Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1.6
Temple Siege v1.6
Feb 12 2009, 6:20 am
By: UnholyUrine
Pages: < 1 « 32 33 34 35 3670 >

Jun 8 2009, 8:15 pm UnholyUrine Post #661

the infesteds dont work because if you try to mass produce and surrond 1 explodes and does dmg and the others do not due to splash dmg dealt from the exploding infested.
Incomprehensible Sentence of the Week!

@ShredderIV .... it's Faz-'s idea too :P...
But the double cast isn't a good idea....
Since hallu's are not cloaked at all.... I think that can still work. A hallu observer that is killable... The bad thing is... I don't know if there's a way to detect whether a Hallu's dead or not... ... but it can still work for LM.
His L1 would become more of a "Nuke" then.. as you can tele and bomb an area with Aldaris...
But for now it may be too drastic of a change .. :unsure:

And I forgot to mention.. for the "Surround" thing.. I can simply spawn the same number of Aldaris's... but only 4 of them will actually attack.

err Remember that IT's are 3 HP, 175 armor, 175 dmg.. They theoretically don't kill each other unless there're over 6 of them.

None.

Jun 8 2009, 8:27 pm FlashBeer Post #662

Quote from UnholyUrine
The observer is a bit easy to kill, and I totally agree. I am thinking of making it invincible, as paralysing still stops the lurker.

However, now that I think about it, I can put in the Real, instead of hallus, of the infested Durans and make them 50+7 dmg (if that works)... then I can put the Nuclear ghosts back down.

I also have been thinking a lot about the Summoner and LM... and I have some Ideas to improve them.
1. For the Summoner, either when it's burrowed, or there'd be some extraneous switch, it will summon Infested Terrans rather than Zerglings. Remembering that IT's have 3 hp but 175 armor, they can do damage, and can help the Summoner get kills more easily, while also not affecting the current balance between Zerglings + spawns + heroes.
The new "summon counter" probably will apply to IT's as well, but probably 2 max. I also need to think about putting a cap on the max IT's summonable.

What if, for ED's observer, you give it 255+255 armor and 2 hp? Additionally you could give it and extra 1/2 hp every so hp upgrades so the observer can take one more hit.

I hope you are thinking of changing players when changing hallucinated infested duran to real infested duran, otherwise only the top-leftmost duran will just keep changing over and over. If you were going to do this, you should give all hallucinations to their allied computer player or a neutral player, then turn those given hallus into the durans.

If you were going to have ITs spawn for summoner's alternative l1, you could make l2 remove all dark swarms, and have the next dark swarm teleport all your zerglings or create broodlings or make your summoner invincible or slow down foes or drain foes or constantly spawn zerglings when you have below 5 zerglings. The dark swarm could stay, and you could still cast more dark swarms after, but the location where you casted the first one during l2 remains in place.

As I said before, I think that LM's l1 should involve two castings.
1st one preforms light barrier normally
During the 2nd cast— "Your Lm turns into an observer.
After 4-6 seconds, or when the observer is killed, you come back (invincible) and spawn those aldaris's."

So it would be like an extended l1, and you can move around.

This would help owning LM on the cooldown everytime.

For the spawning system, wouldn't it just be easier to switch rines with zealots, and maybe just increase rines' hp and exp amount, and decrease zealots' exp count. The zealots would still be tough on summoner but not as much on LM, while still maintaining 2 lvl higher leaders.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 8 2009, 9:51 pm by FlashBeer.

None.

Jun 8 2009, 9:40 pm killer_sss Post #663

Quote from FlashBeer
What if, for ED's observer, you give it 255+255 armor and 2 hp? Additionally you could give it and extra 1/2 hp every so hp upgrades so the observer can take one more hit.

might as well make the observer invincible in that case. Granted yea its not 100% chance that your going to dodge the second or third hit but most of the time you will because your observer would most likely out range the ranged attacker by the next shot. Also once it ends they could just recast and boom 2 or 3 more shots again. So if your trying to shoot they guy every time he has to stop and recast it still won't have an effect. Late game if you cast L1 at the wrong time i think you ought to be punished which is why i figured a lower armor would be much better.

Quote from UnholyUrine
the infesteds dont work because if you try to mass produce and surrond 1 explodes and does dmg and the others do not due to splash dmg dealt from the exploding infested.

Incomprehensible Sentence of the Week!

you understood it so its not incomprehensible. i just forgot to put in a noun to show you what i was refering to. Btw compared to some of the other shit posted on here I love how you pick on me of all people.

None.

Jun 8 2009, 10:05 pm FlashBeer Post #664

Quote from killer_sss
Granted yea its not 100% chance that your going to dodge the second or third hit but most of the time you will because your observer would most likely out range the ranged attacker by the next shot. Also once it ends they could just recast and boom 2 or 3 more shots again. So if your trying to shoot they guy every time he has to stop and recast it still won't have an effect. Late game if you cast L1 at the wrong time i think you ought to be punished which is why i figured a lower armor would be much better.

A lot of units can hit the observer 4 times before the spell runs out. If you are talking about ED using the spell to run away, you are right, the observer won't die most of the time, but during a fight, his observer could be shot down and he will be stunned. Not to mention that there are other things that contribute to shooting down the obs really fast—
Mech's missles shoot twice per attack + high range
Archer casts 3 muttas per l1
Both mage's storms would kill obs instantly... etc.

None.

Jun 8 2009, 10:47 pm Thuy Post #665

For LM's Lv1, how about created 4 real ones around the LM and 4 hallucination around nearby enemies. The range of this effect shouldn't be very big though! Since LM is a pretty slow hero, he can use Lv1 as a mini stun or so.

None.

Jun 8 2009, 11:47 pm killer_sss Post #666

Quote from FlashBeer
Quote from killer_sss
Granted yea its not 100% chance that your going to dodge the second or third hit but most of the time you will because your observer would most likely out range the ranged attacker by the next shot. Also once it ends they could just recast and boom 2 or 3 more shots again. So if your trying to shoot they guy every time he has to stop and recast it still won't have an effect. Late game if you cast L1 at the wrong time i think you ought to be punished which is why i figured a lower armor would be much better.

A lot of units can hit the observer 4 times before the spell runs out. If you are talking about ED using the spell to run away, you are right, the observer won't die most of the time, but during a fight, his observer could be shot down and he will be stunned. Not to mention that there are other things that contribute to shooting down the obs really fast—
Mech's missles shoot twice per attack + high range
Archer casts 3 muttas per l1
Both mage's storms would kill obs instantly... etc.

eh sorry forgot to bring that back up. my original idea had 2-3 hp 20-40shields with 50 armor to the observer. Obviously thats gona factor in when kill those ones. And if your using L1 in a fight i think you pretty much deserve to die. he can fight and still unburrow and run away on foot.

Yes this gives him better fighting ability but it will drastically improve his spawn killing which is a big problem atm as is. If you wana fight while moving make them use L3. There is a reason why it costs 55 more mana than L1. Maybe stick with 3 hp 20 shields 60 armor. the few that hurt him are pretty much his counters anyhow.

None.

Jun 11 2009, 5:40 am itisagooday2die Post #667

I found a cool trick with lurker: you can force attack really easily. So is attacking your spawns like that considered "unfair"? Isn't that the same thing which DM storm, LM reavers, Firebat attack, etc do? So if you just put all your spawns in one place and splash like that... Is it bad?

None.

Jun 11 2009, 6:16 am FlashBeer Post #668

Quote from name:CAFG
Rules & Regulations
- You are not allowed to purposefully kill(manually attack) allied Nurses/Dark Orbs/Goblins/Satellites for easy exp.
- You may not manually attack allied units for easy/deny exp.
- You may indirectly kill allied spawns with storm/splash. That means you must be trying to hit atleast 1 enemy unit with your attack. Storming an enemy cannon is not acceptable.

For more information on how to properly play: Temple Siege Tournament

None.

Jun 11 2009, 6:23 am Iceman16 Post #669

Because manually attacking your own spawn is giving yourself an unfair advantage. Even when other heroes storm, they actually have to be hitting enemy spawn while the spell is in effect. Anything else is not allowed. Also heroes are balanced accordingly to this splash and 'team xp'. For example: this is why it's unbalanced for a mech player to be team killing all his own spawn. Not only does it make the hero literally 2x as strong as it was intended to be, but it completely denies the other team any spawn (mech can kill all the spawn before it even goes outside of cannons while for all the legit splash heroes, the spawn has to reach the enemy spawn).

None.

Jun 12 2009, 7:56 am Jack Post #670

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

t's easy as to attack your own spawn, with mutant and cracklings. But I've only ever done it once, when a medic/mutant combo were spawn blocking at top path(they were bottom base), and the mutant was taking out his own spawn as they cam eone by one. So I blocked top at the gate, and attacked my own spawn cos I got stuck... :lookaround:

Then I totally wasted them all anyway. Summoner is still pretty OP IMO, although I rarely come against anyone who can use its counters properly, so that might be it. My brother was in love with 1.5 cos of the triple ling summon though, but it's too easy to win.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jun 16 2009, 5:29 pm ShredderIV Post #671

hey, i would like to tell you unholy, if this wasn't said before, 1.5 crashes on mac versions of sc. I haven't been able to test it that much b/c of this...

None.

Jun 16 2009, 11:47 pm UnholyUrine Post #672

It has been said..
I have no idea why
But some of my other maps are like that too...

I blame Starforge

None.

Jun 17 2009, 3:59 am ShredderIV Post #673

Hey, i went back through all the updates and stuff, and didnt find anything that could have caused it, but then i looked at two specific effects that might be the cause of all this. One is the effect with the hatch in the beginning, and the other is the arbiter vortex spell effect, although it happens at the beginning of the game, which leads me to think that it's in the hatch effect that's used during the random/choose phase.

None.

Jun 17 2009, 4:58 am UnholyUrine Post #674

This also happened with my Virus Arena (u can DL from DLDB) ... but I have no floor hatches in that game... So it's not that :\

None.

Jun 17 2009, 6:35 pm killer_sss Post #675

its also happened in previous versions before 1.5. There was a guy a while ago who was complaining jsut as you and neither him or unholy has a clue what causes it.

None.

Jun 18 2009, 4:14 am ShredderIV Post #676

well i personally can't figure it out since i can't use staredit or ne thing... my mac wont run staredit, idk why...

Or it could just be starforge, if that's not what you made the first temple siege versions on. You could try using something else but that might take up a lot of your valuable time.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 18 2009, 4:24 am by ShredderIV.

None.

Jun 18 2009, 4:21 pm FlashBeer Post #677

I think there may be something weird with StarForge. When I tried making a map using stacked sprites, the game would instantly crash for everyone other than myself— whether I hosted or someone else did, regardless of which player slot they were in. I checked each trigger and took anything necessary out, so there shouldn't have been any desyncs.

None.

Jun 18 2009, 7:45 pm Decency Post #678

You probably used a crashing sprite...

None.

Jun 18 2009, 8:37 pm UnholyUrine Post #679

I definately didn't use a crashing sprite o.O ... It's just probably Starforge somehow inputted one... maybe.
EDIT: But it's JUST macs that crash tho..

None.

Jun 18 2009, 9:55 pm ShredderIV Post #680

it could be a sprite that doesn't crash on pc's but for some reason crashes on a mac. The only sprite that i could think of is the flag that is in the newly revealed portion of the map, on the left side where the flag and the defilers always are, or idk, i prolly just wont be able to play 1.5 for a while...

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 32 33 34 35 3670 >
  Back to forum