HalfDead
Sep 16 2008, 5:24 am
By: Neptune
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Oct 4 2008, 5:51 pm stickynote Post #41

Your armors set the shield energy higher, but the screenies have the max shield points at 0. How do you make it more than the max? Set it to 300%?

None.

Oct 4 2008, 6:05 pm Neptune Post #42

Quote from stickynote
Your armors set the shield energy higher, but the screenies have the max shield points at 0. How do you make it more than the max? Set it to 300%?

Very good question.

Actually when the screen shots were taken, the body armor triggers weren't done.

None.

Oct 4 2008, 7:47 pm stickynote Post #43

So there is going to be a max of 3 shield?

None.

Oct 5 2008, 3:12 am Neptune Post #44

Quote from stickynote
So there is going to be a max of 3 shield?

yes, 3 types of body armor.

None.

Oct 5 2008, 3:10 pm Pigy_G Post #45

STOP BEING AFK!!

None.

Oct 5 2008, 3:24 pm Vi3t-X Post #46

Its Bioject.
He always WILL be afk.

None.

Oct 7 2008, 3:12 am Neptune Post #47

Quote from Pigy_G
STOP BEING AFK!!

how am I supposed to work?

BTW you can test the map WHEN it's testable. i only got a few doors working right now, i'm working on OTHER things

None.

Oct 9 2008, 9:55 am Devourer Post #48

Hello

Quote from Neptune
HalfDead

Publisher: Bioject & Epoch

Type: Horror RPG

Tile Set: Installation

Map Size: 256x256

Players: 4

Computers: 2

Release Date: October 31st

**The stuff you will read about, is all the stuff I have done and added to the map**

Story: Coming Soon...

Game Settings: The game will take place in a giant mysterious mansion. The mansion is made up of rooms and doors, full of items and surprises. You will not be forced in the same direction as the other players, or be pushed in only one direction. Much like RE: One you will have the option to split a part from the other players and go far into your own direction. Only this building will be much larger. None of the rooms will look the same, to prevent the game from being repetitive. The halls of the mansion will be very thick, to prevent players from feeling crowded, or disabling their maneuvering skills, but also added objects such as pillars to blind you from seeing too far down the hall, so that enemies can still catch you by surprise.

Game Play: This game will feature a very unique style of shooting. You will be a Dark Archon, you will be using mind control to fire. Despite the fact it's a funny unit to be using during a horror game, it can maneuver quite well AND the mc is a great add to the fun factor. The shooting system will be used for almost everything. You will be able to shoot zombies, locks off doors, explosive canisters, switches, and even use this to solve a few puzzles! And you will also be able to switch weapons without having to switch units. The damage, radius, attack fire, reload speed, splash, and capacity will all be determined with what weapon you are using. And ammo will be scarce.

The Enemies: The enemies will have virtual HP, and their health points will be random. Every time you kill a zombie a hidden timer for that zombie will activate and that zombie will randomly spawn in a different location and re-randomize its HP. Zombies will spawn all across the mansion and start hunting you, the zombies will not feel so constant, but feel very random. Zombies will not spawn on top of you within a 40x40 location, or while you're in the location for various reasons, one being who wants to be killed by a zombie who spawned on them? And also to prevent the cheesyness of the game, how scary would the game be if you could see where they spawned? Once a zombie spawns he will instantly randomly hunt any near by player down, and will be able to pass through several doors till it gets to them. Just imagine seeing a door open in the distant and thinking "friend or foe?". I believe this will add to the tension of the game. Also because of the enemies A.I there will be no safe haven in this game, so you'll have to use your pause's wisely. The A.I and map layout work hand and hand, zombies can easily come out from around any corner or shadowy place such as pillars in the middle of hall ways, will no doubt catch players off guard. The game starts out with 6 zombies, and as you proceed through the game it will gradually get harder, eventually earning you up to 26 zombies at a time.

Weapons:

Handgun: One of the most common and efficient side arms used in combat. A man’s REAL best friend.

Damage: 4 UPG: +2
Capacity: 18 UPG: +4
Reload: 2.5 secs.

Shotgun: A devastatingly powerful weapon that fires off 2 rounds that explode into its target in a most satisfying manner.

Damage: 4.5x2 UPG: +2
Capacity: 12 UPG: +2
Reload: 0.4 secs per bullet.

Precision Rifle: A semi automatic weapon that fires off in bursts of 3, equivalently doing 3x its normal damage and tearing through its target with precise accuracy.

Damage: 2 UPG: +1
Capacity: 36 UPG: +6
Reload: 4.5 secs.

Machine Gun: This fully automatic weapon fires 12 9mm rounds in a second. Anyone who crosses a user with one of these.. would have separate burials.

Damage: 1 UPG: +0.5
Capacity: 100 UPG: +40
Reload: 3.5 secs.

Sniper Rifle: This rifle is attached with a scope to hit targets from afar with ease. Each bullet piercing through multiple enemies, doing a significant amount of damage.

Damage: 15 UPG: +4
Capacity: 4 UPG: +1
Reload: 4.8 secs.

Magnum: ***Coming Soon***

Body Armors:

Bullet Proof Vest- Reduces damage by 10%
Body Armor- Reduces damage by 20%
Advanced Ballistic Armor- Reduces damage by 30%

Notice: Armors will only be activated if the player has the armor in his/her inventory. The armors will take up 2 slots. Since you're a dark archon, the body armor will increase your shield energy points, greatly reducing the damage done to you. Depending on the armor you have equipped, the shield will either increase or decrease. You can discard the armor if you would rather have the inventory space and the shield energy will go back to 0.

Items and inventory: The inventory will be a terran drop ship, capable of holding up to 8 items. However, the weapons will take up 2 spaces, to prevent you from having an arsenal of weapons in your inventory. But items such as health will take up 1 slot. Each gun will require its own type of ammo, and ammo will not take up inventory space. Instead it will all be in the games memory by adding/subtracting unit deaths. If you reload with 3 bullets (just an example) still in the barrel, those remaining bullets will be recycled and NOT be put to waste. The reloading is very simple, simply move the inventory (drop ship), and the reloading trigger will commence. Because the enemies continue to spawn, so will the items. This method takes 1 location, and this location centers on burrowed lings owned by player 9, randomizes, then gives to player 10. repeat. There are going to be a lot of items, so it will all be random, and to keep it scarce, there will be a 1 of 10 chance an item will even spawn. and about a good 3 minutes before the items respawn again. items will not spawn if you're in the room, or if there is already an item there. So you may have to search rooms over again, if you need equipment.

Items:

*Hand gun bullets
*Machine gun bullets
*Shotgun rounds
*Sniper rounds
*Precision rifle bullets
*Magnum bullets
*Med-kit
*Body armor
*more coming soon*

First picture is a very dark and eerie room with a table.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=123xhnb&s=4

Second picture is a brighter room that leads into the basement. ...with a toilet in the middle. (joke)
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=sxi3rk&s=4

Third picture is a unique looking bridge with lots of lights.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=14lsj79&s=4

fourth picture is a fan room, with a sign on the door. (sign says.. "GTFO")
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2qj9a9t&s=4

fifth picture is of me blowing a zombie half to hell with the shotgun. (beautiful effect)
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2qxc7dz&s=4

Weird tile set i'm working on, it just needs patching up before release.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34hevqs&s=4

Smile cane, you're on camera!
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=24ltxk1&s=4

A cobble stone hallway
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2z7o1s7&s=4

These numbers... I wonder what they could mean?
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=mjpbfp&s=4

Something you don't see every day...
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=122d89t&s=4

give me your feed back and I'm always up to hear peoples ideas and opinions on something.

sounds lot of fun! but a DarkArchon isnt really a human :D
well a good feature in SC2 that you can give spells to other units ;)

the terrain is cool :D

cant wait to see it.....
some of my friends are zombies/undead freaks, so they will also live the map, im sure :P

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 9 2008, 5:26 pm Pigy_G Post #49

I'm thinking about bailing on crypt.. I dunno though. its about 25/35% done..

I must play this map, i've developed a itch on my right mouse hand in the anticipation of killing zombies.

zombies..
zombies...
ZOMBIeHSZZ@!+!

None.

Oct 10 2008, 12:59 pm Neptune Post #50

sounds lot of fun! but a DarkArchon isnt really a human
well a good feature in SC2 that you can give spells to other units

the terrain is cool

cant wait to see it.....
some of my friends are zombies/undead freaks, so they will also live the map, im sure

Yeah you kind of have to use your imagination on the dark archon. You say you can give any unit spells? ..that's awesome.. mappers could do a lot with that!

thanks for the comment

None.

Oct 13 2008, 11:19 am JaFF Post #51

I liked the 'Smile Cane' screenshot because I never knew you could insert groups of floor tiles into the plate like that. I like how it looks. But a lot of that terrain is awfully blocky and hurts my eyes though.

Good luck with the map, it sounds fun.

None.

Oct 13 2008, 3:10 pm FooFighters Post #52

Sign me up as a beta tester, your maps are the best in this world, and i love anything that has to do with zombies!
And, i can only be on monday - thursday at 9:00 to 10:00, and weekends, random times, so, i hope i can test it whenever we're both on, and your testing...

None.

Oct 15 2008, 12:56 am Neptune Post #53

Quote from JaFF
I liked the 'Smile Cane' screenshot because I never knew you could insert groups of floor tiles into the plate like that. I like how it looks. But a lot of that terrain is awfully blocky and hurts my eyes though.

Good luck with the map, it sounds fun.

awfully blocky? which pic is blocky expect the ONE room I was currently working on? I will glady fix it.

None.

Oct 15 2008, 11:52 am JaFF Post #54

Besides that, the second and the third.

None.

Oct 15 2008, 4:51 pm Neptune Post #55

Quote from JaFF

That doesn't answer my question..

None.

Oct 15 2008, 7:42 pm lil-Inferno Post #56

Just here for the pie

I'd like to be a beta tester :D.

Oct 15 2008, 8:12 pm Conspiracy Post #57

Back of lil >:o hes mine!

None.

Oct 16 2008, 11:11 am JaFF Post #58

Quote from Neptune
Quote from JaFF

Your question was 'which pic is blocky expect the ONE room I was currently working on?'.

The second and the third pictures are blocky. If you want to know how to fix them - I can't help you there as I'm not on my usual comp.

None.

Oct 16 2008, 1:47 pm USS Cane Post #59

Beta tests over?

None.

Oct 16 2008, 4:51 pm Neptune Post #60

Quote from JaFF
Quote from Neptune
Quote from JaFF

Your question was 'which pic is blocky expect the ONE room I was currently working on?'.

The second and the third pictures are blocky. If you want to know how to fix them - I can't help you there as I'm not on my usual comp.

I'll look into it, thanks

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum