Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: The fourth dimension
The fourth dimension
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Oct 8 2007, 8:44 pm
By: payne
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 912 >

Oct 29 2007, 5:07 pm AntiSleep Post #121

Steamboy has no freaking clue what the word 'theory' means in a scientific context.
http://www.staredit.net/?topic=686

None.

Oct 29 2007, 11:10 pm Kellimus Post #122

Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from payne
The INTERPRETATION of Time is an invention of Mans, not the Time itself...

Interpretation of Time == Time

One cannot perceive something that doesn't exist.

So therefore, Time is a fabrication (invention if you must call it that) of man to explain something that they cannot perceive.

Everything is an invention of man, if you look at it that way. Stop trying to be deep and mystical to explain things that YOU don't understand, you just keep making yourself look like a huge fucking tool.

How about you quit with the Psudo-intellect? It makes you look like a 'huge fucking tool'.

None.

Oct 29 2007, 11:32 pm Akar Post #123

Your brain is flawed.
:/ No need for personal attacks.

Reason 1: Theological "6 days" might imply something else, as most are not literal.
True, I give this to you, but it also might not.

Reason 2: We create things in order to meet OUR needs, not the entire picture. Understand the purpose, stop thinking out of small crop. Because you obviously can't aim at the right portrait without it.
Some make things to meet our needs or wants, they are called inventors, and manufacturers. Science is the whole picture, and people called scientist contribute to our understanding of it.

Reason 3: Stop getting off topic.
Is that really a reason...

Reason 4: You cannot prove our science is flawed with just that. All I can imply from you is that because you are flawed, you view everything else not flawed around you as flawed.
Of course our science is flawed, nothing is perfect. And I am flawed, so is everyone else.

Reason 5: Theories aren't laws. They are still theories after all. And if you can't comprehend the word 'theory' as not flawed, then you need more thorough understanding of the word 'theory' before you talk about how we're flawed.
The word theory means a statement that is believed to be true. In SCIENCE it is something that is proved over and over and thought to be true.

None.

Oct 30 2007, 12:45 am BeDazed Post #124

Of course our science is flawed, nothing is perfect. And I am flawed, so is everyone else.
First, I will start off with your blasphemistic statements of your theory of 'flaw'. Although you cannot prove it since it is way too abstract and has no support whatsoever.

Is that really a reason...
Enough reason to close down a topic? Yes. Enough reason to win a debate? Yes. Enough reason to give a student F- on a essay? Yes.

Some make things to meet our needs or wants, they are called inventors, and manufacturers. Science is the whole picture, and people called scientist contribute to our understanding of it.
Sigh. How old are you? Don't you know we classify scientists too? Science is not the entire picture. How can science, a literature that never existed until the end of christian rule. We don't know what the whole picture is. I could explain about how we have lived over the years and say History is the whole picture. We have to designate what the 'WHOLE PICTURE' is.
And you don't need to explain what these people are because I know far better than you on what they do. General picture is not needed.

The word theory means a statement that is believed to be true. In SCIENCE it is something that is proved over and over and thought to be true.
It's a theory for god damn sakes. They teach it in class because its a worthwhile material. Theory is not a law. It is still bound to change, as even laws have. General belief is not meant to be the truth anyways. Its like the people who believed that Earth was the center of the universe and everything else revolved around Earth.

True, I give this to you, but it also might not.
Don't reply if you give it to me. It hurts my eyes to see your useless supportless comments.

:/ No need for personal attacks.
I was proving how your brain really is flawed constructively with reason.

None.

Oct 30 2007, 2:46 am Akar Post #125

First, I will start off with your blasphemistic statements of your theory of 'flaw'. Although you cannot prove it since it is way too abstract and has no support whatsoever.
A person can't prove anything.

Sigh. How old are you? Don't you know we classify scientists too? Science is not the entire picture. How can science, a literature that never existed until the end of christian rule. We don't know what the whole picture is. I could explain about how we have lived over the years and say History is the whole picture. We have to designate what the 'WHOLE PICTURE' is.
And you don't need to explain what these people are because I know far better than you on what they do. General picture is not needed.
Well I tried to convince people numbers were everything, but I got the response, "How old are you, you're stupid, science is everything."

It's a theory for god damn sakes. They teach it in class because its a worthwhile material. Theory is not a law. It is still bound to change, as even laws have. General belief is not meant to be the truth anyways. Its like the people who believed that Earth was the center of the universe and everything else revolved around Earth.
No such things as laws, everything called a "law" is a theory. For example, gravity is a theory.

None.

Oct 30 2007, 2:57 am Syphon Post #126

Quote from Kellimus
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from payne

So therefore, Time is a fabrication (invention if you must call it that) of man to explain something that they cannot perceive.

Everything is an invention of man, if you look at it that way. Stop trying to be deep and mystical to explain things that YOU don't understand, you just keep making yourself look like a huge fucking tool.

How about you quit with the Psudo-intellect? It makes you look like a 'huge fucking tool'.

Pseudo? I don't know if you noticed, but I'm the only person here who has any fucking clue what they're talking about.

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean you have to ridicule others who do.

None.

Oct 30 2007, 2:59 am Syphon Post #127

Quote from BeDazed

Theory == Law.

None.

Oct 30 2007, 10:32 pm Kellimus Post #128

Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from payne

Pseudo? I don't know if you noticed, but I'm the only person here who has any fucking clue what they're talking about.

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean you have to ridicule others who do.

I understand this subject perfectly, to how I wish to understand it. Just because I'm not in depth as you are, doesn't mean I'm wrong. You were the one that started with the ridicule to begin with, so please take your own advice? Thanks :)

None.

Oct 30 2007, 10:37 pm Syphon Post #129

Quote from Kellimus
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from payne

I understand this subject perfectly, to how I wish to understand it. Just because I'm not in depth as you are, doesn't mean I'm wrong. You were the one that started with the ridicule to begin with, so please take your own advice? Thanks :)

You don't understand it, you're just making up moronic shit that has nothing to do with the subject to make yourself look intelligent. If anyones being pseudo logical, it's you. And yes, not having the correct understanding does mean you're wrong.

None.

Oct 30 2007, 10:39 pm Kellimus Post #130

Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from payne

You don't understand it, you're just making up moronic shit that has nothing to do with the subject to make yourself look intelligent. If anyones being pseudo logical, it's you. And yes, not having the correct understanding does mean you're wrong.

Actually, I got the "moronic shit" off of a friend about three years ago.

I simply gave that as a suggestion, or opinion (which as far as I know, I'm entitled to here on dramatized-SeN) to see what kind of responses I'd get, and It's clear that all you can do is flame people Syphon :)

None.

Oct 30 2007, 10:46 pm Syphon Post #131

Quote from Kellimus
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from payne

I simply gave that as a suggestion, or opinion (which as far as I know, I'm entitled to here on dramatized-SeN) to see what kind of responses I'd get, and It's clear that all you can do is flame people Syphon :)

I can debate with people who have valid, varying scientific opinions or insights. You do not.

None.

Oct 30 2007, 11:06 pm Kellimus Post #132

Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from payne

I can debate with people who have valid, varying scientific opinions or insights. You do not.

Since when can you read minds Syphon?! I want that power!

Just because I choose not to discuss things the way you want me to, doesn't mean I don't know anything about it.

Good logical fallacy though :D

None.

Oct 31 2007, 1:09 am BeDazed Post #133

A person isn't trying to prove the fact itself, or rather to convince other people. In that case, you can prove everything with reasonable fact, logic, and support.

Well I tried to convince people numbers were everything, but I got the response, "How old are you, you're stupid, science is everything."
Because numbers isn't everything. It's just common sense. If you ask any philosopher how numbers are everything, ( or if they do agree with you, they must be a minority part of philosophers who are technocrats ) there has to be more to life than numbers.

And Akar, nobody wants to trust your outworldly statements because you act like a prophet of somekind. You're not. We first got your point that numbers are everything, or science is the whole picture. But you just couldn't make me understand how or what you're talking about, or convince me for that matter.

None.

Nov 1 2007, 12:06 am Akar Post #134

Because numbers isn't everything. It's just common sense. If you ask any philosopher how numbers are everything, ( or if they do agree with you, they must be a minority part of philosophers who are technocrats ) there has to be more to life than numbers.
Try asking a physicist.

there has to be more to life than numbers.
Well since my life revolves around a computer. No, not really.
J/k. Most of the universe can be seen using strictly numbers, and everything that one does relates to mathematics in some way.

None.

Nov 1 2007, 4:55 am Syphon Post #135

Quote from Kellimus
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from payne

Since when can you read minds Syphon?! I want that power!

Just because I choose not to discuss things the way you want me to, doesn't mean I don't know anything about it.

Good logical fallacy though :D

Making an assumption based on presented facts isn't a logical fallacy, it's the scientific process.

None.

Nov 1 2007, 6:16 am payne Post #136

:payne:

Okay, first of all, stop quoting that damn long quote...
Secondly, stop bitching at each other or I'll ask for the close of that topic.

None.

Nov 1 2007, 6:53 pm BeDazed Post #137

Quote from Akar
Try asking a physicist.

there has to be more to life than numbers.
Well since my life revolves around a computer. No, not really.
J/k. Most of the universe can be seen using strictly numbers, and everything that one does relates to mathematics in some way.
And physicist is the only job there has to be in the world? Or is physics the only subject thats considered science.
Can you relate how you've randomly met a girl that was just passing by while you made a turn and bumped into her mathematically? I am sure everyone can put that in some wierd kind of chart, graph, or equation. OH YES. I MET A GIRL BY x^2 + y^2 = x/y^2 ITS COMPLETELY LOGICAL.
I can also relate how NUMBERS are related to EVERY POSSIBLE THING IN THE UNIVERSE. Starting from how I think out of the BLUE by z^-2h^-2 is sinpie/4 to whatever.
You make it look like your opinion is a fact when it is only your opinion on how things should be. It upsets me to see such a failure, a fallacy that doesn't even have constructive supports that isn't gonna convince me at all. ( Of course, your idea is just absurd. If it had any reason into it, It could've. )

None.

Nov 1 2007, 9:27 pm Akar Post #138

Well, everything does relate to mathematics in some way. I don't like saying something is a fact, because nothing can ever be 100% proven. And facts are considered 100% true by most people.

None.

Nov 1 2007, 10:15 pm Kellimus Post #139

Quote from Syphon
Making an assumption based on presented facts isn't a logical fallacy, it's the scientific process.

When it comes to Science, yes.

Debate and Science are two different aspects.

None.

Nov 2 2007, 3:55 pm BeDazed Post #140

Well, everything does relate to mathematics in some way. I don't like saying something is a fact, because nothing can ever be 100% proven. And facts are considered 100% true by most people.
So you're saying my handphone is on my desk, is 7 cm from the left, 9 cm from the bottom from the bottom-left corner at 10:58 PM isn't a 100% proven fact? Stop using absolutees, because thats what makes you a horrid debater, and a biggest failure with 'absolutes' is that simply using them is a fallacy in most cases.

Plus you're not even relying on common sense, not relying on supports by simply saying 'not everything can be proven 100%'. Well guess what. What you're doing is proving -100% because it leads me to believe that you're just bs'ing and not doing anything but out of your own un-supported mind.

And you're also saying that if it is believed to be true by most people, it is true? Not true. Facts can change if it isn't relatively simple enough to prove. They thought earth being flat and sun revolved around earth was a FACT back in the middle ages.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 912 >
  Back to forum