Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: Transcend Duality
Transcend Duality
Oct 24 2009, 7:29 pm
By: Howler
Pages: 1 2 311 >

Oct 24 2009, 7:29 pm Howler Post #1

lucidspiritualdreams.deviantart.com/

Post has been edited 30 time(s), last time on Mar 23 2012, 7:33 pm by Howler.

None.

Oct 25 2009, 6:50 pm Centreri Post #2

Relatively ancient and inactive

It would be nice if the fractal actually extended to infinity, and not to a stop at a random point. And if the background fit the fractalness...

None.

Oct 25 2009, 8:36 pm ClansAreForGays Post #3

I've never been impressed by fractal art. I get the feeling I'm in the minority by the way it is talked about.

Oct 25 2009, 11:33 pm Phobos Post #4

Are you sure about that?

I see nothing.

this is signature

Oct 27 2009, 1:18 pm Howler Post #5

Unfortunately photoshop doesn't have the capability to extend to infinity, but your mind does, which is what I want you to see. If you see nothing than your third eye is closed and you need to meditate on what this image means.

http://www.gaiamind.com/triangle.html

this might help some of you

None.

Oct 27 2009, 1:22 pm Corbo Post #6

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

uh yeah, I'm getting really bugged at people making random stuff on photoshop and calling them art. [/sidecomment]

fuck you all

Oct 27 2009, 4:23 pm Vrael Post #7

Quote from Howler
what this image means.
It means you can inscribe an equilateral triangle inside a sphere using only a straight edge and compass, then do it again and again, but we have known this since the time of the greeks ;)

None.

Oct 27 2009, 4:45 pm CecilSunkure Post #8

Quote from Vrael
Quote from Howler
what this image means.
It means you can inscribe an equilateral triangle inside a sphere using only a straight edge and compass, then do it again and again, but we have known this since the time of the greeks ;)
The greeks stole it from the vikings. The vikings stole it from erosion marks left by the wind on a mountain side. Those marks were caused by random chance. This random chance is what started the universe (or at least, a lot of people believe so). So, this whole idea might be as old as the universe.. :><:

None.

Oct 27 2009, 6:11 pm Howler Post #9

Quote from CecilSunkure
Those marks were caused by random chance. This random chance is what started the universe (or at least, a lot of people believe so). So, this whole idea might be as old as the universe.. :><:

Sacred Geometry is not random. Here are a few examples of fractals found in nature.

None.

Oct 27 2009, 6:38 pm Fire_Kame Post #10

wth is starcraft

Is this a magic eye? Like do I see something if I stand back and cross my eyes? Or do I need to trip acid?

Oct 27 2009, 7:44 pm Centreri Post #11

Relatively ancient and inactive

Fractals are fractals, and are nice. They can be, I suppose, be called 'art', but you cannot say that a fractal will change your worldview. It's a fractal, not a masterpiece on par with Van Gogh. Stop being so offended when people don't consider it to be.

Also, I believe Mathematica should be able to handle Fractals beautifully, but I never actually had Mathematica (I should). Other than that, there's this... but, again, what comes out won't necessarily be art.

None.

Oct 28 2009, 1:15 am Vrael Post #12

Were you high when you posted this perhaps? High people like to open their minds to circles full of pretty colors. That and steal Mcdonalds...

None.

Oct 28 2009, 1:24 am Howler Post #13

Nothing wrong with smoking weed. Nothing wrong with having an open mind. I fail to see what you are trying to get at.

None.

Oct 28 2009, 1:29 am CecilSunkure Post #14

Quote from Howler
Nothing wrong with smoking weed. Nothing wrong with having an open mind. I fail to see what you are trying to get at.
Right, because you are perfect in all you do. Anyways, I was totally kidding about the random chance thing.

None.

Oct 28 2009, 1:34 am Howler Post #15

Maybe this will help some of you see the significance of a double tetrahedron. Search "Merkaba" on google or something.

None.

Oct 28 2009, 1:41 am BeDazed Post #16

Religious experience from circles and triangles, yes!

None.

Oct 28 2009, 1:45 am Howler Post #17

I worry for you guys.

None.

Oct 28 2009, 1:59 am rockz Post #18

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

BEHOLD: Art

Quote from Howler
Nothing wrong with smoking weed.
It's illegal. It's wrong to smoke weed.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Oct 28 2009, 2:34 am Vrael Post #19

It's not a double tetrahedron that's signifigant, it's a single tetrahedron and its dual, which happens to make that figure. The humanoid thing in the middle is pointless though. You just get high too much.

None.

Oct 28 2009, 2:59 am ForTheSwarm Post #20

Quote from Howler
I worry for you guys.

I'm kinda worried for you too.

None.

Options
Pages: 1 2 311 >
  Back to forum