Water Quality Modeling
Introductory Geometics
Biological System Instrumentation
Senior Design
Communication for Engineering/Technology
Web Page Development
FE Exam Prep
Marching Band

Holy fuck, I'm taking 8 classes. 18 Hours, but 2 of those are bs (marching band/web page).

MA, I'm surprised you have min/max hours like that. Ours are anywhere from 12-21, I think. The 5 year plan is so nice. If you ever have to take statics/thermodynamics, make sure you get a decent teacher, and drop it if you don't understand it or do poorly on the first test. They only get harder. The second time around, it's much easier.
Hmmm what is your major?

And yea, the min max hours thing sucks. Our graduation plan is 4 years, but many people take an extra semester or two, because a lot of us plan on getting minors in other things like Business Foundations.
I've been done with statics for a while, same with other engineering mechanics courses (i loved them :)); i literally know them inside out. As for thermodynamics, we only have one professor/time who teaches it but he should be a good person (he originally taught at Cornell).

Quote from Rantent
CHEM 331 Physical Chemistry
CHEM 402 Inorganic Chemistry
CHEM 324 Organic Chemistry Lab
ENGL 200 World Literature
PHIL 322 Ethics

I'm taking it light this year (15 credits) because I also hold a job and wish to conduct some research. (Although I'm going to miss having a math class. :( )
P.S. Guess My Major.
I hear that Chemical Engineers are a bunch of noobs. Especially ones from Alaska.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 9 2008, 8:24 am by MillenniumArmy.

None.

Sep 9 2008, 8:54 am The Great Yam Post #22

Everyone here is doing Calculus or pre-Calculus... I'm still doing Geometry. I'm a Junior this year, but I'm probably way behind in math and science.

Sometimes the whole "work at your own pace" part of my school isn't the greatest. Anyways...

Geometry
Language Arts
Literature (Reading a really shitty book right now)
Civics
Health
Biology

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 9 2008, 9:06 am by The Great Yam.

None.

Sep 9 2008, 8:57 am Ultraviolet Post #23

Junior year High School

Semester 1
AP English III/AP US History
AP Physics/AP Enviro Science
AP Calculus/AP Art History
Spanish IV Honors

Semester 2
Same
Same
Same
Computer Engineering Technology (My one easy class this year)

For some reason my school converted like every class to AB schedule this year. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Ironically enough, out of all these classes, Spanish IV is the hardest for me.

Sep 9 2008, 9:08 am The Great Yam Post #24

Is it just that everyone else here is some kind of Math Genius and I'm a complete dolt, or am I really being given classwork below grade level?

None.

Sep 9 2008, 9:19 am Doodan Post #25

Quote from The Great Yam
Is it just that everyone else here is some kind of Math Genius and I'm a complete dolt, or am I really being given classwork below grade level?

I was wondering the same thing...

I barely survived Algebra II (well... I scored well, but the experience was traumatizing). I thought Geometry was fun. I never took Calc or Trig or any kind of Computer programming or coding class. Of course, such computer courses probably weren't commonplace in schools 7 or 8 years ago.

What can I say? I'm an ARTEEST!

None.

Sep 9 2008, 10:12 am EzDay281 Post #26

Could be the school. Mine hardly provides AP classes, so far's I know, and getting the classes I insist on cuts out just about any decent things I could take. Science here is a waste of time; never gets bloody anywhere.
I was going to take pre-calc or trig this year, but blaaaargle my schedule is just so fucked. Dx
I barely survived Algebra II
Don't know how common the experience is, but one of my friends that graduated last year mentioned that he also had issues with Algebra II, yet that Trig didn't give him any problems. Hm.

My schedule is lame. D:
A day:
1. Senior Portfolios/Advanced Multimedia ( basically, do-what-you-like art class with mostly, though not just, lots of computer equipment and software available )
2. Same as above ( the school providing this class only allows two-period sessions )
3. Honors English
4. Weight Training
B day:
5. Honors Chemistry ( I take this at Farty's school! :D )
6. Psychology ( same as above )
7. Computer Programming I ( Java, takes place at the same school as periods 1/2 )
8. Oracle Database Programming

None.

Sep 9 2008, 10:31 am Ultraviolet Post #27

Quote from The Great Yam

Meh, I've always been good at math, but I would imagine that you would do just fine in pre-calc or calc. I flew through pre-calc, never doing my homework, and calc appears as if it's going to be much the same.

Quote from EzDay281
Could be the school. Mine hardly provides AP classes, so far's I know, and getting the classes I insist on cuts out just about any decent things I could take. Science here is a waste of time; never gets bloody anywhere.
I was going to take pre-calc or trig this year, but blaaaargle my schedule is just so fucked. Dx
Don't know how common the experience is, but one of my friends that graduated last year mentioned that he also had issues with Algebra II, yet that Trig didn't give him any problems. Hm.

My schedule is lame. D:
A day:
1. Senior Portfolios/Advanced Multimedia ( basically, do-what-you-like art class with mostly, though not just, lots of computer equipment and software available )
2. Same as above ( the school providing this class only allows two-period sessions )
3. Honors English
4. Weight Training
B day:
7. Computer Programming I ( Java, takes place at the same school as periods 1/2 )

Algebra II was a breeze for me, although my teacher hated me. What grade are you in Ez?

Sep 9 2008, 2:30 pm rockz Post #28

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from MillenniumArmy
Hmmm what is your major?

And yea, the min max hours thing sucks. Our graduation plan is 4 years, but many people take an extra semester or two, because a lot of us plan on getting minors in other things like Business Foundations.
I've been done with statics for a while, same with other engineering mechanics courses (i loved them :)); i literally know them inside out. As for thermodynamics, we only have one professor/time who teaches it but he should be a good person (he originally taught at Cornell).

biological engineering - environmental. we get all the civil engineers who realize all they're going to be doing is waste water treatment, and also those whose major gpa sucks due to the terrible five (statics/dynamics/thermo/fluids/solids).

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Sep 9 2008, 2:46 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #29

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
Quote from The Great Yam

Meh, I've always been good at math, but I would imagine that you would do just fine in pre-calc or calc. I flew through pre-calc, never doing my homework, and calc appears as if it's going to be much the same.

Quote from EzDay281

My schedule is lame. D:
A day:
3. Honors English
4. Weight Training
B day:

Algebra II was a breeze for me, although my teacher hated me. What grade are you in Ez?

haha just wait. I cruised through it w/o doing homework for the first semseter with A's, but second semester you're gonna wish you did your homework haha. Hence why I have to take it again cause I got a 3 on ap test.

None.

Sep 9 2008, 2:49 pm Dapperdan Post #30

Quote from The Great Yam

Well, I took Geometry freshman year. However, that's because I took Pre-Algebra in 7th grade and then Algebra in 8th grade. So I'm part of the group of many kids that are essentially a year ahead at my school and end up reaching Calculus. (the other way to get ahead is to double up with Geometry/Algebra II sophomore year) A lot of the kids here are probably similarly a year ahead (Nerdy is like 2 years ahead). But also, you're a year behind what you probably could be. An average 4 year math set up would be Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, and then Pre Calc. (at least that I know of...)

Quote from Rantent
CHEM 331 Physical Chemistry
CHEM 402 Inorganic Chemistry
CHEM 324 Organic Chemistry Lab
ENGL 200 World Literature
PHIL 322 Ethics

I'm taking it light this year (15 credits) because I also hold a job and wish to conduct some research. (Although I'm going to miss having a math class. :( )
P.S. Guess My Major.

Marketing?

None.

Sep 9 2008, 7:12 pm MasterJohnny Post #31

Quote from The Great Yam
I consider myself to a math failure because I am in trig and not calculus :><:

I am a Mathematician

Sep 9 2008, 8:36 pm Kaias Post #32

In Kindergarten each kid was paired with a 6th grader to be 'buddies'. Essentially they'd come in occasionally and do some activity with the Kindergartners. I happen to be assigned two 6th grade 'buddies' when I was a kindergartner. Well one time we played chess with our buddies and I beat both of mine. This, the fact that I was the only one who knew how to count infinitely high and that I was completely literate made the teachers make me test into the 'accelerated learning program'.

AP Calculus
AP Physics
AP English IV
Business Internship

That's my schedule. So far AP Calculus has been easy. I do all the HW before class ends and finish first on all the tests. Today, in fact, I finished my Calc test fast enough to do all 4 of the take home extra credit Sudoku puzzles before class ended.

I don't, however, know what to go into as a long term career.

None.

Sep 9 2008, 8:59 pm Lakai Post #33

Video
Photography
Keyboarding
Writing workshop
Drafting
Sociology

Easy schedule :)

None.

Sep 9 2008, 9:06 pm Dapperdan Post #34

Quote from Kaias
In Kindergarten each kid was paired with a 6th grader to be 'buddies'. Essentially they'd come in occasionally and do some activity with the Kindergartners. I happen to be assigned two 6th grade 'buddies' when I was a kindergartner. Well one time we played chess with our buddies and I beat both of mine. This, the fact that I was the only one who knew how to count infinitely high and that I was completely literate made the teachers make me test into the 'accelerated learning program'.

AP Calculus
AP Physics
AP English IV
Business Internship

That's my schedule. So far AP Calculus has been easy. I do all the HW before class ends and finish first on all the tests. Today, in fact, I finished my Calc test fast enough to do all 4 of the take home extra credit Sudoku puzzles before class ended.

I'm impressed. That you can do Sudoku puzzles that easily, that is. (unless the ones you were doing were 'easy')

None.

Sep 9 2008, 9:13 pm EzDay281 Post #35

12th, currently.
Algebra II gave me problems, though, because I don't like memorizing stuff. =( And other issues...

None.

Sep 10 2008, 2:17 am FatalException Post #36

Quote from Dapperdan
Quote from The Great Yam

Well, I took Geometry freshman year. However, that's because I took Pre-Algebra in 7th grade and then Algebra in 8th grade. So I'm part of the group of many kids that are essentially a year ahead at my school and end up reaching Calculus. (the other way to get ahead is to double up with Geometry/Algebra II sophomore year) A lot of the kids here are probably similarly a year ahead (Nerdy is like 2 years ahead). But also, you're a year behind what you probably could be. An average 4 year math set up would be Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, and then Pre Calc. (at least that I know of...)
I took Algebra in 7th and Geometry in 8th. :P Same math teacher for both, and the best ever. In Algebra 1, we had already covered at least half of the things we got to in Algebra 2 last year.

None.

Sep 10 2008, 2:23 am Kaias Post #37

Quote from Dapperdan
Quote from Kaias

AP Calculus
AP Physics
AP English IV
Business Internship

I'm impressed. That you can do Sudoku puzzles that easily, that is. (unless the ones you were doing were 'easy')
Starting with easy and getting progressively harder.

None.

Sep 10 2008, 2:35 am RIVE Post #38

Just Here For The Pie

Senior Year of High School

First Semester:
-Art Fund.
-Web Page Design
-PE
-Piano
-Guitar 1
-English 4

Second Semester:
-Art Fund.
-Advanced Web Page Design
-PE
-Music Technology
-Guitar 2
-English 4

There is a lot of AP takers here. With the exception of English 4, I'm basically taking a bunch of blow off classes. Especially that I do guitar, piano, drawing, and html coding for fun in my spare time.

None.

Options
  Back to forum