Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Speed Mafia II: Zerg Rush Kekeke ^_^;;
Speed Mafia II: Zerg Rush Kekeke ^_^;;
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Oct 3 2008, 12:30 am
By: Lingie
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 613 >

Oct 3 2008, 5:29 am Ultraviolet Post #61

I feel I should share this conversation devilesk and I had with you. If it's too long and you get bored, you can go to the end of my post where I give a tl;dr version of it.

Conversation between devilesk and I

tl;dr version: The gist of it is that devilesk is acting really oddly, and his logic sucks. He flips back and forth a lot, and just generally doesn't make a lot of sense. I decided to bring it to you guys and see what you think.

Edit: Obviously, at this point I am thinking devilesk is somewhat incompetent to be mayor. I begin my campaign again, with the added bonus of knowing I have a good role.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 3 2008, 5:34 am by NerdyTerdy.

Oct 3 2008, 5:34 am Demented Shaman Post #62

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
I feel I should share this conversation devilesk and I had with you. If it's too long and you get bored, you can go to the end of my post where I give a tl;dr version of it.

tl;dr version: The gist of it is that devilesk is acting really oddly, and his logic sucks. He flips back and forth a lot, and just generally doesn't make a lot of sense. I decided to bring it to you guys and see what you think.
Here's the summary guys.

Elect Nerdy for mayor because he's a detective and you obviously want the detective to be mayor and then lynch me because I won't reveal my role and that means I'm mafia.

BTW I noticed Nerdy left out the whole beginning of the convo.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 3 2008, 5:42 am by Mayor.

None.

Oct 3 2008, 5:45 am Ultraviolet Post #63

We were just discussing that. He apparently thinks it's more important than I did. I also wasn't intent on revealing my role just yet, but as devilesk has done that for me, I suppose that's what I'm stuck with. As that is the case, I cannot really step down from running for mayor at this point.

Oct 3 2008, 5:49 am Demented Shaman Post #64

We were just discussing that. He apparently thinks it's more important than I did. I also wasn't intent on revealing my role just yet, but as devilesk has done that for me, I suppose that's what I'm stuck with. As that is the case, I cannot really step down from running for mayor at this point.
Note that I don't even trust that Nerdy is what he says he is and that I brought that up in the convo.

Here's some more to think about

None.

Oct 3 2008, 5:50 am Ultraviolet Post #65

Notice that he doesn't explain the proof. Because it is not a proof. He tries to intimidate people into thinking that he knows something he doesn't, or that something that isn't necessarily true is. Do not fall for his deceit.

Oct 3 2008, 5:58 am Demented Shaman Post #66

Notice that he doesn't explain the proof. Because it is not a proof. He tries to intimidate people into thinking that he knows something he doesn't, or that something that isn't necessarily true is. Do not fall for his deceit.
I didn't respond because the proof is self evident. I was pointing out the fact that what you just said just proves the point I was trying to make earlier about why I did not give out my role which was for the exact reason you stated hence your statement proves my point.

A better word would be "justify" but the effect of your quote and the point I'm making is the same. You're just nitpicking about words and definitions.

So yes, it's obvious it's not a proof. It was obvious I made an error in the choice of words, but I thought you would be intelligent enough to replace the word and fill in the blank. I guess it was my fault for assuming you were intelligent enough to find the real meaning behind my statement and look beyond small errors.

Everything I said above was what I would have said right after in that conversation had I cared at the time to address Nerdy's silly nitpick. However, I have just addressed it here and the rest of Nerdy's recent post now becomes meaningless. I am not trying to deceive, but it seems like he is. For example, the fact that Nerdy blatantly leaves out the beginning of the conversation as well as trying to withhold information about his role, which I have already stated affects the interpretation of our conversation because I had that knowledge the whole time and I am misrepresented if the audience doesn't know that information as well when they are reading the conversation.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 3 2008, 6:03 am by Mayor.

None.

Oct 3 2008, 5:58 am InsolubleFluff Post #67

I read the whole of Nerdy's version, but I had already made my mind up by that point. Your argument was silly and you put a lot of doubt in the town, you in my opinion are less likely to lead us to victory then Devilesk, so I will be maintaining my vote of Devilesk for Mayor.

None.

Oct 3 2008, 5:59 am Ultraviolet Post #68

When being mayor is assured (meaning you'll be safe with bodyguards, and die without no matter what) then that does not apply. My position as mayor was not and is not guaranteed. At the time yours was. Until you started acting weird I supported you.

Quote from name:Shocko
I read the whole of Nerdy's version, but I had already made my mind up by that point. Your argument was silly and you put a lot of doubt in the town, you in my opinion are less likely to lead us to victory then Devilesk, so I will be maintaining my vote of Devilesk for Mayor.

Care to explain WHY my argument is silly?

Oct 3 2008, 6:05 am Demented Shaman Post #69

I would also like to point out that Nerdy's style of argumentation closely resembles what he just did in mafia 8. He was able to worm his way out of getting lynched by repeatedly attacking arguments with his own false arguments which "seem" valid, but in reality aren't. He will also continue to say the same thing over again.

It's statements like these that remind me of mafia 8.

None.

Oct 3 2008, 6:08 am KrayZee Post #70

Quote from name:Mayor
NerdyTerdy campaigned through PMs can got rid of an Elder. :flamer:

None.

Oct 3 2008, 6:11 am Demented Shaman Post #71

Quote from KrayZee
Yes, he did that too and I'm sure he will try to communicate with everyone playing here as well to get them to vote for him. However, I was just referring to the posts trying to defend himself in the mafia 8 topic.

None.

Oct 3 2008, 6:13 am Ultraviolet Post #72

Quote from name:mayor
I would also like to point out that Nerdy's style of argumentation closely resembles what he just did in mafia 8. He was able to worm his way out of getting lynched by repeatedly attacking arguments with his own false arguments which "seem" valid, but in reality aren't. He will also continue to say the same thing over again.

This is not mafia 8. You claim my arguments are invalid, but give no references. You obstinately refuse to provide evidence. I don't even think this has any relevance to mafia, it's just a poor character trait. But until you choose to fix it your arguments will hold no bearing. An argument without evidence is not an argument.

Quote from KrayZee

DTBK's aggressive pursuit of me caused me to take my only route of defense, which unfortunately resulted in the lynching of an elder. But the way DTBK was playing he wasn't being helpful to the town. I wish he would get past whatever grudge he has with me and start working with me, but he won't. Anyway, this is not mafia 8, so this is irrelevant.

Quote from KrayZee
Yes, he did that too and I'm sure he will try to communicate with everyone playing here as well to get them to vote for him. However, I was just referring to the posts trying to defend himself in the mafia 8 topic.

You all act as if PMing people is a form of deception. It's not, and THIS IS NOT MAFIA 8. Jesus Christ.

Oct 3 2008, 6:19 am Demented Shaman Post #73

This is not mafia 8. You claim my arguments are invalid, but give no references. You obstinately refuse to provide evidence. I don't even think this has any relevance to mafia, it's just a poor character trait. But until you choose to fix it your arguments will hold no bearing. An argument without evidence is not an argument.

Quote from KrayZee

DTBK's aggressive pursuit of me caused me to take my only route of defense, which unfortunately resulted in the lynching of an elder. But the way DTBK was playing he wasn't being helpful to the town. I wish he would get past whatever grudge he has with me and start working with me, but he won't. Anyway, this is not mafia 8, so this is irrelevant.

Quote from KrayZee

You all act as if PMing people is a form of deception. It's not, and THIS IS NOT MAFIA 8. Jesus Christ.
Broken record. More of the same. Blah blah blah.

None.

Oct 3 2008, 6:23 am Ultraviolet Post #74

The same could be said of you, devilesk. You present no logic. You are encouraging voters to not vote logically. I ask why someone votes the way they did and you make a reference to mafia 8, which you previously referenced as being full of false arguments provided by me. I fail to see how you would explain a question as a false argument. I simply would like him to justify his reasoning, so as to prove that he actually has reasoning.

I'd also like to point out that this is not a black and white mayoral election. There is a third possible candidate: Dapperdan. While he has been inactive thus far, if he comes back, he may well be a good choice. While I'll be screwed, devilesk, who has appeared fairly suspicious, will not be mayor. Overall this is a tricky situation though. If we elect a mafia mayor we are likely to be screwed. Not a great situation.

Oct 3 2008, 6:24 am Echo Post #75

Vote for Echo!
I'm a regular everyday normal guy!

None.

Oct 3 2008, 6:36 am Ultraviolet Post #76

My whole point is that the mayor's role must be stated. Preferably a special role mayor (one that there only existed one of), that way if the mayor is lying about his role, the person who actually has said role can speak up and the mayor will be proven mafia. The mayoral position is too powerful to let fall into mafia hands. devilesk refuses to give his role, and as such cannot be assumed to have any particularly useful powers, or even to necessarily be innocent.

Oct 3 2008, 6:37 am InsolubleFluff Post #77

I just thought the whole argument was silly...
if you dare try to PM me with propaganda i'll just block you :/?

None.

Oct 3 2008, 6:45 am Ultraviolet Post #78

I don't PM anyone trying to harass them, I simply PM them to try to bring my point to their attention (which is why it's such a successful tactic). I wish you wouldn't close your mind to my words.

Oct 3 2008, 6:47 am Riney Post #79

Thigh high affectionado

I vote for Nerdy.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Oct 3 2008, 6:48 am InsolubleFluff Post #80

basically nerdy take me off the list of people you spread propaganda too, because i wont listen :/

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 613 >
  Back to forum