Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Battlenet Disconnects me.
Battlenet Disconnects me.
Aug 17 2009, 3:17 am
By: Sie_Sayoka
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 >

Nov 12 2009, 8:32 am NudeRaider Post #121

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Never had a hack, but some other programs:
- Mods
- ScmThumb
- Editors
- Unprotectors
- Bots
- Downgrader
All of them, except ScmThumb, not running of course but most of them even in the sc directory.

Nov 12 2009, 8:36 am Jack Post #122

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I have the feeling it looks for bot exe's. Can't imagine the rest being a problem though.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Nov 12 2009, 9:06 am NudeRaider Post #123

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Oh and I forgot my registry patcher. I haven't installed sc for years. ;)

Well I can easily test that by deleting it, as I'm not using a bot. Reporting back as soon as I have results.

Nov 12 2009, 3:20 pm Heinermann Post #124

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Chaoslauncher and other loaders count as hacks.
Maybe it has to do with DEP? Do people that DON'T disconnect have DEP turned on?

Nov 12 2009, 3:56 pm MEMEME670 Post #125

I just recently installed CL again on my new comp, but i believe i was still getting DC'd without it...

Doesnt happen much to me anymore though, maybe twice a day.

None.

Nov 12 2009, 5:26 pm NudeRaider Post #126

Yeah after deleting the reg patcher and the bot and Oblivion I only got kicked once today. Before, I used to drop like every game.
BUT as has already been reported that could be pure coincidence as people sometimes get kicked more often on one day and less often on another.
I will keep the progs deleted for now and see if the change is permanent.

Nov 12 2009, 9:18 pm ShadowFlare Post #127

It is fairly random. Some days I'll find I'm disconnected from Battle.net upon returning from basically every game, sometimes discovering in the middle of a game when I try to find if someone is on or in a game, not getting a response back. Some days I might get disconnected only once or not at all.

Quote from Heinermann
Maybe it has to do with DEP? Do people that DON'T disconnect have DEP turned on?
If some people who don't get disconnected have DEP turned on, it must be unrelated because I have it on and do get disconnected. Besides, a program that does not crash with a DEP message when DEP is enabled probably does not run any differently whether it is enabled or disabled.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 12 2009, 9:24 pm by ShadowFlare.

None.

Nov 13 2009, 1:48 am Falkoner Post #128

I attached a program that watched for anything SC accessed upon running, it didn't check any files other than the necessary SC ones, I'm fairly sure that Blizzard is just screwing up.

None.

Nov 13 2009, 4:23 am Heinermann Post #129

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

You're right, I was just trying to narrow it down without doing any work. :P

Nov 13 2009, 3:47 pm MEMEME670 Post #130

Theres probably some odd forumla they use for warden to decide when it kicks who, but nobody can figure it out.

None.

Nov 13 2009, 4:09 pm Excalibur Post #131

The sword and the faith

Quote from MEMEME670
Theres probably some odd forumla they use for warden to decide when it kicks who, but nobody can figure it out.
I think Zynastor has obviously figured it out, since his hack either returns the correct values or knows how to make Warden happy without the values anyway.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Nov 13 2009, 5:21 pm DevliN Post #132

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I don't think it has anything to do with other programs in your SC directory. I don't have any mods or bots in my SC directory (anymore, thanks to installing Windows 7 after wiping my hard drive), and I still get disconnected sometimes.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 13 2009, 5:48 pm NudeRaider Post #133

But it might have something to do with the frequent kicks (like every game).

Nov 14 2009, 12:56 am Pr0nogo Post #134

Battle.net refuses to let me even connect. I never even run the hacks anymore (nor do I run the iCCup Launcher), and it won't even let me connect (gives me that whole virus thing). I've reinstalled countless times, and it only happened after using BWAI Downgrader. I can only connect to The Abyss (can someone link me to ShadowFlare's Server? I couldn't find it on her site).

Nov 14 2009, 6:48 am 13Stallion Post #135

Quote from name:Pronogo
Battle.net refuses to let me even connect. I never even run the hacks anymore (nor do I run the iCCup Launcher), and it won't even let me connect (gives me that whole virus thing). I've reinstalled countless times, and it only happened after using BWAI Downgrader. I can only connect to The Abyss (can someone link me to ShadowFlare's Server? I couldn't find it on her site).

after unistalling youre probably gonna have to clean out your registry of any stray SC Entries, that might be worth a try. Then reinstall after cleaning the registry.

None.

Nov 14 2009, 2:09 pm ShadowFlare Post #136

Quote from name:Pronogo
Did you use the downgrader to go back to version 1.16.1 before trying to get on battle.net? Earlier versions installed by BWAI Downgrader may all be modified in some way.

By the way, I don't mention my server on my site because I don't actually want it to just be found. I prefer that people mainly only find out basically by word of mouth, to keep the number of people regularly using it to a minimum.

None.

Nov 14 2009, 4:34 pm poiuy_qwert Post #137

PyMS and ProTRG developer

You may also be using an older version of the BWAI Downgrader. The newest version can be found here.

Nov 14 2009, 8:55 pm Pr0nogo Post #138

Thanks so much poiuy, the new version works perfectly! Problem resolved.

Nov 15 2009, 4:28 am MEMEME670 Post #139

Quote from Excalibur
Quote from MEMEME670
I think Zynastor has obviously figured it out, since his hack either returns the correct values or knows how to make Warden happy without the values anyway.

I'm going to go with the latter on this one.

Probably just makes it so warden doesnt see you, or doesnt see you 'enough' to include you in such a formula.

None.

Nov 15 2009, 8:04 am NudeRaider Post #140

His own words on this were "I disabled a certain hack detection method."

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 >
  Back to forum