Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Official Mystic Islands RPG Topic
Official Mystic Islands RPG Topic
Aug 29 2007, 2:07 am
By: Falkoner
Pages: < 1 2 3

Sep 3 2007, 8:41 pm Falkoner Post #41

UPDATED THE LAST ISLAND!

Ventisca island is another good one, it is a lot more green than the other islands, hope you enjoy!

Now all I need to make are the ship interiors, the private islands, and the space bar.

None.

Sep 3 2007, 8:52 pm EzDay281 Post #42

If I might add a suggestion, fewer or atleast more irregular, 'splotchy' dirt/grass/ruins transitions. They just look unattural.

None.

Sep 3 2007, 8:55 pm Falkoner Post #43

Ya, some aren't perfect, I'll be going through soon and fixing all that stuff up, I'm also planning on spiffing up Aquarius Island because, let's not lie, it really sucks at the moment, I might be completely redoing it.

None.

Sep 3 2007, 9:02 pm Sie_Sayoka Post #44

venitisca island has the most blockyness. Try to clean up some temple to dirt areas as well as that pillar hole ramp thing, other than that everything looks great, I love the shops :)

None.

Sep 3 2007, 9:07 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #45

Well where there isn't quality, there's quantity! lol yeah not always the best decision.... I think lots and lots of the terrain is too perfect if your catchin my drift. Like all the cliff faces are flat and the grass is in like perfect squares lol! But I like the multi layers and varied ramps :)<br />Oh also I think that its weird that all the islands have the same orientation... Like all the ports are north and what not :lol:

None.

Sep 3 2007, 9:12 pm Falkoner Post #46

Meh, a map player won't really notice :P

None.

Sep 3 2007, 9:41 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #47

Haha yea it's true, the average b-net wouldn't notice any of the alleged errors according to sen's standards lol!

None.

Sep 3 2007, 10:09 pm Zell. Post #48

i <3 the ramps with the ruined holes in them. they are my favorite. :)

None.

Sep 13 2007, 5:11 am Falkoner Post #49

Completely revamped Aquarius Island, it looks pretty nifty now, I love the entrance to the tunnel.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 12:18 am Dr. Brown Post #50

That is a whole ton of straight custom terrain! Wow well should I even bother trying to make it in the terrain business seeing as they have pros like you that can whip up massive quantities of quality terrain? I mean is there even anything else to do? Anyways back on topic I love how it all looks and from the looks of both your threads this is gonna be a kickin map! Keep it flowin brother!

None.

Aug 20 2009, 2:10 am payne Post #51

:payne:

I expected much better blended terrain from you, Falkoner, but overall, it is good :D

None.

Aug 20 2009, 1:32 pm Symmetry Post #52

Dungeon Master

PAYNE CASTS LEVEL 42 NECROMANCY

Please check post dates before you reply to a topic.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Aug 20 2009, 5:56 pm payne Post #53

:payne:

Quote from Symmetry
PAYNE CASTS LEVEL 42 NECROMANCY

Please check post dates before you reply to a topic.
He referred a guy to this topic recently, which made me look at it and I felt like replying... no big deal, I have the right to revive a topic or not :O

None.

Aug 20 2009, 6:20 pm rockz Post #54

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Falk, why'd you make those pngs so huge? Such a waste of space!

Anyway, even though this was brought back through nefarious means, have you given up on the project?

Edit: seriously, does anyone know a decent image host?

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 22 2009, 9:48 pm by rockz.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Aug 20 2009, 7:38 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #55

Just here for the activity... well not really

This would have been great for the RPG contest ^^

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Aug 20 2009, 11:17 pm Falkoner Post #56

Actually, this is my submission to the RPG contest, although, if school continues at the rate it's going, I doubt I'll ever finish it..

None.

Aug 20 2009, 11:21 pm XGenesis Post #57

Are some of the ramps with doodads on the Ventisca Island walkable?

also : i thought the tiny pieces of water on the 'dirt-water' cliff pieces were unacceptable in the world of terraining on high dirt cliffs :P

None.

Aug 20 2009, 11:22 pm Falkoner Post #58

also : i thought the tiny pieces of water on the 'dirt-water' cliff pieces were unacceptable in the world of terraining on high dirt cliffs :P

One of the fixes that I've recently made, along with making a couple of those ramps actually walkable, I had a few tiles that didn't work, but they still look the same,

None.

Sep 3 2009, 9:56 pm Tempz Post #59

Reminds me of ghenstville gas rpg... except terrain is very good... there's competition, and computer ai and shops, inns, and everything is 100 times better...

None.

Sep 4 2009, 12:22 am Falkoner Post #60

I never actually looked at it that way, but you're right. And I'm actually glad, I always felt that the idea for Ghentinsville Gas RPG was great, however I was horrible in triggering it, and it lacked the extra systems necessary to truly make it fun. Hopefully I get it right this time around, 3 years of Starcraft experience is all I have different ;)

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum