Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: Armageddon Onslaught 2.3 - Development Thread
Armageddon Onslaught 2.3 - Development Thread
Mar 9 2009, 6:07 pm
By: IskatuMesk
Pages: < 1 2 3 48 >

Mar 12 2009, 7:48 pm IskatuMesk Post #21

Lord of the Locker Room

Sweet, what's diablo 3 like? Did they get rid of the stupid rune system?

I might have to try xfire. Nothing else is working.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Mar 15 2009, 2:45 am IskatuMesk Post #22

Lord of the Locker Room

Anxiety attacks and mood swings are slowing me down considerably. However, I have received a batch of renamed projectiles from p_q for usage in the mod. AFAIK the Dark Raven is ready to be used, it just needs attack sequencing and the projectiles.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Mar 15 2009, 3:06 am HailFire Post #23

Curious; hadn't you originally condemned this project due to Iscript.bin maxing out? How did you manage to get around that?

Regardless: You, sir, are a god.

None.

Mar 15 2009, 7:50 pm IskatuMesk Post #24

Lord of the Locker Room

I haven't gotten around it. I can't get around it. Everything that will be added is being greatly simplified and dumbed down. So no flashy Eclipse, no Entropy for Duriel, no amazing Soul Well for the Soulseeker, ect.

Mar 15 2009, 8:11 pm HailFire Post #25

Hmm, that sucks. But hey; this is still one of the best mods out there, and hopefully SC2 can help push projects like this to a whole new level.

And since you never let us try out the upgrades to ITAS, I really really really want to try out upgraded AO. :><:

None.

Mar 16 2009, 6:44 am IskatuMesk Post #26

Lord of the Locker Room

I don't plan to mod SC2 so don't put in any plans for that.

Mar 17 2009, 7:07 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #27

Just here for the activity... well not really

I used xFire, it lags everyone else. But use it as a last resort.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Mar 18 2009, 9:19 am IskatuMesk Post #28

Lord of the Locker Room

I am going to be revamping the AO soundtrack as well in my update. I like to stray away from trailer music in mods now because since they were leaked they have become so overused it's ridiculous.

This is an example of what I'll be using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKeyCXBtYGY

Mar 19 2009, 1:31 am IskatuMesk Post #29

Lord of the Locker Room

Okay, I'm trying to force my way forward. I need to think of what exactly I need to do. So here's the upcoming stuff for internal version D. I probably won't do it all though. My mood is much too unstable to hope to get it all done anytime soon.

- The Dark Raven is to be added. This tier 6 attack chopper compliments the standing demon fleet and attack units with a powerful anti-ground missile AoE volley. It attacks air units with a non-AoE laser volley. * Almost done. Sounds are ready. Graphic is converted. Just script work left.
- The Purgatory's graphic will be resized to be smaller. * Already done. Might need to change torpedo offsets.
- Damnation. He must be enabled, even if it's only with a generic attack. * I have projectile graphics and I presume his graphic is functional. If not, it's a copy-pasta job.
- Come up with an alternative for the Thane. * Will probably just change the unit data around and give him Lightning Javalin.
- Design Zeus attack. I already have a nice concept in my head, but it's going to take some motivation to do the necessary graphics work. His graphic is largely screwed up in that its ridiculously uncentered in certain animations. It will be a goddamn chore to script him like I had to for the Touch of Anguish.
- Design alternative attack setup for Syrius. Thinking of a frontal cone AoE of some kind. She also needs unique sounds. Lineage 2 will most likely be the source.
- Do some minor string work. Mostly weapon names for the Purgatory's guns and stuff.
- Revamp the entire soundtrack. Not too hard to do, will probably do it as I go along. I'm also designing Eternity Mark 3's soundtrack as I go, so I'll probably use some of the same tracks.

I've further developed the concept for the Great Destroyer's wave attack. I need to choose a graphic for the Great Destroyer. Perhaps I'll use the Pit Fiend from the graphics I had p_q convert a while ago.

This is the immediate stuff I need to do.

Oh, and proof I beat Armageddon legitimately.

/edit

Finally, some fucking progress.

It's not much but at least this is moving again.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 19 2009, 4:27 am by IskatuMesk.

Mar 19 2009, 6:12 am HailFire Post #30

How the fuck'd you manage to capital ship rush them without getting raped by doom chariot spam/salvations? :wtfage:

None.

Mar 19 2009, 6:15 am IskatuMesk Post #31

Lord of the Locker Room

They were actually in Onslaught state when we killed them.

Doom chariots are vulnerable to irradiate, and salvations can be flanked. Micro is your friend. The real nasty surprise now is Purgatories. You can't stack and stand still when fighting them or their torpedoes will kill you. Also, I used a LOT of goliaths. It took about 400 goliaths total to push into their base (both HKS and I spammed goliaths then moved into heavy air)

Also, herc pointed out a relatively simple answer to Syrius. Of course his code would have infinitely looped but the concept remains and now the teleport scales to distance perfectly.

/edit

I've finalized my design for the Damnation bolt.

The Damnation's missile has two randomized properties. The first is its speed - some bolts will be fast, some will be slow. The second is their hit effect. Some will do little damage, others will totally fuck yew up.

/edit

Random speeds on projectiles is impossible.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Mar 19 2009, 11:11 am by IskatuMesk.

Mar 20 2009, 3:19 am IskatuMesk Post #32

Lord of the Locker Room

There is a mystery crash. Something is rotten in Denmark. I don't think it has to do with the current AO units, though. I ran a 1v1 between two AO's for about an hour and nothing crashed. It sure was pretty, though.

What I succeeded in doing;

- The AI now builds Duriel.
- The AI now expands. Horray!
- Damnation is fully enabled and operational. Needs some tweaking.
- Dark Raven fully operational and ready to terrorize the skies. These things may not look like much but don't let them get close to anything on land.
- Syrius is functionally complete. Sometimes her teleport still freaks out (supposedly when the AI tries to transport her, and she ends up "teleporting" to the overlord), but at least it fixes when she's attacked. I think. I still might need to make that dummy attack to really finish her off once and for all. Now she just needs her sounds to be fixed and her effects to be added.

I tried to use Xfire to record. I can now record video, but it desyncs the audio. However, it seems like Xfire desyncs the game and dropped HKS out of one of our games.

Mar 20 2009, 6:37 pm Biophysicist Post #33

That's really nice pr0n, Mesk. I am in awe of your modeling skills.

About the Damnation: Does it have a different attack for land and air? If not, couldn't you give its air weapon and its ground weapon different speeds, set both to being able to target both land and ground, and then use randcondjmp to attackwith one of them at random?

Although you probably thought of that already...

None.

Mar 21 2009, 2:16 am IskatuMesk Post #34

Lord of the Locker Room

Yeah I considered that. But I'm starting to run tight on flingy entries and I'm not sure how much more I'll be adding. It's a consideration if I have some free later on.

Mar 22 2009, 4:39 pm IskatuMesk Post #35

Lord of the Locker Room

I had planned to release something very special when AO was finished, but now I don't think I'll make it in time. The limitations of my hardware are just too severe to do what I wanted.

So I give you a little taste of what will come in the future.

Mar 22 2009, 6:32 pm Biophysicist Post #36

None.

Mar 22 2009, 6:39 pm Corbo Post #37

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from IskatuMesk
Too pro :P

I said more tiling and displacement :P

fuck you all

Mar 22 2009, 7:26 pm Sand Wraith Post #38

she/her

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul

Mar 24 2009, 1:22 pm IskatuMesk Post #39

Lord of the Locker Room

I've been sick from food poisoning so my updates are even further impeded atm.

Corbo> It's a goddamn planet. You don't really see huge ass mountains and shit from Earth orbital pictures, do you? Plus I don't know how to do that.

Mar 24 2009, 6:39 pm Biophysicist Post #40

Hey, Mesk, are you taking suggestions for units? If so, I have a few ideas that might work for Armageddon units.

Also, I might have a way to do the Damnation's random attack speed without using up another flingy.dat entry for you.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 48 >
  Back to forum