Update in progress
Jul 26 2009, 9:40 pm
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 2 3 48 >

Jul 26 2009, 10:14 pm Devourer Post #21

Hello

Quote from Echo
Quote from name:isolatedpurity
CecilSunkure: Allow users to pick the icon's color.
Discuss.
That would be too confusing.

I don't think so as long as the shape stays the same it wouldn't be a real problem I guess. But the colors must be good viewable or give a choice between some colors.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 26 2009, 10:14 pm Forsaken Archer Post #22

The problem with name colors ranks is they might clash horribly with clan tags ^^

None.

Jul 26 2009, 10:15 pm Excalibur Post #23

The sword and the faith

Global Moderator's icons look like offline admins. At first I thought I had admin back, then I thought I was logged off, then I thought it was a bug, THEN I found out it was the new GM icon.

The Regular/Veteran/Elite icons are not meaningful at all. They are indicative of nothing, they're just silly looking.

I suggest we either go back to the old name color system and take away the current name colors (Watch the select few who have it come in to complain.), or we get some icons that actually mean something.

Even little rank bars under or above our titles would be better.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jul 26 2009, 10:15 pm DevliN Post #24

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

In old SEN, we had Regulars with green names and Elites with orange/gold names. If we went back to that and left the icons for Admins and GMods, it would be a lot clearer.

EDIT: The more I look at it, the icons need to somehow actually represent their purpose if we stick with them.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 26 2009, 10:17 pm Echo Post #25

Quote from DevliN
I say go back to the colored name ranks. All the icons are just confusing, especially considering that none of those symbols seem to mean anything.

I agree with this.

None.

Jul 26 2009, 10:17 pm Forsaken Archer Post #26

Perhaps.

None.

Jul 26 2009, 10:19 pm Echo Post #27

That would be good too, if we are still able to have custom colors.

None.

Jul 26 2009, 10:19 pm Corbo Post #28

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from Echo
Quote from DevliN
I say go back to the colored name ranks. All the icons are just confusing, especially considering that none of those symbols seem to mean anything.

I agree with this.
Yes yes yes.

It wouldn't crash with clan tags if you get rid of all the other colored names.

fuck you all

Jul 26 2009, 10:20 pm DevliN Post #29

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Corbo
Quote from Echo
Quote from DevliN

I agree with this.
Yes yes yes.

It wouldn't crash with clan tags if you get rid of all the other colored names.
And clans should be able to change their tag colors anyway, so that wouldn't matter.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 26 2009, 10:23 pm Demented Shaman Post #30

Do whatever you want with icons, as long as I get to keep my sexy one :)

None.

Jul 26 2009, 10:27 pm Corbo Post #31

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

It all really depends on how you do it.

In my opinion, things like color names, clan tags and even icons have to match the skin. For example, you could have clans to change their color tags but make them choose from a pallete of colors, theory of color tells me that on "epic purple" skin that barely has any purple at all the pallete should be on greens, yellows and maybe just some light oranges. whereas in the carbonite skin it should have blues, a bit of purples to create a bit of contrast.

With that you should get rid of that variety of colors that make it feel like a non serious site plus you won't be forgetting the idea of customizing and being special.

With the clan issue solves then you could set colors for different usergroups that you wish to stand out in the board. They should be more contrasting colors but not getting out of the skin and you can keep the icons to administration only.

fuck you all

Jul 26 2009, 11:20 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #32

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Having an icon just means so much less now. Perhaps I will find your other promised updates more promising.

Quote from DevliN

Yeah.. all the icons are just weird now. I liked the good old looks of v4.

None.

Jul 27 2009, 12:10 am FatalException Post #33

I'd prefer the name colors back. I had finally become a greenie when old SeN died. :(

None.

Jul 27 2009, 12:17 am Moose Post #34

We live in a society.

Might be time to fire up the old Polling Booth again to show IP that the v4 group style should be brought back. ;o

Jul 27 2009, 12:26 am Forsaken Archer Post #35

Even if it was a 90% majority, I don't think I would follow it on this one.

None.

Jul 27 2009, 12:29 am MadZombie Post #36

What about colored underlines, bolds, and italics?

None.

Jul 27 2009, 12:38 am Vi3t-X Post #37

Quote from name:Pariah
Do whatever you want with icons, as long as I get to keep my sexy one :)
I want that icon. :(

None.

Jul 27 2009, 1:48 am Forsaken Archer Post #38

Might change my mind with all the icons everywhere ;o

None.

Jul 27 2009, 2:38 am Dapperdan Post #39

Quote from name:isolatedpurity
Might change my mind with all the icons everywhere ;o

This probably should have been predictable.

As much as I like my new shiny icon that denotes me as a 'veteran' (whippee!) and how much it makes me feel good about myself, I must say that it may be for the better to forget this ever happened.

I know you don't usually take to listening to a majority opinion if you still feel you're making the right decision, so, whatever reason you choose it to be, if you'd like to change to some type of name-color-system-a-thig, I endorse it.

Even not having it at all would be fine with me as well, despite the self-esteem hit I would take.

None.

Jul 27 2009, 3:03 am CecilSunkure Post #40

Ok so I was thinking..

I really like the idea of being able to choose colors for your rank. Other people don't like the cluttered look of the icons.

How about when you become a certain status, you have the choice to wear the icon or not. Instead of an admin clicking a button and putting the icon on, the admin clicks a button and enables you to wear your icon. Also, people who have a high rank should be able to choose the icon of lower ranks.

Also... If we were to revert to colored names for rank you could similarly choose between the color for your rank that you are currently in, and any color lower than that, including the member color (white default).

That way, the colors will only clash with the clan tags as long as the person with the clashing colors wills it so.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 48 >
  Back to forum