Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
yes 26

60%
None.
no 18

41%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 44 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Oct 14 2009, 1:28 pm Devourer Post #21

Hello

how about a link to the whole skin?
The part of the skin I can see in the screenshots.... eww GOD NO.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 14 2009, 2:44 pm Lingie Post #22

Carbonite is too obnoxiously small for me to read in certain spots.. And frankly, I don't like seeing the same concept art from SC over and over and over again.

V4 for life.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Oct 14 2009, 3:02 pm Riney Post #23

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Corbo
Quote from name:Dark_Marine

Everyone minus 5 people want the old v4 skin. Make that and you get +9001

I hate when people just say stuff for no reason (sorry dm), so let's do this. Open Poll!
Nothing will change anyway but for future reference...

<3 You know I mean only the best in my ramblings on.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Oct 14 2009, 3:55 pm CaptainWill Post #24

Yes, of course.

None.

Oct 14 2009, 7:27 pm MadZombie Post #25

Why not.

None.

Oct 14 2009, 9:44 pm Centreri Post #26

Relatively ancient and inactive

I'm personally happy with our 'Epic' skin (the one without purple), and don't need the administrators to go through this. However, it sure would be nice to bring back some of the niceness we were planning, like the post backgrounds. They would be cached and wouldn't really slow down the website for us who visit SEN regularly, and for the little new ones, they'll like seeing the unique backgrounds, which may draw them to SEN more than to other websites. It's these little perks that will draw people to SEN and away from rivaling websites once SCII comes out. Hint hint.

Those backgrounds were awesome. :D

None.

Oct 15 2009, 12:34 am MadZombie Post #27

As awesome as PBG (post back grounds, from now on) sound it seems like something that won't really work well without minerals. I run on instinct and my instincts tell me so.

Bring back rewards omg D:

None.

Oct 15 2009, 2:15 am dumbducky Post #28

v5 became less awesome when the location was moved from /1337v5/. Post backgrounds were annoying, though. I miss the old v4 skin, though.

tits

Oct 15 2009, 2:20 am MadZombie Post #29

Yea thinking about it PBG's would probably make SEN look real ugly and unprofessional... ah w/e

None.

Oct 15 2009, 2:34 am DavidJCobb Post #30

I haven't seen the v4 skin, so I can't comment on that... But post backgrounds could be a good idea if they were toned down... Like, the dominant color would be the normal background color...

They could be done as greyscale PNGs with alpha transparency, designed to have a very low opacity... Like, really faded.

I have IrfanView and GIMP, and I'm using Firefox with Firebug installed, so if anyone has some images that would be decent candidates for such a thing, I could test 'em out and see how they'd look.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 15 2009, 2:35 am by DavidJCobb. Reason: I meant "greyscale", not "monochromatic"

None.

Oct 15 2009, 3:36 am FatalException Post #31

Original v5 (back when v4 still existed and v5 was in open beta) had post backgrounds that worked just fine.

None.

Oct 15 2009, 3:48 am DevliN Post #32

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from name:Ultimo
You mean the option of using it, not forcing it back to that way right? :P

Stolen from Jamal, I wish we had our names like that still. :D
Yeah, I want my orange name back! :P

I voted yes.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 15 2009, 3:53 am Corbo Post #33

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

I'm actually surprised at how many people want the v4 skin back.

I consider the v5 skin an improvement, more graphical, better design and all. Never thought that MANY people would actually want the v4 skin back.

fuck you all

Oct 15 2009, 3:53 am Neki Post #34

I think I either had a red name or an orange name, with a shadow. It looked so epic, I miss it. I have 100+ posts and all I got was this crummy white name!

edit: I just miss the name colours to be honest, also the colours for different ranks. :P

None.

Oct 15 2009, 4:01 am Corbo Post #35

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Man, when getting 300 posts was like HAAAAAAAAAAAAARD. I remember that someone got banned cause he spammed his way to regular.
If you were a regular you were like ohwtfhax and if you were elite it was like GOD. I actually think that being elite was considered cooler than being an admin :P

fuck you all

Oct 15 2009, 4:21 am FatalException Post #36

I had just gotten greenie when v4 died. :(

None.

Oct 15 2009, 5:22 am EzDay281 Post #37

Man, when getting 300 posts was like HAAAAAAAAAAAAARD. I remember that someone got banned cause he spammed his way to regular.
If you were a regular you were like ohwtfhax and if you were elite it was like GOD. I actually think that being elite was considered cooler than being an admin :P
I remember when Aster gave me the "Most prolific poster" award for when I had 30 posts/day average.
I can't even imagine how I used to do that. x_X
I do remember being like, the first or second to hit 2000 posts on SEN.

None.

Oct 15 2009, 5:24 am DevliN Post #38

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I think I was one of 3 non-staff Elites by the time v5 came around. I was proud, no joke. :><:

I do also remember someone getting to Elite by spamming like crazy and had it taken away almost immediately. SEN justice is swift.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 15 2009, 5:30 am FatalException Post #39

JordanN.

It was so hard to get elite back then, with Misc. posts not counting...

None.

Oct 15 2009, 5:30 am Neki Post #40

See, it was good for us! Bring back posting rewards, it makes us more modest and active. :D

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 47 >
  Back to forum