Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: Transcend Duality
Transcend Duality
Oct 24 2009, 7:29 pm
By: Howler
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 511 >

Nov 27 2009, 8:32 am BeDazed Post #41

Yes. I guess they're subatomic. And they're small.
Aside from that, Howler's point was that if atoms are composed of something, then whatever composes the atoms are composed by something smaller and smaller, on and on and on into infinity.
Yes, and why must something be composed of something smaller and smaller and so on to infinity? Why can't it just stop at some point? Just because Nature has a tendency to grow fractally (an approximation at that), does that mean atoms and subatoms must be consisted of things that grew fractally? I just can't see how electrons are anywhere near fractal.

None.

Nov 27 2009, 9:22 am Greo Post #42

Quote from Howler
There are infinitely more irrational numbers than there are rational numbers, hence proving that all life exists infinitely...
How do numbers prove that life exists infinitely? With your logic, I can say that it proves you don't exist.

Quote from Howler
Atoms have a finite size? Ok, then tell me, what are atoms made out of? Once you run a google search on that buddy, tell me what those are made out of, and then those, and then those..oh wait you can't. Ever hear about how infinity can fit into a finite boundary? Still don't believe me? Good luck figuring this one out.
Atoms have a finite size, compared to other atoms.

None.

Nov 29 2009, 3:36 am dumbducky Post #43

Atoms have a finite size? Ok, then tell me, what are atoms made out of? Once you run a google search on that buddy, tell me what those are made out of, and then those, and then those..oh wait you can't. Ever hear about how infinity can fit into a finite boundary? Still don't believe me? Good luck figuring this one out.
Prove that those sub-atomic particles are fractals, and that sub-sub-atomic particles are fractal, etc.

tits

Dec 1 2009, 6:02 am rockz Post #44

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from dumbducky
Prove that those sub-atomic particles are fractals, and that sub-sub-atomic particles are fractal, etc.
That's the logic behind religion. You can't prove it, but you can't disprove it either.

also: Jokesandjokesandjokes
A neutrino walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Hey, can I get you a drink?" The neutrino replies, "Nope, just passing through."

A proton walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Hey, can I get you a drink?" The proton replies, "Nah, not today." "You sure?" questions the bartender. "I'm positive." answers the proton.

A neutron walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Hey, can I get you a drink?" The neutron replies, "Sure, how much?" "For you, no charge." answers the bartender.

<slightly more unrelated>
A horse walks into a bar. The bartender asks, "Why the long face?"
</slightly more unrelated>

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 1 2009, 6:07 am by rockz.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Dec 6 2009, 5:54 pm Howler Post #45

None.

Dec 8 2009, 4:27 am ToA Post #46

Que Sera, Sera.

That's fucking rad howler. You should make me trippy cover art like that, did you make that or if not where can i find stuff like that?

Dec 8 2009, 4:38 am Howler Post #47

Quote from ToA
did you make that or if not where can i find stuff like that?

Yes I made it, and take acid to find it.

None.

Dec 8 2009, 7:07 am ToA Post #48

Que Sera, Sera.

Quote from Howler
Quote from ToA
did you make that or if not where can i find stuff like that?

Yes I made it, and take acid to find it.

Once i get a connect I'll be sure to remember to come back to this thread.

Jan 19 2010, 9:05 pm Kyrax Post #49

Quote from rockz
BEHOLD: Art

Quote from Howler
Nothing wrong with smoking weed.
It's illegal. It's wrong to smoke weed.

That's subjective.

None.

Jan 20 2010, 10:53 pm dumbducky Post #50

US law isn't subjective.

tits

Jan 20 2010, 11:28 pm Pr0nogo Post #51

Quote from dumbducky
US law isn't subjective.

More or less what this brah said.

Jan 21 2010, 1:15 am dumbducky Post #52

I just noticed this, and feel the need to refute it.
Quote from howler
There are infinitely more irrational numbers than there are rational numbers, hence proving that all life exists infinitely...
No there aren't. There's an infinite number of both. Infinity isn't greater than infinity. Also, conclusion doesn't even relate to evidence.

tits

Jan 21 2010, 1:50 am Vrael Post #53

Actually howler is right. The set of rational numbers, commonly denoted by a boldface Q in mathmatics, is what's called a denumerable (or countable) set. Actually I'm not going to bother explaining this anymore and just quote what wikipedia says:
Quote from name:As">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrational_numbers]As a consequence of Cantor's proof that the real numbers are uncountable (and the rationals countable) it follows that almost all real numbers are irrational.

None.

Jan 21 2010, 2:47 am dumbducky Post #54

From another page on wikipedia:
Quote from The">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countable_set]The elements of a countable set can be counted one at a time — although the counting may never finish, every element of the set will eventually be associated with a natural number.
Emphasis mine. "The counting may never finish" is another way of saying infinite. Just because we can't know all the irrational numbers doesn't mean that there's more than an infinite amount of them (the rationals, that is).

tits

Jan 21 2010, 5:10 am Vrael Post #55

No, you don't understand. The real numbers are an infinite set. The rational numbers are also an infinite set, but they're also an infinite subset of the real numbers. If you were to subtract an infinite subset from an infinite set, you can still be left with an infinite subset, and in this case, an infinite subset which is infinitely greater than the subset we already subtracted out of the real numbers. An infinite denumerable set may be smaller than an infinite undenumerable set despite the fact they're both infinite.

In this case, a finite illustration may help:
Between 0 and 10, we have X rational numbers, and Y irrational numbers, where Y > X.
If we extend our range, say 0-100, or 0-1234232, Y will always be larger than X, and if we extend this to the entire infinite set, Y will continue growing larger and larger, for an infinite amount of time.

None.

Jan 21 2010, 5:23 am CecilSunkure Post #56

One definition of infinite is immeasurable. For every two integers, there are an infinite number of irrational numbers between. The amount of irrational numbers compared to integers is something like infinity^(infinity). The are both infinites, but they aren't equal infinites.

Here is an image to help see the point I'm making:

As you, the observer, are looking at this line of integers, you start by looking along the red arrow. Then, you move your gaze along to the teal arrow. You have then just passed from integer three to integer five. From integer three to five is not an infinite amount of integers, however, you have passed over an infinite amount of irrational numbers during this gaze shift. As your gaze continues farther and farther to your left (at a constant change in the angle of gaze), you pass over more and more rational numbers. Although you started off by passing over rational numbers slowly (when your gaze was about perpendicular to the line), you still always pass over an infinite amount of irrational numbers, no matter the distance your gaze travels.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 21 2010, 5:33 am by CecilSunkure.

None.

Jan 21 2010, 6:46 am UnholyUrine Post #57

(totally ignores the crazy stuff above me)

Don't you get it yet? Everything around you is a fractal. Look at the way trees grow, or how human cells grow...This is understanding how God works...
The only objection i have to this is the human cell thing....

If you've looked a little deeper.. human cells (and basically all other cells... luls only human ones concern you? [i know that's not what you meant.. but yeah]) grow in no recognizable patterns and are basically orchestrated by tons of random sh*t...

An easy example of how fucked up our cells are would be the retina of the eye... ... the neurons that actually have the proteins that respond to light are in the innermost layer... then the msg (hyperpolarization) gets transferred outwards into ganglion/lateral cells and a whole bunch of supporting cells that sends the info through the optic nerve... the placement is, for some reason, opposite of what you'd think it is...

I like fractal art tho. they're cool :D ... but not in anyway religiously spiritual for me.

None.

Jan 21 2010, 3:27 pm EzDay281 Post #58

US law isn't subjective.
You made two statements. He did not specify which he was responding to. When one of two choices makes sense, it's safe to assume that it was the one that makes sense.

None.

Jan 21 2010, 5:17 pm Kyrax Post #59

Quote from dumbducky
US law isn't subjective.

Is that so? That's why judges have ruled in order of a defendant on cases where they feel the law is against the Constitutional rights of the defendant? Therefore, making US Law; subjective..But that's a completely different discussion than the one at hand.

To the OP: I wouldn't really necessarily call those 'fractals', but more so Psychedelic Art (and rather impressive, as well) and I love the psychedelic colors you used. I know someone who makes their own fractals with Sterling2 and here are a few that they have done:

Dimensional Beings (Since the img tag wouldn't work for this image)
Dimensional Beings2 (Since the img tag wouldn't work for this image)

Folding Space-Time (since the img tag wouldn't work for this image)

Keep up the good art though, for real. Don't let people here get you down because they want to be dicks, or don't appreciate art, or they just want to talk crap on a new member. But I also recommend that you don't come in here with an 'elitist' attitude and think you know everything because there are in fact people here, who know much more than you do....Sorry, but its true.

I'm going give my friend links to your pics and I'm going to talk to my friend that makes Psychedelic music to see if he'd like you to make some album art for him, because he's in need of some album art for an album he's in the process of making :D

Quote from EzDay281
US law isn't subjective.
You made two statements. He did not specify which he was responding to. When one of two choices makes sense, it's safe to assume that it was the one that makes sense.

Actually, I was replying to this statement:
It's illegal. It's wrong to smoke weed.

Just because something is illegal, doesn't mean its wrong. There are plenty of things that are illegal, that aren't wrong; hence, why I stated that the statement is subjective.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 21 2010, 5:35 pm by Kyrax. Reason: added more to the post

None.

Jan 21 2010, 6:21 pm Howler Post #60

Thank you Kyrax. It's nice to see a mature response. Those pictures you posted are amazing by the way! Tell your friend to keep up the great work.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 511 >
  Back to forum