Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Crescent Dyne
Crescent Dyne
Apr 1 2009, 5:42 pm
By: Kaias  

Apr 2 2009, 10:23 pm xYoshix Post #21

Quote from Kaias
Now that it is no longer April first I feel obligated to confirm that this was indeed a hoax. I woke up yesterday with some time before classes started and thought I'd have a little fun; Lethal had absolutely no part in this since it was spur of the moment. Sorry, to all those who may've gotten there hopes up, but now you needn't be demoralized in making your own.

Quote from Stickynote
One thing I think you should know, though, is that you have a lot of variables that the player has to consider. Watch out, it might get too confusing and difficult to play; the mind can only focus on so many different things at the same time.
I very much feel this way about Crescent Dyne. Stamina and Weight aren't things that I deem intuitive for gameplay. Interesting, yes, but ultimately extraneous.

While Lethal_Illusion and I aren't unveiling our current project probably for quite some time, I have to say that I like the current prospect of it much much more than what Crescent Dyne promised to be. Really, they aren't very similar at all. Fortunately, I can promise that it's going to be a masterpiece that won't be easily topped, or even contested.

Quote from ClansAreForGays
You forget best custom sound, that was a very big deal.
I never actually read through the CD thread; I actually had to do some researching to find out most of it's features.

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Ultimate Storyline? It is so average and typical fantasy that it makes my eyes bleed. Of course the story was Wooden's and was his baby, so any critique on it or re-work would be an insult to his story-telling, fortunately he is now out of the picture.
Yeah, that was a bit much.

I knew this wasn't real ^^. But i was really looking foreward to it if it WAS real :-(

None.

Apr 2 2009, 10:53 pm ClansAreForGays Post #22

Ya got me, and I haven't been got in a long time.

Apr 2 2009, 11:34 pm Positively Post #23

Ahh. I hate you :[
I seriously believed you :]

None.

Apr 3 2009, 12:00 am Vrael Post #24

As I said already, this was definitely the best April Fools on SEN this year :)
Really well done, screenshot and all, you and lethal having an undeclared project name, coloring the font and having a list of features, but the best part about the whole joke it that you catered it specifically to all the SEN fools who thought crescent dyne would be the map to end all maps...

And for this, I salute you sir, and as for all you SEN people: LOL
(please disregard the fact that I am also a "SEN people" ;) )

None.

Apr 3 2009, 12:15 am Moose Post #25

We live in a society.

Quote from Kaias
Now that it is no longer April first I feel obligated to confirm that this was indeed a hoax.
SO WAS THE ORIGINAL. LUL.

Apr 3 2009, 1:27 am Demented Shaman Post #26

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from Kaias
Now that it is no longer April first I feel obligated to confirm that this was indeed a hoax.
gfg

I commend you though, Kais and Lethal, this was a very clever april fools joke.

None.

Apr 3 2009, 1:32 am Centreri Post #27

Relatively ancient and inactive

I find it hilarious how many people fell for this.

None.

Apr 3 2009, 1:42 am Pigy_G Post #28

I would have responded sooner had I not been suspended, How could anyone beleive this! They arent even related to DyNe anymore! XD

None.

Apr 3 2009, 1:56 am Riney Post #29

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Pigy_G
I would have responded sooner had I not been suspended, How could anyone beleive this! They arent even related to DyNe anymore! XD

DyNe is dead anyway ;o

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Apr 3 2009, 2:34 am Norm Post #30

I'm actually more than half way done with the recreation of this legendary hype. I'll post Screenies later.

None.

Apr 3 2009, 2:48 am stickynote Post #31

Stop giving us false hope. I don't want to hear it.

None.

Apr 5 2009, 9:43 pm payne Post #32

:payne:

Lol @ all >.<
And why say I cannot keep my mouth shut? :(
And you should have asked me the features, I was so addicted to that project and I was part of the project so I could have had access to all the infos on the site :P

None.

Apr 6 2009, 7:06 am Pinky Post #33

WHere can I find info about Cresent Dyne? I am curious to know why everyone thought it was going to be the greatest map.

None.

Apr 6 2009, 7:12 am Lingie Post #34

Whoever did was obviously a sucker for WoodenFire's terrain.

Really though, nothing was done to the map except a few hundred copied blends with some minor edits to look different.

He did get the Number one post in SEN V4 though.. But as Moose said..

Quote from MiniMoose2707
Quote from Kaias

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Apr 6 2009, 1:39 pm Magicide Post #35

Sleeping wolves wake hungry.

Told you.

I hate you all.

Apr 6 2009, 3:16 pm payne Post #36

:payne:

Huh, there's been triggers in CD, I have a version that proves it >.<

None.

Apr 6 2009, 5:20 pm Lingie Post #37

Yeah, I think the clock was done, and that was about it.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Apr 6 2009, 6:41 pm Vi3t-X Post #38

There was a slightly working version before string corruption chewed up the map.

None.

Options
  Back to forum