Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: The fourth dimension
The fourth dimension
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Oct 8 2007, 8:44 pm
By: payne
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 812 >

Oct 27 2007, 2:17 am Jello-Jigglers Post #101

One cannot perceive something that doesn't exist.

umm... Who says?

And not to shoot down everything you say like dapperdan, but you're basing your whole argument around perception; to perceive. The definition says:

Quote from dictionary.com
to become aware of, know, or identify by means of the senses
(reference: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=perceive)

And we are aware of time. So does that mean that we perceive it? So that would make this statement:
So therefore, Time is a fabrication (invention if you must call it that) of man to explain something that they cannot perceive.
false.

None.

Oct 27 2007, 3:20 am BeDazed Post #102

Time itself is not an invention by man. It is a natural phenomena pre-requisite for animate objects or things that are animate. Time can be bent around with powerful natural phenomenon like the event horizon near a singularity of sufficient mass.
But the measure of time, for the use of time, to have more efficient knowledge of something, man creates lines and letters to support their understandings, to explain.

Man did not create things for a reason. You must not reason that everything man made is flawed.

None.

Oct 27 2007, 3:41 am Akar Post #103

Including the attempt to classify everything for our understanding, rather than everything being one thing. One united idea, theory, and actuality. We attempt to classify things to try to understand, to grasp, to achieve. Yet, we fail, because our fragile minds cannot perceive the infinite cosmos, nor the complex inter workings of our conscience.

None.

Oct 27 2007, 5:59 am Syphon Post #104

Quote from Kellimus
Quote from payne
The INTERPRETATION of Time is an invention of Mans, not the Time itself...

Interpretation of Time == Time

One cannot perceive something that doesn't exist.

So therefore, Time is a fabrication (invention if you must call it that) of man to explain something that they cannot perceive.

Everything is an invention of man, if you look at it that way. Stop trying to be deep and mystical to explain things that YOU don't understand, you just keep making yourself look like a huge fucking tool.

None.

Oct 27 2007, 2:05 pm BeDazed Post #105

Including the attempt to classify everything for our understanding, rather than everything being one thing. One united idea, theory, and actuality. We attempt to classify things to try to understand, to grasp, to achieve. Yet, we fail, because our fragile minds cannot perceive the infinite cosmos, nor the complex inter workings of our conscience.
You fail at understanding what we're talking about. Maybe the only fragile mind you're talking about is yours and only yours. Don't get me or any other humans into that. We classify such things as "Hate speech". And you're commiting it upon your own race.
We classify things to make things easier to understand, not to understand the entire thing at once.
As individuals, we might not be able to grasp the entirety of cosmos. But as a whole, it is possible. Perceiving as an impossibility is an imminent failure and loss of hope, loss of the ability to progress. I am not sure what kind of idiotic things you were taught or you have become aware of, but I know I have been born to a race that has a future.

None.

Oct 27 2007, 4:06 pm Akar Post #106

Nay, we strive for perfection and shall never reach it. But still, strive hard. Perfection is a journey, but cannot be attained. Us humans walk the path of perfection.

None.

Oct 27 2007, 5:04 pm BeDazed Post #107

Nay, we strive for perfection and shall never reach it. But still, strive hard. Perfection is a journey, but cannot be attained. Us humans walk the path of perfection.
And do you strive for perfection of your ability to talk out of topic and generally disordinate or something you do not understand at all? Perfection does not exist if it cannot be reached. Perfection will not cease to exist as long as there is a future and progress. Sorry, but I fail to see what you mean.

Have you read my post? Your posts seem to be disorganized, and does not correspond with the previous posts. Is it coincidence?

None.

Oct 27 2007, 9:43 pm Akar Post #108

coincidence it is :lol:

Perfection can't be reached, but that doesn't mean you don't strive for it. Perfection DOES exist, just not in anything humans touch. I'm saying our whole race is flawed and imperfect, but those flaws also give us strength, the strength to improve and develop.
It is quite noble to try and achieve something that cannot be reached. Breaking roadblocks is what we humans specialize in doing.

None.

Oct 27 2007, 11:36 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #109

Quote from Akar
coincidence it is :lol:

Perfection can't be reached, but that doesn't mean you don't strive for it. Perfection DOES exist, just not in anything humans touch. I'm saying our whole race is flawed and imperfect, but those flaws also give us strength, the strength to improve and develop.
It is quite noble to try and achieve something that cannot be reached. Breaking roadblocks is what we humans specialize in doing.

Is that in literal terms? cause they do have wrecking teams for that.

I don't really see why the human race is so flawed... If we were, wouldn't we have gone extinct? On what basis can a species be labeled flawed? and are their any other(so called) flawed species?

None.

Oct 28 2007, 4:13 am Akar Post #110

:}
We're savage and we kill each other. We're lucky we're not extinct from some all out nuclear war by now.

None.

Oct 28 2007, 4:57 am Jello-Jigglers Post #111

Quote from Akar
:}
We're savage and we kill each other. We're lucky we're not extinct from some all out nuclear war by now.
Plenty of other animals have feuds between their own kind... That doesn't really classify them as flawed, imperfect and savage yes, but not flawed...

None.

Oct 28 2007, 5:12 am Akar Post #112

Animals don't pose a risk to their entire species.

None.

Oct 28 2007, 8:56 am AntiSleep Post #113

all territorial behavior implies, is that the ancestors were the predators in a predator/prey ecology model. Meaning, the population was not regulated by a superior predator.

None.

Oct 28 2007, 4:20 pm Syphon Post #114

Quote from Akar
Animals don't pose a risk to their entire species.

Neandertals and Homo Florences wiped themselves out.

None.

Oct 28 2007, 6:18 pm AntiSleep Post #115

Really? Are you sure a different species didn't have something to do with it?

None.

Oct 28 2007, 6:38 pm Akar Post #116

They're humans. Just because we classified them differently doesn't mean they aren't.

Here is a good physics statement I came across:
Supposing Einstein's theories of relativity are true, than I have a question.
In the big bang theory everything exploded from one tiny spot. And then rocketed at an insane speed out into the universe. However, the bible says everything was created in 6 days (of course they were Earth days). And it took millions of years for all the stuff in our universe to develop says science. But, science was flawed in that approach. Since everything moved at different speeds approaching the speed of light times of different places in the universe are ALL different. Although everything around us might be millions of years old would that also mean our own earth is also millions of years old? I find the essence of the big bang theory to be flawed, and all of our theories of time to be flawed.

None.

Oct 28 2007, 6:54 pm AntiSleep Post #117

Our theories of science are blatantly incomplete, but the person that posted that statement has no idea what he or she is talking about.

None.

Oct 28 2007, 6:59 pm Akar Post #118

Nah, they know what they are talking about, I just conveyed the message very very poorly.

None.

Oct 29 2007, 8:41 am BeDazed Post #119

Here is a good physics statement I came across:
Supposing Einstein's theories of relativity are true, than I have a question.
In the big bang theory everything exploded from one tiny spot. And then rocketed at an insane speed out into the universe. However, the bible says everything was created in 6 days (of course they were Earth days). And it took millions of years for all the stuff in our universe to develop says science. But, science was flawed in that approach. Since everything moved at different speeds approaching the speed of light times of different places in the universe are ALL different. Although everything around us might be millions of years old would that also mean our own earth is also millions of years old? I find the essence of the big bang theory to be flawed, and all of our theories of time to be flawed.
Your brain is flawed.

Reason 1: Theological "6 days" might imply something else, as most are not literal.
Reason 2: We create things in order to meet OUR needs, not the entire picture. Understand the purpose, stop thinking out of small crop. Because you obviously can't aim at the right portrait without it.
Reason 3: Stop getting off topic.
Reason 4: You cannot prove our science is flawed with just that. All I can imply from you is that because you are flawed, you view everything else not flawed around you as flawed.
Reason 5: Theories aren't laws. They are still theories after all. And if you can't comprehend the word 'theory' as not flawed, then you need more thorough understanding of the word 'theory' before you talk about how we're flawed.
Reason 6: You may think you're smart after you said all those things, but none of those make any sense. They aren't organized, nor they have any kind of support, experience, or source embedded in. It's not an argument, you just keep saying your own opinions in a unconstructive, undebatable, and denying everyone else's sayings with a 'nah'. DON'T.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 29 2007, 8:46 am by BeDazed.

None.

Oct 29 2007, 8:47 am SteamBoy Post #120

Big Bang Theory, Is just a Theory. Hence the name

" Big Bang Theory "

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 812 >
  Back to forum