Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
3 30

82%
None.
4 7

19%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 37 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Apr 11 2009, 7:47 pm Madroc Post #21

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
Call me a retard..

4 dots. In the triangle.
But that's the only thing that popped into my mind. You're explaining this later, right?

Quote from FlyingHat
That is illogical, because Corbo didn't specify a specific triangle, such as the one you posted.

Edit: specify a specific.... hurr
Exactly. I.e.:

3 dots

None.

Apr 11 2009, 7:52 pm EzDay281 Post #22

Quote from "Topic title"
Social analysis
He's totally just studying the way we go "Wtf that doesn't make sense". ;o

None.

Apr 11 2009, 7:53 pm Symmetry Post #23

Dungeon Master

Let's socially analyze the way he analyzes us!

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Apr 11 2009, 7:59 pm Centreri Post #24

Relatively ancient and inactive

But, that would be too obvious. He's trying to socially analyze the way we analyze him analyzing us.

I'm onto you.

None.

Apr 11 2009, 8:06 pm NudeRaider Post #25

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Just in case this is relevant for your analysis, Corbo, I wouldn't post in a topic that's about the question "How many dots in a triangle?" because it doesn't make sense.

Apr 11 2009, 8:13 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #26

Quote from Centreri
Well, a triangle is defined by three points, and I believe only one of them has to be a vertex (I could easily be wrong). He might be talking about it like that.

All three points must be vertexes or you haven't defined a unique triangle.

None.

Apr 11 2009, 8:18 pm Centreri Post #27

So you can't define a triangle by a vertex, and two of the centers (orthocenter, incenter, centroid, etc)?

None.

Apr 11 2009, 8:41 pm EzDay281 Post #28

So you can't define a triangle by a vertex, and two of the centers (orthocenter, incenter, centroid, etc)?
Centers of what?
Maybe I'm mistaking what you're saying entirely, but my response would be that, by definition, the three tips of a triangle simply are vertices. They represent the intersection of two lines which are the sides of the triangle.

None.

Apr 11 2009, 8:48 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #29

Quote from Centreri

Oh, I was thinking of three points on the edge :P

Yes, you probably can. Off the top of my head, centroid and two vertexes is definitely enough. Define some other points and yeah, it should work.

None.

Apr 11 2009, 8:53 pm Brontobyte Post #30

Maybe Corbo is a criminal!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_tattoo

None.

Apr 11 2009, 8:59 pm MadZombie Post #31

So one person thought of it as dots in the literal words "in a triangle?"

Everyone else was like "No man , he didn't specify the vertices" and some are debating that.

If we all stick to one idea (even better if we don't agree with that idea) we can mess up(or "taint") corbo's analysis right? I'm not some guinea pig who's emotions can be toyed with. :hurr:

Man that troll pic where this guy mentions a word and everyone freaks out into a discussion would work so well here. Anyone got that pic btw?

None.

Apr 11 2009, 9:30 pm Phobos Post #32

Are you sure about that?

...Corbo literally means what he said... He just wants to know how many points are there in a triangle.

this is signature

Apr 11 2009, 9:44 pm Madroc Post #33

Quote from Corbo
you're trying to see how many people will be a dick and choose the wrong answer on purpose?
No, I'm trying to see how many people know how many dots are there in a triangle. It's a debate I'm having with some friends right now and we're trying to find out how many people think there's 3 or 4.

Would corbo lie to us?! Gasp!!

None.

Apr 11 2009, 10:18 pm Centreri Post #34

You scared me, DTBK :P.

He said dots, not points, Phobos.

None.

Apr 11 2009, 10:24 pm MasterJohnny Post #35

He could mean who is thinking what KIND of triangle? some people could say a tetrahedron (3d triangle) has 4 dots and a regular triangle with 3 dots.

But since i am thinking of both examples and cannot vote both I choose not to vote.

I am a Mathematician

Apr 11 2009, 10:28 pm EzDay281 Post #36

He could mean who is thinking what KIND of triangle? some people could say a tetrahedron (3d triangle) has 4 dots and a regular triangle with 3 dots.
"3d triangle"?
That's a dodecangle. 4(points)*3(lineseach) = 12. D:

None.

Apr 11 2009, 10:47 pm Corbo Post #37

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from MasterJohnny

3D triangle? Never heard of such thing.
A triangle is a plane.

fuck you all

Apr 11 2009, 10:57 pm MasterJohnny Post #38

Hes totally doing 1984 ministry of love on us.

I vote 0 or infinity or 3 or 4.

I am a Mathematician

Apr 11 2009, 11:04 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #39

Quote from Centreri
You scared me, DTBK :P.

He said dots, not points, Phobos.

Well, when you say points define something, usually it means the figure goes through them (i.e. two points define a line, 3 a plane, etc.)

None.

Apr 12 2009, 5:44 am TriggR_HappE Post #40

Stupid question is stupid.

It's obviously a study to see what people come up with when given nonsense as a question.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum