Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: What is your religion/belief?
What is your religion/belief?
Sep 4 2009, 3:55 am
By: Madroc
Pages: < 1 2 3 414 >

Polls
What is your main religion/belief?
What is your main religion/belief?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Christianity 21

29%
None.
Judaism 1

2%
None.
Buddhism 1

2%
None.
Hinduism 0

0%
None.
Islam 1

2%
None.
Muslim 0

0%
None.
Chinese Traditional 1

2%
None.
Primal Indigenous 1

2%
None.
Atheism 23

31%
None.
Agnostic 16

22%
None.
Other 10

14%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 75 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Sep 4 2009, 5:07 pm Devourer Post #21

Hello

I don't belief in god or such.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Sep 4 2009, 5:08 pm Corbo Post #22

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from Dapperdan
Quote from Corbo
I'm Pastafarian.

Me too. (no really, it's my religion on facebook)

There DEFINITELY has been this thread before. If not, there must have been ones extremely similar...
lul, makes me want to do the same on my facebook. But then again, I've decided to give the least information I can on my fb.

fuck you all

Sep 4 2009, 7:13 pm Jack Post #23

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from Syphon
Quote from name:zany_001
And what about cults like the jehovahs witnesses and mormons? And roman catholicism is fairly non Christian.

Roman Catholicism is the original Christianity.

Nope, the original Christians are known as the church fathers, and had a church system similiar to that of Protestant churches today, without the bands. At the time (this is in the first century) the Roman church was small/nonexistant. The bigger churches were in Jerusalem and the Greek area. The Catholic church believed and believes totally different things than the original churches. For a period in the Dark Ages, the Catholic church became predominant in Europe, but there were still churches in the Middle East and to a certain extent Asia that were the same as the original churches that the church fathers founded.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 4 2009, 7:33 pm Zycorax Post #24

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

I wouldn't say I'm religious (actually I sort of dislike most of the religions in the world), but I have sort of made some theories of infinite reincarnation. That whenever we die, we get reincarnated as another living being somewhere in the universe. I may even go as far as to say that if something goes wrong in the process we get stuck as a ghost till we've done something that needs to be done before we can continue to our next body. But there's no such thing as gods. gg

Sep 4 2009, 7:35 pm Norm Post #25

Non-religious.

None.

Sep 4 2009, 7:49 pm Fire_Kame Post #26

wth is starcraft

Christian.

...no duh...

Sep 4 2009, 7:54 pm Hug A Zergling Post #27

No Matrixism?
Well, that.

None.

Sep 4 2009, 8:28 pm Doodan Post #28

Atheist.

None.

Sep 4 2009, 9:57 pm Ashamed Post #29

Hear me Raor!!

I'm a christian, but I am a very opened minded christain... I follow my believes from the bible and the bible only... >< I don't listen to all of them "We are better then other peopel christians"

None.

Sep 4 2009, 11:14 pm dumbducky Post #30

You forgot to separate Catholics from heretics, fool.

Quote from Syphon
And what about cults like the jehovahs witnesses and mormons? And roman catholicism is fairly non Christian.

Nope, the original Christians are known as the church fathers, and had a church system similiar to that of Protestant churches today, without the bands. At the time (this is in the first century) the Roman church was small/nonexistant. The bigger churches were in Jerusalem and the Greek area. The Catholic church believed and believes totally different things than the original churches. For a period in the Dark Ages, the Catholic church became predominant in Europe, but there were still churches in the Middle East and to a certain extent Asia that were the same as the original churches that the church fathers founded.
Lets analyze your first sentence. The church fathers were the fathers of which church? The Catholic church. Just because it didn't call itself that doesn't mean it's a different church.

tits

Sep 4 2009, 11:58 pm ShredderIV Post #31

Christian, although i'm open to many ideas, i'll stick with christianity... But i'm not the kind of person who would beat you in the head with a bible. I guess some would call em hardcore because i dont drink and smoke and stuff, but that's their opinion...

None.

Sep 5 2009, 12:09 am Jack Post #32

Quote from dumbducky
You forgot to separate Catholics from heretics, fool.

Quote from Syphon

Lets analyze your first sentence. The church fathers were the fathers of which church? The Catholic church. Just because it didn't call itself that doesn't mean it's a different church.

But it was. The ROMAN catholic church was started from Rome, and had very different beliefs than the churches that came before. So the FIRST churches were NOT the Roman catholic churches.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 5 2009, 12:17 am Mr.Camo Post #33

Agnostic. I like to free my thought I suppose.

None.

Sep 5 2009, 12:40 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #34

Just here for the activity... well not really

I'm something between an Omnist and Agnostic, with a tint of weak Atheism.

To wrap up my belief, Religion is a point of view and thus relative.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Sep 5 2009, 1:02 am BiOAtK Post #35

The ROMAN catholic church was started from Rome,.

/facepalm

I was raised roman catholic. and no. it WAS started in rome; but it was the original church.
"Wilken, p. 281, quote: "Some (Christian communities) had been founded by Peter, the disciple Jesus designated as the founder of his church. ... Once the position was institutionalized, historians looked back and recognized Peter as the first pope of the Christian church in Rome."

"Norman, p. 11, p. 14, quote: "The Church was founded by Jesus himself in his earthly lifetime.", "The apostolate was established in Rome, the world's capital when the church was inaugurated; it was there that the universality of the Christian teaching most obviously took its central directive—it was the bishops of Rome who very early on began to receive requests for adjudication on disputed points from other bishops."

The first official church was established by Peter, in Rome. Peter was appointed by Jesus to be the church leader.

I'm atheist, btw.

None.

Sep 5 2009, 1:13 am Jack Post #36

But the Bible says the first church was started in Jerusalem. The next churches were at Corinth, Ephesus, Phillipi, Galatia, etc. The Roman church was further down the road. Also, do those citations have any proof that Jesus and Peter went to Rome and started a church there? The Bible says PAUL went there, but IIRC it doesn't say Jesus or Peter went there.

And Peter was the leader of the apostles that stayed in Judah, Paul was the one that went to the non-Jewish people. So in that respect Peter was the leader of the churches in Judah.

Red classic.

Sep 5 2009, 1:57 am DevliN Post #37

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I usually consider atheism and agnosticism to be the same. I know they fundamentally aren't, but both basically believe there is no God.

For the purpose of this poll, I'm agnostic due to the lack of any proof that any God exists to me.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 5 2009, 2:08 am Jack Post #38

I believe a combination of Linuxism, neo-matrixism, and reformed Christianity.

Red classic.

Sep 5 2009, 2:44 am Fierce Post #39

L. Ron Hubbard would be pissed.

I am an Atheist.

None.

Sep 5 2009, 3:34 am RIVE Post #40

Just Here For The Pie

What a lack of faith for so many people here..

By the way, I attend a Byzantine Catholic parish. It is a very beautiful place.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 414 >
  Back to forum