Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Madness: Closed Alpha
Madness: Closed Alpha
Aug 27 2008, 1:29 am
By: PridefulOne  

Aug 27 2008, 1:29 am PridefulOne Post #1

After a long break from mapmaking, I've finally come back to once again try to make a truly balanced and working map. I don't settle for anything less than perfection, which is why I took a break due to countless rewrites of the same map to fix little things that really bothered me in my maps. Things that didn't even matter, the map worked perfectly fine but I wasn't satisfied with what was "under the hood".

After a lot of thinking, I've begun the process all over again except for this time I'm finally excited about what I've been creating: a truly balanced Madness map which will be released as open source in these forums.

However, there's still a lot of work to be done. I've merely created new (more realistic, as well as more AI movement friendly) terrain and completely rewrote what went on underneath the hood and now I'm completely satisfied with it. However, I've only done single player testing. I need a few willing participants that would want to help me with testing it further, hopefully making the most balanced and fun Madness map out there.

Current System:
13 Locations
HyperTriggers
No Wait Triggers
Static Grid

All Testers must NOT release this in any way to the public such as: Battle.net, Forums, Websites, P2P, etc. (you get the picture :P)

Hopefully I get plenty of testers so we can test the hell out of this thing. I've still got a lot of work to do before I want this thing released publicly (like game types, hero units, etc).

Testers:
Biocontrol@USEast

Edit: I've been having problems with b.net since I've changed to Vista, such as randomly being kicked off for no apparent reason. Perhaps someone could help with this? After a game is hosted and people join, it's fine though because the it's hosted.

Edit 2: Yeah... This map got lost, luckily I still have the Terrain though. I'll restart it soon, working on another map atm though :P.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 26 2008, 8:49 pm by PridefulOne.

None.

Aug 27 2008, 1:30 am BiOAtK Post #2

I'll do it.
Biocontrol@USEast

None.

Aug 27 2008, 2:33 am Brontobyte Post #3

UMS Mapmaking Assistance,
For giving or asking for help in mapmaking.

Where you posted.

http://www.staredit.net/forums/8/

Map Production,
Threads about maps currently under construction. Screenshots are required for starting new threads.

Where you should have posted.

http://www.staredit.net/forums/10/

Aug 27 2008, 2:49 am Morphling Post #4

Isn't he asking for help by asking for testers?

None.

Aug 27 2008, 3:00 am Clokr_ Post #5

>> Moved

?????

Aug 27 2008, 8:01 pm Biophysicist Post #6

I think he didn't want to post it here because of no screenshots. Speaking of which, does he need some now?

None.

Options
  Back to forum