Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: What is your religion/belief?
What is your religion/belief?
Sep 4 2009, 3:55 am
By: Madroc
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 614 >

Polls
What is your main religion/belief?
What is your main religion/belief?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Christianity 21

29%
None.
Judaism 1

2%
None.
Buddhism 1

2%
None.
Hinduism 0

0%
None.
Islam 1

2%
None.
Muslim 0

0%
None.
Chinese Traditional 1

2%
None.
Primal Indigenous 1

2%
None.
Atheism 23

31%
None.
Agnostic 16

22%
None.
Other 10

14%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 75 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Sep 5 2009, 8:59 pm Falkoner Post #61

Christian = Believers in Christ being the son of God, that's all there is to it.

None.

Sep 5 2009, 9:01 pm omginbd Post #62

Quote from name:zany_001
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cults/jw.htm
If the belief in one God that sent prophets on earth to speak His will is Christianity, then Muslims are Christians.

Too bad that's not what Christianity is...
"Christianity (from the Greek word Xριστός, Khristos, "Christ", literally "anointed one") is a monotheistic religion[1] centered on the life and teachings of Jesus as presented in the New Testament"

None.

Sep 5 2009, 9:07 pm Jack Post #63

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from omginbd
Quote from name:zany_001
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cults/jw.htm
If the belief in one God that sent prophets on earth to speak His will is Christianity, then Muslims are Christians.

Too bad that's not what Christianity is...
"Christianity (from the Greek word Xριστός, Khristos, "Christ", literally "anointed one") is a monotheistic religion[1] centered on the life and teachings of Jesus as presented in the New Testament"

Eh, I put it badly there, sorry about that.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 27 2009, 7:19 am KooKsTeR Post #64

Lets not worry about who is right or wrong and lets not call anyone cults
Oh, so then you don't agree. Thinking the chance for life to exist in a universe so immensely huge is so small that there must be something big behind it is a strange leap of logic. My your dilemma is that you don't feel small enough
That video gives a really really really darn good perspective DANG!

< Mormon / LDS / Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints / I got more names if you really want

None.

Sep 27 2009, 9:25 am Alzarath Post #65

Praetor

Rahaha! My vote has tipped the favor on the sides of atheism! We win. ;)

None.

Sep 27 2009, 11:57 am BeDazed Post #66

I am Christian. And it made it 15:15 again.

None.

Sep 27 2009, 6:34 pm poison_us Post #67

Back* from the grave

I'm other. All religions/lack thereof suck, and I can easily make fun of pretty much any I want. I laugh at the Christians that think the Big Bang theory is invalid while their creation is precise. I suppose you could argue I'm agnostic, but that refers more to a branch of a particular belief. Also, it's a method of not choosing I find disturbing...

Sep 27 2009, 6:38 pm MasterJohnny Post #68

Quote from BeDazed
I am Christian. And it made it 15:15 again.

The Athiest group is suppose to be 16 but I voted other because I couldn't vote Buddhist and Atheist.

Quote from poison_us
I laugh at the Christians that think the Big Bang theory is invalid while their creation is precise.
Agreed :lol:

I am a Mathematician

Sep 27 2009, 8:56 pm FatalException Post #69

Quote from poison_us
I'm other. All religions/lack thereof suck, and I can easily make fun of pretty much any I want.
You must really hate yourself if you make fun of yourself all the time. Your logic is EXTREMELY fallible, unless the argument you're trying to make is that everything sucks. You can believe in something, you can not believe in something, you can kind of believe in something but have disagreements with it, but by no means can you neither believe and not believe something AND have an opinion, which is what it sounds like you're trying to say you do.

None.

Sep 27 2009, 10:36 pm BeDazed Post #70

but by no means can you neither believe and not believe something AND have an opinion, which is what it sounds like you're trying to say you do.
WUT. You can't be everyman?!

None.

Sep 27 2009, 11:10 pm dumbducky Post #71

I'm other. All religions/lack thereof suck, and I can easily make fun of pretty much any I want. I laugh at the Christians that think the Big Bang theory is invalid while their creation is precise. I suppose you could argue I'm agnostic, but that refers more to a branch of a particular belief. Also, it's a method of not choosing I find disturbing...
You essentially said you don't subscribe to any theistic denomination, nor atheism. That puts you in agnostic land. Except, according to you, you're not. You find the "method of not choosing ... disturbing", but you do not choose.

tits

Sep 27 2009, 11:15 pm Centreri Post #72

Relatively ancient and inactive

You don't even have to analyze it that far. 'All religions/lack thereof suck' is enough to lay bare his contradiction.

None.

Sep 27 2009, 11:49 pm dumbducky Post #73

That could imply agnosticism, which refutes atheism and theism on the basis that we can't know.

tits

Sep 28 2009, 3:09 am rayNimagi Post #74

Have you considered that he's joking a bit?

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Sep 28 2009, 3:51 am ClansAreForGays Post #75

Quote from rayNimagi
Have you considered that he's joking a bit?
You obviously don't know poison

You've vastly overestimated him.

Sep 28 2009, 4:06 am Vrael Post #76

Clearly, the fact that you are taking part in this discussion implies that Nora Roberts has given birth to a large seven winged flying pig. Also, all christians clearly are conspiring to steal all the cookies from the cookie jar, and aetheists will never share their extensive knowledge of how to build microscopic cans of chicken noodle soup, even if the agnostics were to bribe them with large rotating displays of fabulous colors and some ice cream. This state of events implies that the only true Buddha can be anyone not participating in this chat, and that subscribing to any particular denomination will devalue the total of your assets in gold, whether it be anything from aetheism to buddhism to christianity. Also, Jesus called and told me to tell you that he loves you.

These are hard facts, and cannot be disputed by a bunch of angsty teenagers posting on a starcraft website in a topic where the rules of life do not apply: so don't even try.

None.

Sep 28 2009, 4:22 am Norm Post #77

Quote from Vrael
Clearly, the fact that you are taking part in this discussion implies that Nora Roberts has given birth to a large seven winged flying pig. Also, all christians clearly are conspiring to steal all the cookies from the cookie jar, and aetheists will never share their extensive knowledge of how to build microscopic cans of chicken noodle soup, even if the agnostics were to bribe them with large rotating displays of fabulous colors and some ice cream. This state of events implies that the only true Buddha can be anyone not participating in this chat, and that subscribing to any particular denomination will devalue the total of your assets in gold, whether it be anything from aetheism to buddhism to christianity. Also, Jesus called and told me to tell you that he loves you.

These are hard facts, and cannot be disputed by a bunch of angsty teenagers posting on a starcraft website in a topic where the rules of life do not apply: so don't even try.

Well said, but what does this mean for those who do not have religion?

Also, will my pets be affected?

None.

Sep 28 2009, 4:49 am Vrael Post #78

Quote from Norm
Well said, but what does this mean for those who do not have religion?
Quote from Vrael
that subscribing to any particular denomination will devalue the total of your assets in gold
The value of their gold assets will remain slightly larger than those of other denominations.

Only the following pets will be affected by the implications presented above:
Cats, Orangutans, Goldfish larger than 6 inches long, Rodents (including Guinea Pigs and Squirrels), Tire Irons, Wombats, Octopie, Swedish Fish, Snakes, Bears, Telephone Poles, Furbies, Nano Pets, Giga Pets, Fempto Pets, and Hampsters.

Note: Rock pets will only suffer from approximately half as many of the effects of the above implications.
Note2: Dogs are too cool for you.

None.

Sep 28 2009, 4:58 am CecilSunkure Post #79

Agnostics are so damn good ^^

Quote from Rainah
In any case, I'm an agnostic mormon.
That's not how it works. Mutual exclusion. You can't be both, sorry xp

None.

Sep 28 2009, 5:14 am Falkoner Post #80

Maybe it means you're agnostic, but if proof of God is shown you believe what Mormons do ;)

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 614 >
  Back to forum