Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: The fourth dimension
The fourth dimension
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Oct 8 2007, 8:44 pm
By: payne
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12

Nov 12 2008, 8:42 am Kellimus Post #221

Quote from payne
I wouldn't say that...
4th is linked to 3rd, 2nd and 1st dimension just like 3rd, 2nd and 1st dimension are linked as well to the 4th dimension.
Have anyone seen the video in the link that has been posted in this topic? I find it very explicit and clear!

So then therefore my theory that the 4th dimension is possibly the "Spirit Realm" could perhaps be true? Is this what you are saying?

Because in my honest opinion, 'Time' isn't linked to any dimension the humans can concieve of at this time because 'time' is ongoing, ever existant. A constant.

And I truely believe that time is a word, fabricated by humans to explain the natural evolutionary process of the Universe and all of its occupants.

Isn't it possible that 'Time' is the 5th dimension, or even one further down the 'dimensional line'?

None.

Nov 12 2008, 1:15 pm EzDay281 Post #222

Isn't it possible that 'Time' is the 5th dimension, or even one further down the 'dimensional line'?
Given that a "dimension" is simply a measure of distance along some measure, the standard of "width is first dimension, height is second dimension, depth is third dimension" is quite arbitrary in the first place, and one could assign any number ( well, integer number no-greater-than the total number of dimensions, anyways ) to any of them.
Thus, with a "fourth-dimension = spirit realm" model, then the "spirit realm" would be a spectrum of states the components of the universe could be in other than how high they are, how far to the left/right they are, and how far forward/backward they are. If that's what you were trying to say, then... *shrug*, but it seems to me that a lot of people don't understand what "dimension" means.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 12:12 am Zxblqcktptyjsplkn Post #223

@ Syphon (on Maplantis)

How can you tell if time only goes one way? It could very well be flowing backward and forward all the time. We have no idea what this would do, but it could be. We do know time is different for everything because of its speed. You can't tell because you travel with the time. Another thing is, we have never actually defined the fourth dimension. It hasn't been defined; there is no consensus.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 15 2009, 7:40 am by Dapperdan. Reason: don't grave dig please.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 12:47 am ProtoTank Post #224

We could imagine time to be a fourth spacial dimension. For every unit of time (second) there is a unique and corresponding fixed set of three dimensional objects in the universe. To help defog the last sentence, at three o' clock i was at applebee's. At seven fourty four i am at my computer desk. Simply walking through the scale of time, and allowing yourself to pass through the units of time (seconds) we see all of the three dimensional frames play out.

I'm only here because they patched SC1 and made it free.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12
  Back to forum