Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: What do you carry daily?
What do you carry daily?
Aug 24 2009, 1:58 am
By: Excalibur
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 >

Sep 4 2009, 4:26 am Corbo Post #141

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Oh yeah, because you'll totally rape a guy pointing a gun at you with a knife.

Mugging is what you'd use it for.

fuck you all

Sep 4 2009, 6:04 am Syphon Post #142

Quote from Symmetry
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Excalibur
Quote from Fire_Kame
Knives unless utility are worthless or else illegal.
Not true.

What, exactly, are they useful for when you're walking around?

Self defense/mugging people.

If someone tried to mug me, I'd have an excuse to kill him, rather than just beat him up.

None.

Sep 4 2009, 10:46 am Excalibur Post #143

The sword and the faith

Quote from Syphon
Quote from Symmetry
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Excalibur
Quote from Fire_Kame
Not true.

If someone tried to mug me, I'd have an excuse to kill him, rather than just beat him up.
Some of us are in bad shape/do not work out/are not trained in any sort of self defense. I like my body a lot better without muscles but it obviously has its drawbacks.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Sep 4 2009, 11:14 am JaFF Post #144

Quote from Syphon
Quote from Symmetry
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Excalibur
Quote from Fire_Kame
Not true.

The law may disagree.

None.

Sep 4 2009, 11:34 am KrayZee Post #145

Quote from Excalibur
Some of us are in bad shape/do not work out/are not trained in any sort of self defense. I like my body a lot better without muscles but it obviously has its drawbacks.
Good luck dealing with those who are well trained on Krav Maga.

None.

Sep 4 2009, 11:47 am Magicide Post #146

Sleeping wolves wake hungry.

Knives are generally only illegal if over three inches.

However, if you have previous convictions to do with knives, you aren't allowed to carry one on your person at all.

Those are the laws in this country, anyway.

Sep 4 2009, 11:51 am Excalibur Post #147

The sword and the faith

Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Excalibur
Yes because it's so likely that is the type of person I will encounter and be at odds with.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Sep 4 2009, 12:44 pm KrayZee Post #148

Quote from Excalibur
Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Excalibur
Yes because it's so likely that is the type of person I will encounter and be at odds with.
But using a knife? Chances are, considering that hundreds of law enforcements teaches Krav Maga in the United States (As well training thousands of civilians) and all around the world, an officer would attempt to stop you from stabbing, or cutting anyone whether you are in the act of self-defense or not, even if you're against those trying to mug you.

None.

Sep 4 2009, 12:56 pm Excalibur Post #149

The sword and the faith

Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Excalibur
Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Excalibur
But using a knife? Chances are, considering that hundreds of law enforcements teaches Krav Maga in the United States (As well training thousands of civilians) and all around the world, an officer would attempt to stop you from stabbing, or cutting anyone whether you are in the act of self-defense or not, even if you're against those trying to mug you.
And I would need to do this if an officer was around why? I mean, considering their job is protect and serve and all.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Sep 4 2009, 1:12 pm KrayZee Post #150

If by chance that you murdered someone in the act of self defense, and there's a corpse lying around that would eventually be discovered/witnessed. Plus leaving some evidence such as finger prints, foot prints, or if someone survived your attack, despite if THEY were the ones trying to mug, they could easily call the police and describe your appearance, and the law enforcement would likely track you down in the cases of murder or attempted murder. If it's self defense, why not get trained? You don't have to work out and get muscular, and many women (Aside from balls kicking) are capable of defending themselves without knives or muscle building.

None.

Sep 4 2009, 1:25 pm DevliN Post #151

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I carry around:
My iPhone
My keys
My wallet
My low self-esteem

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 4 2009, 1:34 pm Excalibur Post #152

The sword and the faith

Quote from KrayZee
If by chance that you murdered someone in the act of self defense, and there's a corpse lying around that would eventually be discovered/witnessed. Plus leaving some evidence such as finger prints, foot prints, or if someone survived your attack, despite if THEY were the ones trying to mug, they could easily call the police and describe your appearance, and the law enforcement would likely track you down in the cases of murder or attempted murder. If it's self defense, why not get trained? You don't have to work out and get muscular, and many women (Aside from balls kicking) are capable of defending themselves without knives or muscle building.
I doubt I'd kill them unless I had to. And it's a lot more about intimidation if anything. I'm not all that imposing on my own, but the knives I have are rather threatening, and because I wear them on my belt in full view, it's a bit of a deterrent if anything.

I remember in the mall I was in hot topic, a bunch of hollister/abercrombie shirted half wiggers were sitting on some benches a few feet away from the door making remarks and rude gestures. Everyone in the store kind of had the '-.- can they just go away now?' look on their faces. I went over to them, casually resting my hand on top of my knife sheathed on my belt and was just like 'Oh hey guys, how ya doin'? Look this shit you're pulling is kind of not-cool could you knock it off?', now we could assume that's what did it, however I watched their eyes, they saw the knife, they got the picture. They cut it out, got up and left. I feel if I hadn't had my knife it would've gone a lot differently, even though I didn't have to use it. I feel a lot more comfortable with one than I do without, makes me feel safe, and I think that counts for something.

Now Clans is free to come in here and be all 'Cool story bro' and Syphon is free to come in and tell me how he wouldn't of been scared and would've kicked my ass anyway or conversely how he wouldn't have needed a knife to scare said persons. That's fine and dandy, that's what works for you, but this is what works for me.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Sep 4 2009, 4:20 pm Syphon Post #153

Quote from Excalibur
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Symmetry
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Excalibur
Quote from Fire_Kame
Not true.

The drawback being, you having a knife gives the MUGGER an excuse to kill you.

Quote from JaFF
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Symmetry
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Excalibur
Quote from Fire_Kame
Not true.

The law may disagree.

I meant mug me with a knife. Self defense against potentially deadly force = kill him.

Quote from KrayZee

That's why if you kill someone in self defense, you report it... You don't go around attacking people with knives.

Also ya, you don't have to be very strong to know some DEVISTATING krav moves.

None.

Sep 4 2009, 8:45 pm lil-Inferno Post #154

Just here for the pie

Quote from dumbducky
A third-world country with rich people? Haha. :P
As opposed to middle class people?

Sep 5 2009, 1:22 am Centreri Post #155

Relatively ancient and inactive

I remember in the mall I was in hot topic, a bunch of hollister/abercrombie shirted half wiggers were sitting on some benches a few feet away from the door making remarks and rude gestures. Everyone in the store kind of had the '-.- can they just go away now?' look on their faces. I went over to them, casually resting my hand on top of my knife sheathed on my belt and was just like 'Oh hey guys, how ya doin'? Look this shit you're pulling is kind of not-cool could you knock it off?', now we could assume that's what did it, however I watched their eyes, they saw the knife, they got the picture. They cut it out, got up and left. I feel if I hadn't had my knife it would've gone a lot differently, even though I didn't have to use it. I feel a lot more comfortable with one than I do without, makes me feel safe, and I think that counts for something.
You must really be quite intimidating. I think I would've laughed and said that I like sitting where I am.

Then again, I wouldn't be making rude gestures.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 5 2009, 1:42 am by Centreri.

None.

Sep 5 2009, 1:38 am Echo Post #156

Keys
Flashlight/Laser pointer
Debit card
Metrocard
Ipod Touch
Cellphone
Butterfly knife
Pocket sized bible
Sketch pad
And a book that I read on the subway, currently Got Fight?

None.

Sep 5 2009, 1:47 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #157

Just here for the activity... well not really

Quote from Corbo

You block the bullet with your knife like in movies.

Expect in movies the swords are like 4in wide. :/

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Sep 5 2009, 9:45 am Syphon Post #158

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
Quote from Corbo

You block the bullet with your knife like in movies.

Expect in movies the swords are like 4in wide. :/

Well to be fair, pointing point blank at your head, a gun is no better than a knife.

None.

Sep 5 2009, 12:16 pm Excalibur Post #159

The sword and the faith

Quote from Centreri
You must really be quite intimidating. I think I would've laughed and said that I like sitting where I am.

Then again, I wouldn't be making rude gestures.
Had they not been bothering everyone I wouldn't have given a shit. They were causing trouble and being stereotypical idiots and they knew it.

Quote from Echo
Butterfly knife
See? I wouldn't walk around where Echo lives without a knife either. :P

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Sep 5 2009, 1:45 pm dumbducky Post #160

I wouldn't walk around where Echo lives, period. NYC sucks.

tits

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 >
  Back to forum