Staredit Network > Forums > > Topic: ISSUE #1
ISSUE #1
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 23 2009, 9:55 pm
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >

Aug 23 2009, 8:34 am DevliN Post #61

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I'll try to write something up from my SC2 BlizzCon note stuff, since that may be pertinent info for something like this.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 24 2009, 12:32 am ClansAreForGays Post #62

Shit dude that's a good idea!

Aug 24 2009, 12:38 am Kaias Post #63

If the news and information is going to be at all considered recent we'll have to publish soon.

None.

Aug 24 2009, 1:02 am ClansAreForGays Post #64

Alright so what we still need now is:

1. an article about something recent or just unexplored dealing with SC2 Replaced with kais' location grid article

2. RE: Raccoon City Classic map article to be finished by Excalibur.

3. A Map of The Week article on a map thats getting the most attention on the public list (phantom/starquest)

4. A Gem article on a map that is good but not played. Underrated

5. (optional) An Up & Coming article on Starquest - it's changes, appeal, and what to expect in the future for it.

6. A Starforge: Ultimate announcement article <<<<<<<<<< Lovless is on this

7. An opening introductory modding article that just talks about what modding is and what is/ins't possible with it (possibly in relation to custom mapping) <<<<< TZ is on this

So the only things that need to get started are 3, 4, and 7

#3 could be on any popular map! It's a gimme!
#4 - we all know at least 5 maps we love but can never get a game going because it's not popular!
#7 If the modding community can produce an itroductory article from at least 1 of its members then I don't see why we would need to have room set aside for it.

...so that really only leaves us with 2 required holes to fill!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 24 2009, 1:30 am by ClansAreForGays.

Aug 24 2009, 1:06 am Biophysicist Post #65

7. An opening introductory modding article that just talks about what modding is and what is/ins't possible with it (possibly in relation to custom mapping)
On it. Give me a day or two, I have a rapidly-approaching deadline to meet for something else so I'm busy.

None.

Aug 24 2009, 1:34 am ClansAreForGays Post #66

Thanks TZ, I still have your first article, but I didn't think it would be good as the first modding one.

Aug 26 2009, 1:42 pm Biophysicist Post #67

Alright, I wrote something for you. I don't think it's very good but it's a start, at least.

None.

Aug 27 2009, 7:38 pm ClansAreForGays Post #68

Your article was short and sweet just the way I wanted it; a simple introduction.

Sep 5 2009, 1:59 pm Kaias Post #69

We're really close; let's get this thing done

None.

Sep 8 2009, 8:14 am JaFF Post #70

Yeah, it would be a shame if you guys gave up on the final articles.

None.

Sep 8 2009, 11:52 am Moose Post #71

We live in a society.

It would also be a shame to put out SEN Observer Issue #1 with such seemingly low odds of Issue #2 ever materializing. Especially with summer just about ended for most of SEN's audience. I don't want us to make a joke at our own expense in the eyes of ourselves and the community this was supposed to be distributed to. Biweekly's become bimonthly and even then... it might be time to close the project forum.

Sep 8 2009, 4:24 pm Kaias Post #72

Quote from JaFF
Yeah, it would be a shame if you guys gave up on the final articles.
Yes, this is really quite frustrating. I'd write whatever was needed to finish this but I've already written an article.

None.

Sep 8 2009, 7:29 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #73

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
It would also be a shame to put out SEN Observer Issue #1 with such seemingly low odds of Issue #2 ever materializing. Especially with summer just about ended for most of SEN's audience. I don't want us to make a joke at our own expense in the eyes of ourselves and the community this was supposed to be distributed to. Biweekly's become bimonthly and even then... it might be time to close the project forum.

I also have no feeling that we are anywhere close to finishing a first issue. From the copy editing desk, we have one full article and one mini-article.

I just think this venture fell flat due to lack of people willing to work.

None.

Sep 8 2009, 8:26 pm ClansAreForGays Post #74

I say close it down until some says they want to take over as editor-in-chief and knows they can give it the required amount of time+effort.

Sep 8 2009, 10:09 pm DevliN Post #75

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I don't think it just needs an editor-in-chief, it also needs a staff of writers willing to do the work. I just wish SEN could become more credible as a reliable news source (map making and SC/SC2 related, that is) rather than just a community of very few map makers.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 10 2009, 2:23 am Excalibur Post #76

The sword and the faith

I know I haven't finished my article yet, but I am working on it, and can definitely see myself working on more in the future. I think what its going to come down to is having 3-4 of us specialize in a certain area and consistently doing articles for said area if we want to keep this going. I doubt anyone is going to come in, write an article, and be done with the zine.

Now this isn't the worst thing in the world but that's more clique than SEN, which I know some people would have a problem with. Its not that we're restricting anything but rather that general public of SEN is not and generally will never be interested in writing an article, but I think the same thing can be said for general Bnet users and mapping.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Sep 17 2009, 9:21 pm LoveLess Post #77

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Sorry for my lack of contributions... It's just... I now lack a PC :/ .

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 12 2009, 9:29 pm by ClansAreForGays. Reason: test

None.

Sep 18 2009, 11:04 pm The Starport Post #78

I wonder if anyone else enjoys the irony of the topic description as much as I do.

None.

Oct 7 2009, 12:38 am BlueWolf Post #79

With the lack of work, I doubt this will even be a monthly zine.
I know you guys don't know much about me, or my writing skills at that, but I'm up for any positions available.

None.

Oct 31 2009, 1:41 pm lil-Inferno Post #80

Just here for the pie

This project failed, didn't it?

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum