Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Speed Mafia V: Return of the Deerwhale
Speed Mafia V: Return of the Deerwhale
Oct 30 2008, 1:52 am
By: Greo
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 618 >

Nov 2 2008, 1:05 am NudeRaider Post #61

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

its just a vote tally so we can see the current standings.
Ppl can still change their votes until day end.

If there should be a tie the deerwhale will decide the outcome. There will be no recount.

Nov 2 2008, 2:34 am Biophysicist Post #62

People post lists of who voted for who, but you can still change your vote until the day ends. The lists are just to make it easier for people.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see Nude's post because I clicked on the wrong page number. Plz to haz post deletion?

None.

Nov 2 2008, 2:42 am Ultraviolet Post #63

I believe the magnet clue only points to three people (potentially 5, if you include the headphones thing), with Epoch being by far the most likely. Unless someone can come up with a reason this interpretation is not good, I think we should follow it.

Nov 2 2008, 3:07 am Conspiracy Post #64

I abstain.

The problem with me arguing my innocence, would be the fact that it will make me look all the more like I am mafia.

Just remeber last game. A vote for me is a vote for a mistake ;)

None.

Nov 2 2008, 3:12 am Echo Post #65

I abstain, not enough clues.

None.

Nov 2 2008, 3:17 am Ultraviolet Post #66

Quote from name:Epoch
I abstain.

The problem with me arguing my innocence, would be the fact that it will make me look all the more like I am mafia.

Just remeber last game. A vote for me is a vote for a mistake ;)

What the hell kind of logic is that? Everyone argues their innocence. Regular townies don't just say "OH WELL I GIVE UP, LOL DON'T WANT TO LOOK LIKE A MAFIA BY CLAIMING THAT I'M INNOCENT WHEN I AM."

Nov 2 2008, 3:20 am NudeRaider Post #67

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Actually Epoch is one of the guys that the clue doesn't fit to.
His avatar shows a TFT (Laptop) which dont react to magnetic fields.

If you really want to know here's the people it could point to:
Echo
Me
Oyen
Paravin - atom bombs cause an EMP (electromagnetic pulse)
Shocko - electrical shocks are caused by electrical current which always means an electromagnetic field
Dark Marine - all this metal crap in his sig could be attracted by a magnet
Hug a zergling - a bucket (if made of iron) can be attracted by magnets
So how can you say any one of them is more likely than the rest? (Some are less likely though)

However I found something else:
Quote from Greo
He stood up from his desk, and after looking through a nearby file cabinet, flung a folder with many pictures on the table, and watched about 17 different pictures spill out.
- Oyen and Paravin have 18 and 17 minerals. (Oyen could have had 17 when Greo wrote the clue)
- The cross total of Epochs member ID is 17

The mineral thingy is pretty weak imo because (i hope) Greo wouldn't base clues of things that can change any minute.
However the cross total has some weight.

Quote from Greo
"You are NOT PREPARED," Greo shouted out, having modified the situation to his favor.
Phobos is a modder.
It took me 3 times to read this passage until I realized that using "modified" is a bit out of place here. -.-

Nov 2 2008, 3:20 am Greo Post #68

Quote from Echo
I abstain, not enough clues.
There's actually quite a lot of clues. You just don't read into them well enough.

None.

Nov 2 2008, 3:24 am Ultraviolet Post #69

Sure it would have some weight if the number of people playing wasn't 17. That's all the 17 points to, I'm fairly certain. You get too technical with clues, I doubt Greo is saying "Oh, but laptop screens don't react to magnets!" when he is making the clues. I'm guessing he sees a monitor and he's like "o lol, monitors get fucked up by magnets."

Nov 2 2008, 3:28 am Vi3t-X Post #70

Inbox cleared, send pm.

None.

Nov 2 2008, 3:31 am NudeRaider Post #71

Alright it's hard to tell how techy or math afflicted Greo is when making clues. Lets just say we have 2 potential clues here. Still I'd like some more evidence. Someone?

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
Sure it would have some weight if the number of people playing wasn't 17. That's all the 17 points to, I'm fairly certain.
???
Epochs member ID = 1538. 1 + 5 + 3 + 8 = 17. What does that have to do with number of players?
And why the heck would he tell us how many players there are in a clue post? o.O

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 2 2008, 3:38 am by NudeRaider.

Nov 2 2008, 3:42 am Ultraviolet Post #72

Quote from NudeRaider
Alright it's hard to tell how techy or math afflicted Greo is when making clues. Lets just say we have 2 potential clues here. Still I'd like some more evidence. Someone?

Sure it would have some weight if the number of people playing wasn't 17. That's all the 17 points to, I'm fairly certain.
???
Epochs member ID = 1538. 1 + 5 + 3 + 8 = 17. What does that have to do with number of players?
And why the heck would he tell us how many players there are in a clue post? o.O

Because the 17 pictures were clearly a reference to the people playing the game.

Nov 2 2008, 3:59 am NudeRaider Post #73

Because the 17 pictures were clearly a reference to the people playing the game.
omg yes. You're probably right. Sry for me being a little slow. Its late - 5am.

Well another clue against Epoch shattered.

But I have to agree that your logic is flawed, Epoch.
What do you think we think if you don't say you're not Mafia?!
Referencing to old games does not work because new roles have been given out.

Nov 2 2008, 4:18 am Conspiracy Post #74

Touche.

Give me a bit of time to analyze clues...

If there is one thing im good at, it is determining personalities...

Collapse Box

Personality references to clues... don't know if they are meant to be in Mafia, but I have to throw something out there..

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 2 2008, 4:37 am by Epoch.

None.

Nov 2 2008, 4:42 am HailFire Post #75

I abstain, not enough time/motivation to analyze clues tonight.

None.

Nov 2 2008, 4:46 am Ultraviolet Post #76

I would say that personality references can come into play, but aren't the primary sources for clues. Also, we don't know much about the personal lives of each other here (for the most part). We know how people act on the forums, though. So, things like flaming a lot might come into play, but being forgetful probably would not. Overall, avatars/signatures/forum topics/etc are more usual clues, at least in my experience. You also didn't actually point out any people (with the exception of a hinting towards Echo) those personality clues could point to. I have no idea who they might point to.

Nov 2 2008, 4:51 am Conspiracy Post #77

Well, you could observe these personality traits in people other ways...

Clue 1, my 'meticulous idea', could be observed in someones map. If they have comments and specifically arranged in a certain way, one could say they are meticulous..

Clue 2, Mr. Know it all, I mean come on, someone that answers A LOT of questions...

Clue 3, Echo.

Clue 4, Swing in their favor, you know, like a bad sport, they will gloat if they win, or be a bad sport, blame hacking or cheats, or will resort to exploits in the map to swing things in their favor...

Clue 5, Someone who forgets often, such as someone who forgets their part in a map project or mod project.

Its not that hard, if you need more ideas I will be happy to give more examples.

None.

Nov 2 2008, 4:55 am Ultraviolet Post #78

Clue 2, Mr. Know it all, I mean come on, someone that answers A LOT of questions...

Clue 4, Swing in their favor, you know, like a bad sport, they will gloat if they win, or be a bad sport, blame hacking or cheats, or will resort to exploits in the map to swing things in their favor...

Both of these made me think of Falkoner.. too bad he's not playing. Unfortunately, I think that usually mafia clues just aren't personality based. It's easier for a clue maker to look at someone's avatar and make a reference or something.

Nov 2 2008, 4:58 am Conspiracy Post #79

...make a reference or something...

Clue 1-5 can be referenced to someone... wether it be inside the forum, or in SC, or maybe even real life (<--- :crazy: I know, bad word)

But...

...His avatar shows a TFT (Laptop) which dont react to magnetic fields.

See? He knew something we didn't?

Paravin - atom bombs cause an EMP (electromagnetic pulse)
Shocko - electrical shocks are caused by electrical current which always means an electromagnetic field...

Plus, it would have to be electromagnetic, and a huge ass electromagnetic field for that matter, because he pushed a button, which would activate the electricity to flow through the coils, forming an electromagnetic field.

None.

Nov 2 2008, 5:03 am Ultraviolet Post #80

Greo was the one using the magnetic field, not the mafia. I don't know if Greo makes sure his clues are only projected onto the actual mafia or not, but I usually try to assume that unless I know otherwise.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 618 >
  Back to forum