Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: The Puzzle Topic
The Puzzle Topic
Nov 17 2008, 1:04 pm
By: Devourer
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 818 >

Nov 21 2008, 4:35 am A_of-s_t Post #101

aka idmontie

Quote from Vi3t-X
Such an object no matter how you drop, will not break.
Leave it be, perhaps with a liquid it will disintegrate.
Its obviously that sugar based wrapper for Stride(?) gum that disintegrates when chewed. Paper never breaks when you drop it and the sugar based paper dissolves with water.

My answer is right through the power of logic :P .

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Nov 21 2008, 10:36 am NudeRaider Post #102

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from A_of-s_t
Quote from Vi3t-X
Its obviously that sugar based wrapper for Stride(?) gum that disintegrates when chewed. Paper never breaks when you drop it and the sugar based paper dissolves with water.

Paper can break when you let it fall a high enough distance in a absolute vacuum.

Nov 21 2008, 12:36 pm Vi3t-X Post #103

Quote from A_of-s_t
Quote from Vi3t-X

Which is why logic makes you win. :omfg:

None.

Nov 22 2008, 8:34 pm A_of-s_t Post #104

aka idmontie

RIDDLE:

Three people check into a hotel. They pay £30 to the manager and go to their room. The manager suddenly remembers that the room rate is £25 and gives £5 to the bellboy to return to the people. On the way to the room the bellboy reasons that £5 would be difficult to share among three people so he pockets £2 and gives £1 to each person. Now each person paid £10 and got back £1. So they paid £9 each, totalling £27. The bellboy has £2, totalling £29. Where is the missing £1?

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Nov 22 2008, 9:28 pm NudeRaider Post #105

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

HAHA THATS SO FUNNY...
I WANTED TO POST THE EXACT SAME RIDDLE IF I HAD A CHANCE !!! :lol:
I'm not gonna post the answer to it. Would be lame.

Nov 22 2008, 9:38 pm MillenniumArmy Post #106

There is no missing dollar? The riddle was just worded horribly. Imagine there's only one man instead of three paying the bill. So this one man spent 30 dollars. Five was taken out and given to the bell boy (the manager has 25 at this point). The bellboy keeps two of the dollars and returns the three dollars to the one man. So this guy paid 30 dollars and got 3 back. The 27 dollars he did not get back were in the hands of the manager ($25) and the bellboy ($2).

None.

Nov 22 2008, 9:42 pm Vi3t-X Post #107

MA's right. :lol:

None.

Nov 22 2008, 9:44 pm Devourer Post #108

Hello

Quote from Vi3t-X
MA's right. :lol:

yep... My father already told me that puzzle :l

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Nov 22 2008, 10:43 pm NudeRaider Post #109

Here's how I would say it:
Well the thing is that this text confuses something:
The "tip" of the bellboy £2 and the roomprize of £25 are expenses while the 3x£1 is income.
That means the people have spent £30 and earned 3£ which is £27. The £2 tip is PART of these expenses.
You cannot add them again to the £27.

Nov 23 2008, 2:12 am A_of-s_t Post #110

aka idmontie

GO MA, your turn for a riddle.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Nov 23 2008, 5:58 am Greo Post #111

You've been sentenced to death in an obscure foreign country which has a strange law. Before the sentence is carried out, two papers -- one with "LIFE" written on it and one with "DEATH" written on it -- are folded up and placed in a hat. You are permitted to pick out one of the papers (without looking), and if you choose the one with "LIFE" written on it, you are set free. Otherwise, the death sentence is carried out. On this occasion, a mean-spirited acquaintance of yours, bent on your demise, has substituted the paper with "LIFE" written on it with another one with "DEATH" written on it. This person gleefully informs you of what he has done and that you are doomed to die. You are not permitted to speak to anyone about this misdeed, nor will you have a chance to switch the papers or the hat yourself in time. How will you avoid certain death?

None.

Nov 23 2008, 6:05 am Kaias Post #112

Quote from A_of-s_t
RIDDLE:

Three people check into a hotel. They pay £30 to the manager and go to their room. The manager suddenly remembers that the room rate is £25 and gives £5 to the bellboy to return to the people. On the way to the room the bellboy reasons that £5 would be difficult to share among three people so he pockets £2 and gives £1 to each person. Now each person paid £10 and got back £1. So they paid £9 each, totalling £27. The bellboy has £2, totalling £29. Where is the missing £1?
I had a girl pose this one to me. I recognized the error right off. She would not for anything in the world believe me when I spelled it out to her. She seems to think that there is no answer, its an unsolvable problem.

Ridiculous.

None.

Nov 23 2008, 6:08 am BiOAtK Post #113

Ask chuck norris to save you. WHERE IS YOUR LOGIC NOW?

None.

Nov 23 2008, 9:39 am NudeRaider Post #114

You take out one Paper and say this is NOT the one I pick and open it.

Another idea: You take both papers out the same time and open them simultaneously.

Nov 23 2008, 2:21 pm MadZombie Post #115

Tell your friend to go first?

Call immigration on yourself since you in some foreign land/country?

When you pick one, and the executioner asks you what you pulled you say "LIFE" and throw back the paper back in the hat. :ego:

None.

Nov 23 2008, 2:37 pm Riney Post #116

Thigh high affectionado

Knock out the executioner, grab his weapon, take a hostage, get a gun, work your way from there. Theres probably a 1 in a trillions odds that thisll succeed, but its worth a shot ;D

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Nov 23 2008, 3:06 pm Pigy_G Post #117

You strategically rip the paper while feeling around the hat, then spit on it to stick it back together forming the word LIFE.

EDIT: Or you just refuse to draw a paper, they can't make you :P

None.

Nov 23 2008, 3:21 pm Impeached Post #118

After you draw one of the papers, swallow it. The jailer will be forced to check the remaining paper to determine what the one you drew said. The jailer will of course see a paper with "DEATH" written on it, assume you drew the one with "LIFE" written on it, and set you free.

None.

Nov 23 2008, 3:25 pm A_of-s_t Post #119

aka idmontie

Quote from Impeached
After you draw one of the papers, swallow it. The jailer will be forced to check the remaining paper to determine what the one you drew said. The jailer will of course see a paper with "DEATH" written on it, assume you drew the one with "LIFE" written on it, and set you free.
Yup. He's got it.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Nov 23 2008, 3:49 pm Pigy_G Post #120

No way he thought of that, GOOGLER!

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 818 >
  Back to forum