

None.

Apr 26 2010, 10:41 pm Changeling Post #460

What are pubbies.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 21 22 23 24 2548 >
  Back to forum