Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: SC2 = Rock paper scissors
SC2 = Rock paper scissors
Oct 1 2007, 8:45 am
By: mikelat
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >

Nov 10 2007, 8:59 pm ~:Deathawk:~ Post #61

Quote from chui
Ultima, Everquest (maybe not 1 but definitely 2), EVE Online, and hell I would consider Guild Wars better if I thought of it as an MMO.

Its funny you bring up the very worst MMO ever made though, Runescape, why would you go comparing WoW to that if you never played anything else.

Also, WoW is going to be losing tons of people to some of the new MMO's coming out like Warhammer and Tabula Rasa. Which, from I've seen so far because I haven't had a chance to play them yet, look way better.

Oh and on the subject of graphics, WoW is one of the worst looking 3d MMO's.
I've played Tabula Rasa and to be honest, I can't say anything good about it. :\

None.

Nov 11 2007, 1:05 am chuiu Post #62

Quote from frazz
I bring it up?
I didn't compare WoW to Runescape, you did suggesting you thought I considered it better.

Quote from frazz
Anyway, what's your problem? You may think it sucks, but it's there and the point I was trying to make was that it get's Blizzard tons of money, which makes it not cow dooky. There may be better MMOs out there, but people still like it for one reason or another. The people I know that play it are addicted to it no more than a person would be addicted to Starcraft.
My problem is you're saying everything Blizzard makes is great, when W3 and WoW are terrible games. I would rather play W2 than W3.

None.

Nov 11 2007, 2:02 am ~:Deathawk:~ Post #63

Quote from chui
Quote from frazz
I bring it up?
I didn't compare WoW to Runescape, you did suggesting you thought I considered it better.

Quote from frazz
Anyway, what's your problem? You may think it sucks, but it's there and the point I was trying to make was that it get's Blizzard tons of money, which makes it not cow dooky. There may be better MMOs out there, but people still like it for one reason or another. The people I know that play it are addicted to it no more than a person would be addicted to Starcraft.
My problem is you're saying everything Blizzard makes is great, when W3 and WoW are terrible games. I would rather play W2 than W3.
Again, you say they are terrible games, but obviously the games are doing something right if they have that many people playing them this many years after release. I don't get how you figure they are terrible games though.

For the record, I think WC3 is one of the most entertaining games ev4r <3 <3

None.

Nov 11 2007, 2:52 am chuiu Post #64

Quote from ~:Deathawk:~
but obviously the games are doing something right if they have that many people playing them this many years after release. I don't get how you figure they are terrible games though.
You obviously haven't been reading what I've been saying.

None.

Nov 11 2007, 3:00 am ~:Deathawk:~ Post #65

Nope, you're right, I totally haven't.

But hey, since it's already written, go copy/paste it and repost it =)

None.

Nov 11 2007, 3:10 am chuiu Post #66

Idiot.

None.

Nov 11 2007, 4:13 am ~:Deathawk:~ Post #67

Super genius.

But yeah, since I actually made a legitimate argument..

Deathawk - 1
Chui - 0

ROUND 2, FIGHT!

None.

Nov 11 2007, 6:04 am chuiu Post #68

Nonono, you refuse to go back and read my argument. So its the other way around.

None.

Nov 11 2007, 6:09 am ~:Deathawk:~ Post #69

I did go back, it was just too hard to pinpoint your argument. :(
round 2's almost up, quick, make an argument

None.

Nov 11 2007, 7:10 am chuiu Post #70

Your stupidity sees no obstacles. Go ahead and say what you want, I'm done here.

None.

Nov 11 2007, 7:13 am ~:Deathawk:~ Post #71

VICTORY FOR THE HORDE!

None.

Nov 11 2007, 7:11 pm yenku Post #72

Uh, I'm going to give the gods of balance a chance. If I don't like it, I won't play it. But from what I've seen, Blizzard never fucks up too big on balance.

EDIT: Chiu and Dethawk. You're both dumb. I am the superior. I understand that there are "DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS".
I don't play WC3, but I understand it is quite balanced (thus making it a good game in combination with its graphics and wide range of options in-game) and the professional scene is very similar to that of SC.

I don't know anything about time wasting MMO's so I'm not going to bother talking about those.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 11 2007, 7:18 pm by yenku.

None.

Nov 11 2007, 7:29 pm ~:Deathawk:~ Post #73

Quote from yenku
Uh, I'm going to give the gods of balance a chance. If I don't like it, I won't play it. But from what I've seen, Blizzard never fucks up too big on balance.

EDIT: Chiu and Dethawk. You're both dumb. I am the superior. I understand that there are "DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS".
I don't play WC3, but I understand it is quite balanced (thus making it a good game in combination with its graphics and wide range of options in-game) and the professional scene is very similar to that of SC.

I don't know anything about time wasting MMO's so I'm not going to bother talking about those.
Are you trying to say I don't understand why somebody couldn't like games such as WC3 and WoW? Because I can understand why they don't like the games, but to call them terrible?
Perhaps my definition of terrible is different, but it sounds like
is going farther than Chui.'s personal feelings towards the game. However, Chui has yet to actually make an argument why the games are "terrible".. so..

PS : It's Deathawk, with an A. <3

None.

Nov 11 2007, 9:58 pm Centreri Post #74

Relatively ancient and inactive

I kind of agree with Deathawk on this one. I like WCIII. The graphics are a bit cartoony, but they're still enjoyable. The editor is great. There are many fantastic maps for it.

WoW? It may not be the best MMORPG, but its not terrible (though blizzard does screw up on balance on this one). Decent graphics, some fun quests... and a larger playerbase then just about anything else.

None.

Nov 12 2007, 1:12 am frazz Post #75

Chui: You never really made an argument. Please go find it and post it if you don't want to look like an idiot. Just to counter a few....
Quote from Chui
Did you not even read my post? Make sure your eyes and brains work TOGETHER this time.
Quote from Chui
nothing can beat Runescape
See now?
Quote from Chui
No, I said everything Blizzard makes is gold, as in, makes them lots of money.

Furthermore, you seem to think that everything YOU think is lame is lame in the absolute. It is not so. Knowledge is the intersection of truth and belief. You have one (give you a hint, it's belief).
In order to know a game is lame, you must also intake facts, in addition to your opinion. One good way of doing this is seeing what everyone else thinks. In the case of a game, if millions of people pay monthly for it, it can't be all that bad.
Point: You can't go around saying everything you don't like sucks. Well, you can I guess, you just sound like a closed minded ignorant/arrogant idiot baby.
Whao, that's a little flamy. Meh.

Edit: Pay attention to that first part of my post, that's what I really wanted.

None.

Nov 12 2007, 9:47 pm Kellimus Post #76

Wow Frazz, keep up the Ad Hominem Abusive :D

But Deathawk is right. Chui stated they suck, but didn't backup why they suck so Dea.....

Eh, fuck it. If I explain into detail why Chui should go back and explain why they suck, Frazz will just come in here and claim that I'm trolling everyone.

Proceed.

None.

Nov 12 2007, 11:04 pm Centreri Post #77

I'll protect Kellimus if Frazz starts unjustly insulting you. I wasn't here before, but I'm here now.

Wasn't Chui a Global mod at some point?

None.

Nov 13 2007, 12:26 am Kellimus Post #78

Yeah, back in V4 of SeN, Chui was a Gmod.. Just up and disappeared one day.

Want me to PM you links of Frazz's consistant Ad Hominem towards me?

None.

Nov 13 2007, 12:40 am Centreri Post #79

I saw a few instances of it. However, this is not the focus of the topic, so lets get back on topic, folks -

When you think about it, SC was also basically Rock/Paper/Scissors - High Templar or Lurkers take out squadrons of marine-class ground units or hydralisks, some armors are more susceptible to different attacks... Devourers were anti-air, Guardians were anti-ground, and you needed a combination of units to be any good. I really don't see how SCII is different.

None.

Nov 13 2007, 1:08 am Kellimus Post #80

Which is why I truely believe that the reason this topic was started for a flame session, or somewhere to bitch about how Blizzard isn't doing things the "way I want it"

"way I want it" refers to all the people whining and complaining about what Blizzard is/isn't doing with SCII.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum