Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: **Mini-Game Party REMASTERED**
**Mini-Game Party REMASTERED**
Jan 12 2009, 11:42 pm
By: MillenniumArmy
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 914 >

Jan 28 2009, 3:29 am payne Post #121

:payne:

Okay, new bug report:
In scout blitz, you can kill people without living: if they stand at your spawn point.
And for weavy treadmill, we see burrowed units :O

None.

Jan 29 2009, 8:27 am MillenniumArmy Post #122

Technically I am going to have to make them "new" games, so that it'll tell the players that this is indeed a "challenge" game and that they should treat it with more respect. Each one will have its own unique set of rules/criterion/conditions so basically I am going to need descriptions. Some games aren't as simple as adding timers and switches; the way this map was designed has its own unique structure and floor plan for initiating and ending the mini-games. Again, some of these "challenge" games will be very similar to already existing ones; I'll make it so that they'll appear only if you do the "random" option.

So in this next version, I will have 5 new things/features:
1) Newer mini-games. Some old ones will be replaced with better ones
2) Game choosing modes and more score options. Choosing can either be: all random, turn picking, host picks, or winner picks. Score options will be First to 3, 5, 10, or 15 and best of 16, 32, 48, and 64
3) Game packs - Yes I will still implement game packs; I just discovered a good and efficient way to do it so this will definitely be an option. However this option essentially is void if people choose to play all random mode.
4) Duels - Like Unholy suggested, this can only be used once. And this will happen only after like 10 mini-games have been played (to prevent people from using duels immediately).
5) Challenges - This happens only if you play random. These games will definitely have a different feel from the other games so it should vary the experience a bit.

And also, please give me suggestions/bugs/glitches/flaws/praise/etc for any of the mini games I have currently. And if you do, please save a replay; it always helps.
As for Best of 128... I'll see when the time comes... :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 29 2009, 8:35 am by MillenniumArmy.

None.

Jan 29 2009, 5:37 pm UnholyUrine Post #123

And also, please give me suggestions/bugs/glitches/flaws/praise/etc

Praise praise praise

and, to end this with a bombshell, I thought you were gonna retire :hurr: .. (don't, teeheehee)

None.

Jan 29 2009, 9:54 pm MillenniumArmy Post #124

I will retire from starcraft map making once this new ver is done, has no more fatal glitches, and that I am 100% satisfied with it.

None.

Jan 30 2009, 12:19 am payne Post #125

:(
Anyways, :) for the up-coming features! :D ... still, I want an UBER ALL GAME PACK FIGHT :lol:
Is it possible to know which one you'll remove?
And possibly create a poll about the votes of the frequent players so you get a more accurate vision of which mini-game kinda blows (like the high templar touching the zergling and the archon fusion ;P )

None.

Jan 30 2009, 6:02 pm Heegu Post #126

In lurker dance the lurkers didn't burrow and we couldn't go on in the game.

None.

Jan 30 2009, 11:19 pm UnholyUrine Post #127

we know.. we know... he's gonna remove it.. :-( .. I love that game.. .. sux that it's screwy

OH and sm suggestions:

Scout Blitz: Longer Respawn time//Random Goal//not respawn so close to middle

Shower Collector: It'd be cool if smth comes up and kills the zlings.. since most of the time the gameplay is focused on blocking other zerglings :P.. soo if maybe a carrier or maybe a scout can randomly be created (less occasionally than wraiths n scourges), and if zling touches it, it dies and respawns in 5 secs... that'd be fun :P..

Tag: Needs Hot potato music :P

Recruit and Fight: It's ez to just aim at where the ultras are and take them... because they always spawn at the same place... It'd be better to maybe have the units created first, and have them junk yard dogging, and then create the DA's after a while?

Last One There: The Crystals used to block the zlings are too small, and noobs often go all the way out to the end (after the crystals) and die .. :C... maybe use an add-on building? :O

Probe Rape and Sniper Survival: People can still attack each other :C.... Don't know hwo u could fix this.. maybe for probe rape, you can set the shields to 100% all the time, so other probes can't do dmg, but have the archon's dmg at over w/e the shield and HP is.. As for sniper survival... are there any other ghosts left to use?.. U could make the ghosts have high armor, higher than the ghost's dmg. (best would be infested duran, since he will regenerate HP)

None.

Jan 31 2009, 5:28 am Pigy_G Post #128

For the EAT EM ALL, you say in the info to use sci vessel, but you give us wraith.

None.

Jan 31 2009, 5:55 am KrayZee Post #129

Fun Fact: There are 263,566,400 different mini game combinations to play from if it is best out of 5. And that is if you play alone.

None.

Jan 31 2009, 7:44 am KrayZee Post #130

Another Fun Fact: If it is best out of 64, then it will have at least 9,001,143,356,349,647,101,961,160.7 x 715,371,436,479.7 different combinations. Again, this is if by played by one player and/or if one player wins 64 when everyone else has 0.

None.

Jan 31 2009, 7:49 am Demented Shaman Post #131

Quote from KrayZee
Fun Fact: There are 263,566,400 different mini game combinations to play from if it is best out of 5. And that is if you play alone.
264566400*

Also, where are you getting the other number from? I know that the number of combinations of 64 minigames out of 128 is 2.39511460419281x10^37

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 31 2009, 7:55 am by Barack Obama.

None.

Jan 31 2009, 9:57 am MillenniumArmy Post #132

I am getting rid of these games:

#11 Exploding Archons
#15 Catch me
#21 Archon fusions
#65 bumper balls
#110 Lurker dance

and replacing them with:

#11 Bumper karts
#15 Dodge the spikes
#21 Paintballers
#65 Inteceptor lock
#110 Pwn him

As for games like probe rape and Sniper survival. Probe rape I'll do the shield regeneration thing. And Sniper survival, I'll probably use another ghost unit and make him/her have more armor or something

None.

Feb 1 2009, 4:09 pm PridefulOne Post #133

Would it be possible to toss in an optional time limit to avoid these 2hr+ Games? Possibly even making it an option to only have a time limit rather than a goal?

None.

Feb 1 2009, 7:01 pm MillenniumArmy Post #134

A timer won't exactly do, but I will add best of 16, 32, etc games to limit such lengthy games; no matter the score, you guys will only play a said number of games. In fact, I even added a first to 3. On average, each mini-game should last about a minute long but the selection process is the only thing that varies depending on the status of the choosers.

None.

Feb 2 2009, 2:05 am payne Post #135

Maybe you could also make in sort that when a player is at 1 point of victory, "WTF???" and "Pure Luck Race" don't get to be played because it would be a gay win, no?

None.

Feb 2 2009, 2:53 am Decency Post #136

My only complaint is that the selection takes forever.

I'd like to see a best of X where it's randomized every time, I swear we spend more than half the game reading directions and going through the menu. Very bulky, and though it works well, it's too slow.

None.

Feb 2 2009, 3:25 am payne Post #137

Oh yeah! Maybe add a way of disabling the comments after each game and the rules of games?
Simply gives the name of each game when they are about to be played (and give, lets say, 2 second for reading the name?).
PLEASE :O

None.

Feb 2 2009, 4:58 am MillenniumArmy Post #138

Quote from name:FaZ-
I'd like to see a best of X where it's randomized every time, I swear we spend more than half the game reading directions and going through the menu. Very bulky, and though it works well, it's too slow.
Will become a game mode option. Always random, turn picking, host picks, or winner picks will be the options. Only disadvantage of this is you can't duel nor can you select games from the game packs.

Quote from payne
Oh yeah! Maybe add a way of disabling the comments after each game and the rules of games?
Simply gives the name of each game when they are about to be played (and give, lets say, 2 second for reading the name?).
PLEASE :O
Don't think that's possible. But also I think it's best to have a "wait period" after the winner for each mini-game is announced (cuz that's where people can actually have the time to interact, talk trash, or make remarks about their performances or w/e, which IMO is one of the funnest elements of the game.) Again, I think the selection
process takes the longest time so I will definitely add a "always random" mode.

None.

Feb 2 2009, 7:16 am UnholyUrine Post #139

you guys asking too much in terms of Aesthetics...
It's SC.. not mario party :C .. u can't have a practice mode.. or skip the reading...

Don't remove the text, since sm games depends on it to spread the units out more... Always random and etc. is going to be implemented as MA said...

Pwn him is such a lousy game name XD
EDIT: make it called "Killer Selection" .. lol actually that sux too...

How about.. Wheel of Misfortune? LOL hey that's good :P.. corny and cheesy enough to fit in ur game XD. (Altho may be too much text ><')

but w/e.. the game itself should be fun :P

None.

Feb 2 2009, 1:45 pm payne Post #140

No random #wins please! When players would select Always Random, you should allow them to choose the amount of wins they want.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 914 >
  Back to forum