Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: **Mini-Game Party REMASTERED**
**Mini-Game Party REMASTERED**
Jan 12 2009, 11:42 pm
By: MillenniumArmy
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 1114 >

Feb 26 2009, 1:58 am m.0.n.3.y Post #161

Wow I just couldn't let this thread die beacuse it is one of the best and most fun games i've ever played

None.

Feb 26 2009, 5:24 am MillenniumArmy Post #162

As long as I'm still here, it'll never die ;)

None.

Feb 26 2009, 5:17 pm UnholyUrine Post #163

How's the "Duel" stuff coming along?
I'm dying to try it out XD.. and duel someone in... Pure Luck Race lolol

None.

Feb 27 2009, 6:08 pm payne Post #164

:payne:

Come on, we want that map glitch-free! :D

None.

Mar 1 2009, 1:04 am MillenniumArmy Post #165

Ok:

1) I am not going to implement game packs. It's just not worth the trouble IMO.

2) I have like four more fresh mini-game ideas that I would like to add to the map. So I want to replace the four least popular ones with these. So I would like to know which four (preferably the older ones like the first 64) should go. This should be based on your observed reception/popularity and not just personal preference.

3) I will add 8 challenge games. They will simply be remakes of ones that already exist. One that I know I will implement is a remix of the Pure Luck race. I would like to know which other 7 games you guys think would be great "challenge games." Like, what I'm hoping is that they will have one or more of the following:
- First place gets 2 points. Second gets 1. Or last place loses a point
- Time trials. Do something within the allotted time or nothing happens. Or if you fail to do something, you lose a point
- Or it's like a bound. You have one shot at doing something. If you make it, you get a point. If not nothing happens (and of course there will be a time limit which limits people from waiting forever.)
- Or anything else which isn't your typical last man standing, first to # points, or first to certain destination wins.

4) About the duels. It's easy to implement, but I've been thinking... when and how should this option be played out? As of right now, I have it so that this option will avail itself only during turn picking mode after two complete rounds (meaning everyone has had a chance to pick twice) and each person only has one chance to use it. Basically how duels work is that the winner gets one point and that the loser loses one. The important thing is: Duels may NOT work on games like WTF and Pure luck race. Those games should only be played with everyone

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 1 2009, 1:19 am by Mini Moose 2707.

None.

Mar 1 2009, 1:25 am Ix~ Post #166

Recruit and Fight and Capture the Flag with the SCV are my personal favorites.

None.

Mar 1 2009, 1:26 am Demented Shaman Post #167

I played my first actual game today. I only played like 7 minigames before I left, but it was a lot of fun.

None.

Mar 1 2009, 8:55 am USS Cane Post #168

I played your map about 200 times now (im not counting but its about that and im not overexagurating) both demo and full ver and im telling you, game pack of pure skill games would make this game really better -.-
Games that could be replaced in my opinion: Catch Me, OMFG barack obama (good name but game is just .. -.-), The one when u have scourage that spawns lings and a firebat (its just boring), and nothing more comes to my mind
Overaly im playing UMS maps 6 years now almost day by day and this is the best UMS map iv ever played, so thank you for creating this ^_^

None.

Mar 1 2009, 10:32 pm MillenniumArmy Post #169

Oooooooo!

I'll bring Lurker Dance back.

Because what I'll do is I'll implement a glitch detection system. Every time this game is played, I will secretly have a lurker attacking/killing a unit somewhere on the map. If the lurkers are glitched, they will not attack/kill this unit so if the unit is not killed after a certain time limit, I'll force the game to end in a draw with a note saying something like "This game cannot be played anymore due to a glitch." So you can still play the game if the computer AI doesn't glitch up.

That said, I am still going to have to get rid of a few mini-games. I would still like you people's input on this. And yes I will definitely get rid of catch me. I dunno about OMFG Obama, but I'll definitely look into some others.

None.

Mar 1 2009, 10:33 pm Demented Shaman Post #170

Best of 128 must be added.

None.

Mar 1 2009, 10:44 pm Symmetry Post #171

Dungeon Master

Quote from name:Barack Obama

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Mar 1 2009, 10:52 pm MillenniumArmy Post #172

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
Quote from name:Barack Obama

I wholeheartedly agree with this.
And after much contemplation I wholeheartedly will.

None.

Mar 1 2009, 11:23 pm Keirebu Post #173

Can you add the ability to replay mini games? It sucks when playing ones like Best of 64, And you all can't play your favorites. :(
Also, Can you extend the game choosing time? It sucks when trying to find a game you forgot the number of by a few numbers, and you get kicked into random xD.

None.

Mar 2 2009, 2:41 am payne Post #174

Ya, replays ftw!
And please replace the fucking Remote Control Dropship! :O

None.

Mar 6 2009, 7:35 pm UnholyUrine Post #175

Games that I feel could be improved/removed:

LURE (the one where you lure zlings to your flag...)
- Improvements... Make the goals for each player move around in the middle :O (air unit to junk yard dog every second or so...) .. That way, the ultras will scramble to not lure the zlings into another guy's flag.
- Increase # of zlings that's required to lure IF you follow the above suggestion.
- Allow ultra to survive 1 hit.. (2 hit KO) IF you follow the above suggestions.
- Or you can remove this :C

LAST ONE THERE
- Do NOT remove this!
- Fix the fact that the crystals don't stop the zerglings from going further...
- What if we spawned ultras instead? I'd like to try it XD...

CROSSFIRE / TARGET / SWARMING HIVES / BLOWN AWAY / FREEZE DODGE
- These dodges are quite similar.. If need be, one of them can afford to be removed..
- Although I like all of them :P .. so do it if u need to.. :)

ULTRA TORTURE
- rather than spawning marines ON the ultra.. which is lame when you get stuck.... try this instead:
- create 1 firebat after some time.. which has high damage. This'd better keep the ultras moving. =D

FALLING TILES
- I wonder if using the Moving Platform strategy would be better... Make more reavers and such... You might even be able to make so much that they're practically covering the entire arena.. Obviously, you'd have to stop them from junk yard dogging afterwards. That'd be sorta interesting.. But I guess using the crystals is a safer bet...

GOLIATH TRACKS
- I think this really needs to have tracks that not only connects but close in on each other, so there're less tracks in the end than the beginning. Since right now, no one goes up/down to block someone else.. as it's too far and too dangerous and too hard to actually kill someone without detering yourself.

SCOURGE SPRAY
- Would it be better if everyone's scourge moves to one unit on the outside? Right now it's very random and hard to keep track of which scout/wraith is the one that your scourges would go to.

DROPSHIP SHOOTOUT
- Remove it.. Dropships are too slow and bulky... :S and in such a small arena the only reason why you'd win is because of luck/no one's aiming for you =O

RAZE THE COMMAND CENTER
- Add infested terran? XD.. How about per 10 kills = spawn 1 infested terran?

PRESSURE BLASTS
- Too many scourges per blast... 1/2 of it would probably be sufficient.. As there is currently no need to wait for the pressure to rise anyway.

Anyways, this are just suggestions :P..
it's still a great game.. and I'm dying to play the Duel//Challenge stuff

None.

Mar 11 2009, 7:08 am -BW-Map_God Post #176

Finally got a hold of the final a few days ago, had been busy/not playing much lately, anyway it was definitely worth it---awesome work, even more fun than the previous versions.

I did encounter the dancing lurker glitch 2 of the 3 games I played... one of which was a best of 64 (we hit the lurker bug at #40). Though I can see from this thread that issue is being taken care of.

Some other minor things:
1.) Survival is misspelled somewhere on the map... as one of the game name things, I can't remember which but probably a short list with Survival in the name.
2.) I think you should add a way to end the bound in a draw as if nobody in the game can do it could potentially kill the game. Luckily each time I played we had one guy that was good at bounds and nobody else could even get past the first part.

Anyway that's all I can think of right now, kind of late, again let me reiterate awesome work!!!

None.

Mar 11 2009, 9:10 am MillenniumArmy Post #177

Spring break is starting soon, so in a few days (or even starting now) i will be spending some time on this map

And also, I will also be adding these new mini-games. Not sure which ones to replace them with yet:

#?? Blockade
You spawn civilians in one of eight random spots around the arena in the top left every 0.5 seconds. They will charge towards the middle where a flag will be. If your civilian touches the flag, you earn a point. You will however, have a scourge. It will kill ANY civilian it touches EVEN YOUR OWN. Basically, your task is to use your scourge and prevent as many of your opponent's civilians from touching the flag while not touching your own civilians. First to have 20 civilians touch win.

#?? Get that ling!
This game will take place in the narrow corridors arena (the maze/pacman looking one.) You have a civilian and a zergling will wander around. Rather than dodging the zergling, you are to touch this zergling. But remember this zergling is fast and will outrun you. And based on Starcraft AI, if a wandering units detects a unit blockage, it will try and find an alternate path. If enough time elapses where nobody catches the ling, you will spawn one more civilian to assist you in catching the zergling. First to touch the ling wins

#?? Pure Bullshit race
Exactly like the Pure luck race, but with a lot of random "bullshit" factors involved. ;)

#20 Spin? of death
I'm going to change this one up. Rather than units spawning from the middle and traveling outwards, they will spawn from the two circling scouts(aimers) and travel towards the opposite ones. Rather than a spin shape, this will create an "elliptical" shape. This makes it much harder. Again last man standing wins

#?? Grid Game
This one will be interesting and perhaps a bit complicated for some. This will take place in the same 5x5 arena as the trap rooms/last one there/taxi drivers mini games. You will have a flag and a dropship randomly placed. Four "target" units will also be randomly placed. Your dropship will have four units which correspond to these four "target" units placed around. Whenever you unload a unit, you will launch a scourges towards the respective target. You cannot move your Dropship. Your goal is to have your scourge touch your flag. If you are placed in a seemingly impossible place, unload the archon in your dropship to change your dropship location. First to succesfully get their scourge to touch their flag three times wins.

#?? Buttons
This one can also be quite complicated. You each have your own set of 3x3 units. How this works is that you can "push" one of any of these 9 units. When that happens they will change state (be given to a different colored computer player) and so will ALL the buttons adjacent to them (this does NOT include diagonals.) Your set of units will be pre-randomized and your goal is to get all 9 units to be of the same state. If you push the corner units, that and its two adjacent units will change states. If you push the middle edge unit, that and its three adjacent units will change states. And if you push the middle unit, that and its four adjacent units will change states. Use your quantitative skills so that you can be the first to achieve all 9 units of the same type. If after two minutes no one gets it, the game will end in a draw but I'm assuming it probably won't happen.

None.

Mar 11 2009, 10:23 am USS Cane Post #178

The original Spin Of Death is awesome as it is, so maybe make a Sping Of Death 2 mini game and replace something worse then original Spin Of Death D:

None.

Mar 11 2009, 1:49 pm Symmetry Post #179

Dungeon Master

Quote from MillenniumArmy
Spring break is starting soon, so in a few days (or even starting now) i will be spending some time on this map

Your first Spring break at legal drinking age and you plan on working on this map? I applaud your dedication, sir.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Mar 11 2009, 7:34 pm payne Post #180

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
Quote from MillenniumArmy

Your first Spring break at legal drinking age and you plan on working on this map? I applaud your dedication, sir.
LOL'd :hurr:

Please, tell me you're removing Remote Control Dropship.
And I agree with USS Cane for the Spin of Death 2. Trust us, we are both very addicted players :P

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 1114 >
  Back to forum