Update in progress
Jul 26 2009, 9:40 pm
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 58 >

Jul 27 2009, 3:30 am payne Post #41

:payne:

Quote from Vi3t-X
Quote from name:Pariah
Do whatever you want with icons, as long as I get to keep my sexy one :)
I want that icon. :(
Just testing a little thing by the (see how the icon in front of Pariah is like the moderator one while when you look at original posts, he has that veteran icon.
So if my logic do not fail, Viet's should become a moderator icon or something...

Anyways, personally, I don't really care about the fact that the icons do not match or any of this, though I like to have it sticking with my name :D
If ever you want something representing a rank, simply use military badges... ;o

EDIT: Damn, didn't work as I expected it, still, look at this post (http://www.staredit.net/164814/), it do shows the bug I mentioned. Oh, and it did the same thing with Corbo: http://www.staredit.net/164747/ (though he gets Normal instead of Veteran).

Lol @ isolatedpurity

EDIT 2: I though maybe the quote of a quote fixed that bug, new test:
Quote from CecilSunkure
Quote from Corbo
Quote from name:isolatedpurity
CecilSunkure: Allow users to pick the icon's color.
Discuss.
And rename sen to parrotedit.net and call it PET for short.

It's already going too far with all the variety in place right now. I do not oppose to having icons next to names but just feel like making them part of the composition sen forms is a must right now.
Yeah it would look tacky.. Sort of cheap and thrown together.

How about if the icons are made to look like Windows Vista style? As in shiny and translucent?

EDIT 3: Yup, it does fix it ^^

None.

Jul 27 2009, 3:49 am Kaias Post #42

If there are going to be ranks they shouldn't be displayed in the Name (apart from, perhaps staff). Instead I would support a medal listing. Various medals you could acquire and would go in your 'chest' (displayed in your profile page or perhaps even in under your online/contact buttons.

None.

Jul 27 2009, 3:57 am payne Post #43

:payne:

And fix the Mug of Moose Appreciation trophy, I want it :(
Good idea@Kaias

P.S. It seems like to be a veteran, it's >300 activity and >1k posts

None.

Jul 27 2009, 4:45 am DevliN Post #44

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I'm only a "Regular" (whatever that means) with 300+ Activity and 570+ posts. Based on that idea, posts sure do have a large affect on this.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 27 2009, 4:46 am UnholyUrine Post #45

Even Falkoner, and NudeRaider don't get Elite? .. Who's actually an Elite?

EDIT: d-uuuh I made bad errors.. :C .. corrected :D

None.

Jul 27 2009, 4:48 am CecilSunkure Post #46

Quote from DevliN
I'm only a "Regular" (whatever that means) with 300+ Activity and 570+ posts. Based on that idea, posts sure do have a large affect on this.
Yeah, you have a lowish post per day count. So you were probably on the list for veteran, but they decided not to promote you because of the low posts per day, I guess. Or maybe too many null topic posts?

None.

Jul 27 2009, 4:49 am DevliN Post #47

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Not like it matters anyway, since I'm Staff. But looking more into this, I see a "Regular" with 300+ posts.

EDIT:
I dunno, it seems like "Regular" means nothing since almost everyone on right now has at least that. I think this system isn't very good.

My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 27 2009, 4:50 am Falkoner Post #48

Oh hey, I just thought an admin deserves a high-five for adding percents to the Forums tab in our profiles, nice addition :)

None.

Jul 27 2009, 5:04 am Demented Shaman Post #49

Quote from Falkoner
Oh hey, I just thought an admin deserves a high-five for adding percents to the Forums tab in our profiles, nice addition :)
I think a veteran deserves a high-five for telling the admin to do that. :)

And in case you don't realize I'm referring to myself:

[22:23] devilesk: moose
[22:23] devilesk: you made the forums tab right?
[22:23] devilesk: the tab in the profile
[22:23] Moose: Yes
[22:23] devilesk: i think next to the actual post counts in each forum you should include percentages
[22:24] devilesk: of their total posts
[22:24] Moose: Nigra plz
[22:24] Moose: You know math
[22:24] Moose: posts / total

[22:27] Moose: Lol
[22:28] Moose: I did it
[22:28] Moose: We have rounding problems
[22:28] Moose: :)

None.

Jul 27 2009, 6:19 am ClansAreForGays Post #50

Might change my mind with all the icons everywhere ;o
Please don't let this turn into more than a passing fad.

Jul 27 2009, 6:49 am rockz Post #51

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I'm down with name colors, since they can be unique, but someone somewhere was opposed to the idea. These icons, however, are too frequent. Staff only icons would do fine, even though half the people with icons are staff.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jul 27 2009, 6:53 am DevliN Post #52

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from rockz
I'm down with name colors, since they can be unique, but someone somewhere was opposed to the idea. These icons, however, are too frequent. Staff only icons would do fine, even though half the people with icons are staff.
I agree, though I think better-looking icons would do either way.

My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 27 2009, 7:45 am InsolubleFluff Post #53

I always felt the rank script brought a sense of fun and achievement to this website. It made me as active as possible and was one of the factors that made me choose this site.

The rank icons right now will eventually be memorized and people will adjust to recognize them.

My suggestion is that you either:

A) Make them colour changable.
B) Make them more symbolic (Army Ranks)
C) Move the Icon to somewhere below avatars, this way you see the rank only on posts and not on quote/ online/ last posted.

None.

Jul 27 2009, 9:37 am Ahli Post #54

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

I vote for an option to disable the display of the ranks except if you click on the user's details...

Jul 27 2009, 9:48 am InsolubleFluff Post #55

They've grown on me.

None.

Jul 27 2009, 10:33 am Vrael Post #56

Quote from Ahli
I vote for an option to disable the display of the ranks except if you click on the user's details...
seconded

None.

Jul 27 2009, 11:12 am MadZombie Post #57

I vote to change the looks of the icons then raising the standards. TOO many people with icons,

1000+ posts and 300 activity points for regulars.

None.

Jul 27 2009, 11:17 am DevliN Post #58

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I agree on the raising standards idea. And I still think they need to be redesigned.

My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 27 2009, 11:24 am poison_us Post #59

Back* from the grave

Semi-transparent might be a good idea too, sure.

This.

Jul 27 2009, 12:14 pm Forsaken Archer Post #60

Quote from DevliN
I agree on the raising standards idea. And I still think they need to be redesigned.
I do agree somewhat. Did a quick update to http://www.staredit.net/?p=members for viewing purposes.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 58 >
  Back to forum