Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Mechwarrior RPG 2: Mercenaries
Mechwarrior RPG 2: Mercenaries
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 14 2007, 3:00 pm
By: Grand_dracolich  

Sep 14 2007, 3:00 pm Grand_dracolich Post #1

Based quite heavily on Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries, Mechwarrior RPG 2: Mercenaries is much like a mix between MWRPG 1 and Mechanogears. Two teams of two players buy and sell mechs, salvage destroyed enemy mechs, and attack enemy bases and patrols. There will be one computer player per team throwing random attacks and controlling bases (much like in Mechanogears).

It'll have all the features of Mechwarrior RPG, with the added ability to buy mechs, sells mechs and randomly salvage destroyed mechs. It won't have a set-in-stone objective system like in MWRPG1.

The only problem I have is that I can't really terrain for it, so I need someone to do it for me. I also need someone to make the computer players act relatively intelligently to where they aren't throwing waves of units at enemy bases like in mechanogears, but instead throwing attacks at bases randomly. I'll work out the random salvage myself with a very efficient kills to cash system a friend of mine worked out. I'll also do all the main triggers. Unfortunately, there are onnly roughly 50 locations left.

Please don't take this as a pitiful request for people to do most of the work. I can terrain, but i'm not great at it, and I could eventually figure out the computer AI, but I'm working on a massive project at the moment that'll probably be finished by the time the terrain/AI is done. I'd say the map is about 10% done.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 14 2007, 3:15 pm by Grand_dracolich.

None.

Sep 14 2007, 3:21 pm ATG Post #2

pic plz?

None.

Sep 14 2007, 3:30 pm Grand_dracolich Post #3

It's not nearly at that point yet. I wouldn't've even posted about this until I had something more substantial.

None.

Sep 19 2007, 12:52 am Esponeo Post #4

It's not nearly at that point yet. I wouldn't've even posted about this until I had something more substantial.
If it isn't at that point yet, why are you posting anything? I am closing this topic. Feel free to make a new topic when you have a real map to talk about.

None.

Options
  Back to forum