Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: **Mini-Game Party REMASTERED**
**Mini-Game Party REMASTERED**
Jan 12 2009, 11:42 pm
By: MillenniumArmy
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 1214 >

Mar 11 2009, 8:06 pm UnholyUrine Post #181

Spin of Death is fine the way it is...
And you should think about some of my ideas too.

For Razing the CC, having infested terran per 10 kills of zling is a good idea as it'd force people to kill each other for an advantage rather than focus on the CC (which has its own disadvantage I know..)... Once u get the IT's, it's not a game of luck much more, rather than placement and timing of using the infested terrans....
I think the IT's would be a great addition to that game.

Spin of Death is perfect the way it is.

And I'm serious about the Pressure Blast having too many scourges and Goliath tracks needing converging tracks >=O.. it'd make it them a lot better
Plz consider my suggestions <=(

None.

Mar 11 2009, 9:38 pm USS Cane Post #182

I agree with Urine (o_O)

None.

Mar 11 2009, 10:16 pm MillenniumArmy Post #183

Unless I specifically say so, pretty much most all suggestions/remarks people have made will be accounted for.

I will get get rid of these games:

#72 Pressure Blasts - This game didn't click the way I want it to. I might make a better variation of it.

#85 Zergling Round up - Too bland IMO. Doesn't seem to strike many people either.

#106 Reaver Dodge - I have plenty of "dodge" games, but this one seems to "lack" something. Might be the design flaw, but again I don't think people would mind if this one goes.

#118 Dropship Shootout - Yes, I agree, this one needs to go.

But now here's a few games that I have my eyes on. What should I do about these:

Lurker Guardians - this game is kind of meh to me

Speed Factories - again kind of meh to me.

Spin of Death - Ok, I probably won't change this. The problem I had with this is that sometimes if people are extremely good, they could go on forever in this.

Cloaked Infested Terrans - It was fun when it was like one of the first 32 games, but compared to some of the "better" games out there... meh

Random Blast - Seems stupid to me.

Swarming Hives - Of all the dodge games out there, this one seems least original to me.

Three Man Dodge - This one I really want to stress out. I liked the concept but I'm not sure it clicks well with starcraft. If I do eliminate this, then this will free up one more arena/set of locations for me.

Back and Forth - Seems kind of bland to me. What do you guys think about this one

MC Bombs - I don't know about this one...

Shoot the scourge - Regarding aiming at a target unit, I believe I will have an even better one, so I want to know if this one should go

None.

Mar 11 2009, 11:46 pm UnholyUrine Post #184

Lurker Guardians - this game is kind of meh to me
- Agreed, but it is a good variation to the other games. I think this should stay.

Speed Factories - again kind of meh to me.
- This is fun!! :S Don't remove it :C

Spin of Death - Ok, I probably won't change this. The problem I had with this is that sometimes if people are extremely good, they could go on forever in this.
- Make a Challenge mode for this ;)

Cloaked Infested Terrans - It was fun when it was like one of the first 32 games, but compared to some of the "better" games out there... meh
- It's fine :O...

Random Blast - Seems stupid to me.
- An Improvement suggestion would be to make you a High Templar so you'd move even slower XD.. but I think it's pretty good the way it is...

Swarming Hives - Of all the dodge games out there, this one seems least original to me.
- Totally agree... :P.. but it's not bad. So it's up to you. (Though, obviously, it's always been up to you ;))

Three Man Dodge - This one I really want to stress out. I liked the concept but I'm not sure it clicks well with starcraft. If I do eliminate this, then this will free up one more arena/set of locations for me.
- Some people like this a lot. It's kinda like the Bound Race, where some odd people can shine... Keep this :)

Back and Forth - Seems kind of bland to me. What do you guys think about this one
- I have been thinking about this one. The premise is good, but it needs something to tweak it so it's more exciting.
I think this'd make it a lot more fun:
- Have a unit (or text) to tell the vultures to move to the opposite side. Lez say the left side for e.g.
- When the first vulture reaches the left side, the unit/text will either be moved to the right side, Or change to a "Stay Here" text/unit.
- Make it so that there's 1/4 chance for the unit to change to stay here, and 3/4 chance for the unit to be switched to the opposite side
- If you're the last vulture to make it to the side with the "Stay Here" text/unit, you get eliminated.
- This way, it may not always be best to be the fastest, plus it'd be much more exciting to have an elimination game.
- You'd also need to have more DT's at start.. maybe 10... and increase in smaller increments.. Or have it #-of-players-left-on-arena based. LIke if there're 6 players, then maybe 6 DT's, 5 players = 8 dts, 3 players = 12 dts, etc.

MC Bombs - I don't know about this one...
- I don't know about this one either... It's a bit crowded... maybe have less goliaths, and increase them later on?

Shoot the scourge - Regarding aiming at a target unit, I believe I will have an even better one, so I want to know if this one should go
- I dun't know..... your choice ^.^

None.

Mar 12 2009, 2:20 am m.0.n.3.y Post #185

Here's my plain out yes or no opinion on the games you suggested.

Pressure Blasts- I agree, make a different version of it

Zergling Round Up- Never really liked it and I'm glad it's out

Dropship Shootout- Man, please don't get rid of this one, it's one of my favs and I always select to play it first

Lurker Guardians - Agreed, but I could see it stay or go

Speed Factories - I also love this one, it takes skill to use the hotkeys

Spin of Death - This one is also great, and having a long mini-game once in a while is fine I think

Cloaked Infested Terrans - It's ok but not the best, the premise for it is who can kill themselves the fastest at their spawning location, i'd say get rid or make more spawning locations

Random Blast - Never Played

Swarming Hives - This one is average, I could see it stay or go depending on the replacement

Three Man Dodge - Never Played

Back and Forth - Lol, this one is pretty good as well, I like the premise and it is generally a good time, I like it

MC Bombs - Same...It's ok, but sort of bland/not as fun as you might of thought it would be

Shoot the scourge - Never Played

Also here is a suggestion of a one I think should be replaced or gotten rid of: I believe it's called something like PinBall something, there is a small arena and you use ghosts to shoot and aim the 4 units owned by a computer player at the opponents civilians. I hope you know what I'm talking about because this one really just isn't that fun.

Anyways, hope this helped
$

None.

Mar 13 2009, 2:34 am MillenniumArmy Post #186

So I've been thinking....

My map is really at it's limit, stringwise. I'm at like 95% and I've already gone past the 1024 count. It's pretty hard for me to add new games/features, or at least it's going to be a tedious and meticulous process.

However...

I could get rid of ALL the MillenniumArmy comments made by the ghost at the end of each game, thus giving me the option and ability of adding a lot more mini-games frugally.

But I don't know... I tend to like having my ghost unit making all those remarks as it gives the game a more "party" feel but... yea... What I would do is have the ghost instead say stuff like:

- "Red/Blue/Teal/etc turn to pick"
- "Randomly selecting the next game..."
- "Next up is a challenge game! Prepare yourselves!"
- "Dueling is now available"
- "Red/Blue/Teal is about to win!"
- "# more games to go!"

So now I can have safely have up to 16 or 32 new "challenge" games or something. Now I am going to have these appear randomly throughout the game, regardless of the choosing mode. I want to know what the probability of these games appearing should be. I was thinking of something like a 1/16 chance of showing up but what do you guys think?

None.

Mar 13 2009, 3:21 am m.0.n.3.y Post #187

I agree with you in the ghost comments that it gives the game more of a party feel, it really helps the atmosphere. But having those other few comments might make it ok too. You should keep the current version and make a different version with the things your suggesting, because the current one is far from dull.

Also, you could just remove all of the lame / not so fun mini-games and replace them with better ones (remove some of the ones you suggested above)
[also, did you ever replace the archon merging one?]

i'm kind of confused as why you're having these appear randomly though...doesn't really make sense to me.
Maybe you could say something like:
-The current mini-game selection is being over run / replaced for mini game [X] or something like that

None.

Mar 13 2009, 3:59 am UnholyUrine Post #188

If it's really at its limit, then don't do the challenge mode ^.^.. It's not as important as your witty remarks.
It makes the game...
If you use stock remarks, then it's not as fun :C... which defeats the purpose of this map in particular...

I agree with mon3y.. i'd rather you remove some not-so-good games than remove the end-game comments.. cause those are funny :P..

especially the part about me having a nice ass...
because it's true <3

None.

Mar 13 2009, 4:27 am payne Post #189

:payne:

Quote from MillenniumArmy
I will get get rid of these games:

#72 Pressure Blasts - This game didn't click the way I want it to. I might make a better variation of it.

#85 Zergling Round up - Too bland IMO. Doesn't seem to strike many people either.

#106 Reaver Dodge - I have plenty of "dodge" games, but this one seems to "lack" something. Might be the design flaw, but again I don't think people would mind if this one goes.

#118 Dropship Shootout - Yes, I agree, this one needs to go.

Missing Remote Control Dropship? :O

But now here's a few games that I have my eyes on. What should I do about these:

The concept isn't used well, I think.
First, make it 2 physically separated areas. After, make a single unit moving randomly from the middle of each arena. As time progresses, spawn more units.
(So no unilateral movement!)

I LOVE this one :D But maybe challenge mode for it could simply be that the first to reach the last point to bring back to his flag will be slowed down a bit (so it could push people to wait before reaching the line, etc...). You could also make a massive amount of DTs spawn from that player's flag and roam around to block people massively :D
(see red text in quote)

raze CC: delete this please... totally useless
zling madness: same here

Here's an other mini-game idea:
In one of your large round areas, people spawn 1 civilian. With it, they must dodge all the different units (many!) that are roaming around.
When they touch one, it becomes under the player's command. The player that have the least units owned after a certain time would win. Possibility of multiple victory (no draw).
What would need to be determinated would be: can players send their units to the opponent's units to give them to them?

And just a special request for a comment from your ghost :P:
"Payne >> Pigy_G, period."
Thank you very much in advance! :D <3

Oh, and talking of that ghost, you just should remove some of the comments to replace them with what you've proposed (which was a good idea to me).

None.

Mar 13 2009, 6:15 am UnholyUrine Post #190

Bah~.. I guess everyone has different ideas...
If I were you, I'd absolutely forbid anyone even thinking about removing the end-game smart remarks..
and the current back and fourth is rather bland as you said... :P

but w/e XD....

I think at this point, it really is up to you, MA... ^.^

None.

Mar 13 2009, 4:18 pm USS Cane Post #191

Three man dodge is one of my favourite of all 128 games, and im not alone here as i see.
Speed Factorys is really an innovative game and i like it aswell.
I also like Dropship shootout and idk why ppl would not like it (mabye becouse it requires skill -.-) and Preasure Blast is also enjoyable.
Thats my opinion.
I think u should Rename the one where u use atack lings using mutas to get them to ur flag to "Golf" :P

None.

Mar 14 2009, 10:26 am MillenniumArmy Post #192

Check the Official Website for the tentative mini-game list for this upcoming version. It should still mostly resemble the official list for FINALv2.0; the only changes that you have to take note of are the * marks.

None.

Mar 14 2009, 12:09 pm USS Cane Post #193

*Sniper Survival - Survive as long as you can by sniping enemies. WARNING: Killing each other gets you banned.
So you finaly found a way to get around players that kill other players, great! : D

EDIT:
Are you aware you can also kill others in games:
Vulture Micro
Probe Rape
Ultra Torture
?
and btw dont remove 3 menz dodge plz T_t

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 14 2009, 12:16 pm by USS Cane.

None.

Mar 14 2009, 8:09 pm MillenniumArmy Post #194

Vulture Micro I will increase the armor of vultures
Probe Rape I will increase the shield amount so probes can't kill each other
And there never was a problem with Ultra Torture. Even though you can "attack" people, it doesn't do any damage. With constant alliance, damage only occurs if the attacks are splash or animated (e.g. lurkers, vultures, probes, etc)

Oh and one more thing:

What's really eating the string size is the mini-game descriptions. I am going to replace most all of them with the succinct mini-game descriptions on the website. Some of the more complicated ones like Grid Coordinates will need a few more lines of instructions but still. This will save like roughly 20% of string space.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 14 2009, 8:51 pm by MillenniumArmy.

None.

Mar 14 2009, 9:57 pm Ix~ Post #195

Great Map. However, the MA comments in game are gay. I think it would be neat if you did other stuff with the space. :D

None.

Mar 15 2009, 3:44 pm USS Cane Post #196

If you manage to save some strings, will you add more mini games?

None.

Mar 15 2009, 6:38 pm MillenniumArmy Post #197

No I am going to make more gay comments praising myself

Yes i will. They will be "challenge" games though (which won't be any different from normal mini-games, but have unorthodox victory conditions and give a more excited "feel" to the map.) So now I guess you can say I'm open to ideas, again.

None.

Mar 15 2009, 7:02 pm USS Cane Post #198

Dont say your comments were gay just becouse one guy said so in a post. I personaly think they may stay or go, id really care, theire sometimes funny sometimes not ;Q

None.

Mar 15 2009, 8:04 pm MillenniumArmy Post #199

I will keep the comments, but I'll also try to implement what I've said earlier, like those notices that will tell us when a player is about to win, how many games left, challenge mode next, etc. It's just now I have the freedom to do all these things without having to worry too much about string space

None.

Mar 15 2009, 8:41 pm m.0.n.3.y Post #200

im confused..i'd wrather have you take out the ma comments instead of the in game instructions...because how the hell are you going to know how to play?.. i doubt people will go to a website to look it up just for a star craft game... just my oppinon

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 1214 >
  Back to forum