OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I started, but I always start.

The issue is finishing.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jan 3 2009, 6:08 am ClansAreForGays Post #102

Quote from Kaias
Quote from Madroc
And it is definitely an RPG, as much as X-Men RPG or Crash RPG are RPGs, if you've ever played either of those.
I hardly count either of those as rpgs..
Thank god You're not the judge then.

Jan 3 2009, 6:14 am Echo Post #103

I'm not starting mine until I get into a good school and finish my semester in college. So that means I'll start in like June, more than enough for me.

None.

Jan 3 2009, 9:29 am Vrael Post #104

Quote from Norm
So, how many people have actually started this RPG? I have an amazing ~2% completed and i started Heavy Metal RPG last night =) PRODUCTION THREAD SOON!? I THINK SO!

Quote from Vrael
I started a map a while ago of a caliber I think consistent with what this contest wants to produce. I am pretty far in, though I am also pretty far from done. So far the map is 791KB with 1621 triggers as of last count, which should give you some idea of how far I've come, but I've only just started getting things done really. The first post said maps already in production are okay, but am I too far in? If I am allowed to enter, I would like to, with an entry called Tenebrous RPG.

I started :D

None.

Jan 3 2009, 9:47 am BlueFalcon Post #105

Thinking of doing this, but deciding on a completly solo RPG, or an OPEN RPG... If I go solo, it can be a true rpg with random damage, more unique spells, etc. I have started on a solo rpg, and I plan on it using a dark swarm system... don't put my name down though. I want it 25% done first. Otherwise I'll just be another person who drops out. :-P.

The solo rpg is going to be more like the game oblivion, where you can choose what you want, but in the end you can master ALL skills. Not sure what I plan to do with the OPEN Rpg, but I want there to be an "End Game" with random quests to encourage you to keep playing if you're not into the whole RP thing. As most open rpgs do require you to RP near the end to get much out of them...

I could always do both though O.o...

None.

Jan 3 2009, 3:28 pm fritfrat Post #106

I will work with someone else if they would like help.. especially with triggering, or just finishing :) I'll be able to put in most time durin the summer. Just PM or reply :)

None.

Jan 3 2009, 5:42 pm BlackWolf99 Post #107

Idk if this would count as an rpg
But the map is Intersection of Undead
You are sent to an intersection to defend for a certain amount of minutes.
There are different missions you can do
You can buy stuff to help against the zombie invasion
There are barricades that you can hide behind
You can use spells, like throw a grenade or some kind of marksman shot or w/e
You can pick up useful items that might fall from some zombie or is around the map

Iwants to enter but idk if this counts as an rpg

None.

Jan 3 2009, 7:46 pm UnholyUrine Post #108

I'm sure if you put a good storyline, it'd count... People'll keep the rpg theme in mind while judging anyway.

.. This sounds like something big. But with a whole year, I don't see myself starting.. since my maps are usually a Sudden Flare thing... :P.. and RPG's are extremely difficult to finish. I might just use my old rpg's =O (which i've never finished teehee)

None.

Jan 3 2009, 8:08 pm Shroomz Post #109

Hey i have no clue as to how I give minerals or even view the minerals I have. But according to msgs i recieved from cafg and moose I have 825 minerals total. Ill give it all into the pot cuz their useless to me. I just won them from the temple siege tournament and have no use for em. Tell me how I give it to the pot and Ill do it. Peace

None.

Jan 3 2009, 8:59 pm Kaias Post #110

Quote from UnholyUrine
I'm sure if you put a good storyline, it'd count... People'll keep the rpg theme in mind while judging anyway.

.. This sounds like something big. But with a whole year, I don't see myself starting.. since my maps are usually a Sudden Flare thing... :P.. and RPG's are extremely difficult to finish. I might just use my old rpg's =O (which i've never finished teehee)
Well, it doesn't have to take all year to make it, you just have all year to try it.
Quote from Shroomz
Hey i have no clue as to how I give minerals or even view the minerals I have. But according to msgs i recieved from cafg and moose I have 825 minerals total. Ill give it all into the pot cuz their useless to me. I just won them from the temple siege tournament and have no use for em. Tell me how I give it to the pot and Ill do it. Peace
You donate by sending to me, just click my name and to the right of my avatar in my profile page there is a link "Send Meh M1n3r4lz".

None.

Jan 3 2009, 9:42 pm BlackWolf99 Post #111

Add me to the current projects and rpgs page plz

None.

Jan 3 2009, 9:55 pm Kaias Post #112

Quote from BlackWolf99
Add me to the current projects and rpgs page plz
Done.

None.

Jan 3 2009, 11:25 pm BlackWolf99 Post #113

- BlackWolf99 - Unnamed Project

My project name is Intersection of the Undead

None.

Jan 4 2009, 12:03 am Tyr4nT Post #114

Okay, I got myself a name now; *shiny bling bling* Retribution RPG *shiny bling bling*.

None.

Jan 4 2009, 1:25 am BlueFalcon Post #115

Quote from name: BlackWolf99
Idk if this would count as an rpg
But the map is Intersection of Undead
You are sent to an intersection to defend for a certain amount of minutes.
There are different missions you can do
You can buy stuff to help against the zombie invasion
There are barricades that you can hide behind
You can use spells, like throw a grenade or some kind of marksman shot or w/e
You can pick up useful items that might fall from some zombie or is around the map

Iwants to enter but idk if this counts as an rpg

If you get upgrades from kills it fits into a general "RPG" theme. It doesn't have to have RPG in the name to be an RPG. Nor does it have to have character levels. I think what matters really is you are taking on a "Role" of some kind. AOS maps are technically RPGs. You grind on stuff, you level, you have a mission. You cast spells. What doesn't make this an rpg? I recently played one where it was a 3 v 3 wizard battle. 5 Tombs, about 6 spells per tomb. The casting system was awesome, and the spells were actually unique. Go with what YOU want to make. :mudkip:

None.

Jan 4 2009, 1:33 am Pigy_G Post #116

I recently played one where it was a 3 v 3 wizard battle. 5 Tombs, about 6 spells per tomb.

That sounds like TassadarZeratul's map. Is it?

None.

Jan 4 2009, 2:51 am BlueFalcon Post #117

Great Wizards 1.03 Tank-7 is the Author. Good map. Hope it wasn't stolen. :-/.

None.

Jan 4 2009, 3:01 am ForTheSwarm Post #118

It wasn't stolen. It just sounds like a map TZ is working on.

Pigy, TZ's map has 7 tomes with 4 spells per tome.

None.

Jan 4 2009, 5:28 am HailFire Post #119

First: RPG stands for Role-Playing Game. As long as you're playing a specified role, it's an RPG.

Second: Tank-7 is the original author of GW.

None.

Jan 4 2009, 6:50 am blacklight28 Post #120

I might join this contest... The only reason I wouldn't is because I might not finish it in time...

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 825 >
  Back to forum