Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: Clans
Clans
Sep 11 2007, 11:10 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 711 >

Sep 23 2007, 3:53 pm InsolubleFluff Post #81

So basically, all the Clans in the Clan section ARE clans because they call themselves a clan, and thus if I was to make a Clan right now, and call it a Clan, I would only need 1 member, and I wouldn't even need a goal, just say "hey, it's a clan, trust me!" and poof, I have full priority to a clan?

None.

Sep 23 2007, 4:00 pm Symmetry Post #82

Dungeon Master

Sure. It'd be the shittiest clan ever, but if you feel the need, go for it.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Sep 23 2007, 4:06 pm InsolubleFluff Post #83

now why would it be the shittest clan? you said the only thing you need is to say you're a clan...

None.

Sep 23 2007, 4:12 pm Symmetry Post #84

Dungeon Master

What are you trying to prove?

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Sep 23 2007, 4:15 pm InsolubleFluff Post #85

That your definition of Clan is wrong? And that Mod Team falls under what is commonly looked upon as a clan.
So sure, maybe it shouldn't be in MM and as voy said, in the mod forums, or maybe it should just have one thread... it's just one mod...
Iunno, just to give it a clan forum seems stupid when there is so many places it could fit.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 4:22 pm Esponeo Post #86

So basically, all the Clans in the Clan section ARE clans because they call themselves a clan, and thus if I was to make a Clan right now, and call it a Clan, I would only need 1 member, and I wouldn't even need a goal, just say "hey, it's a clan, trust me!" and poof, I have full priority to a clan?
Sure. It'd be the shittiest clan ever, but if you feel the need, go for it.
So for example, the clan you did create that only had one member: Xtreme Mappers. I think that is veritable proof that one person does not make a clan. It makes one person look like an asshole.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 4:22 pm Lakai Post #87

The wLTb tag needs to be changed from wL[]Tbname to wL[name]Tb please :)

None.

Sep 23 2007, 4:25 pm Dapperdan Post #88

That your definition of Clan is wrong? And that Mod Team falls under what is commonly looked upon as a clan.
So sure, maybe it shouldn't be in MM and as voy said, in the mod forums, or maybe it should just have one thread... it's just one mod...
Iunno, just to give it a clan forum seems stupid when there is so many places it could fit.

How does this fucking affect you anyways? Not to mention, you've drilled the same point about Maplantis over and over for about 2 pages here on SEN. Take this to Maplantis if something that doesn't affect you at all really bothers you this much.

Btw, I agree with Esponeo, all the spam of 1-2 member clans should be removed after a certain period of time, or just have clans require administration's consent to get in. As for a clan like Nucca, it is essentially just an SEN thing (clan forums will be big), but I do see a good few of the members on bnet... there's just no clan nucca channel that we all hang out at during this time. Although, I could see it happening in the future.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 4:26 pm InsolubleFluff Post #89

xM has more then one member, im not very active right now because of everything in my life, but yeah, i still map when i want to.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 4:33 pm Esponeo Post #90

As for a clan like Nucca, it is essentially just an SEN thing (clan forums will be big), but I do see a good few of the members on bnet... there's just no clan nucca channel that we all hang out at during this time. Although, I could see it happening in the future.
In other words, it is a total joke that may end up turning into something legitimate. I'd probably disagree with you about the probability of that happening, considering who your "members" are.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 4:38 pm Dapperdan Post #91

In other words, it is a total joke that may end up turning into something legitimate. I'd probably disagree with you about the probability of that happening, considering who your "members" are.

Hmm, I don't see what it matters to you, but, the clan is basically an assembly of people that I have no trouble with and/or enjoy associating myself with. As the clans work now, that is totally fine from what I can see. ^^ If a sudden vast rule change was made that anyone in a clan here actually has to be on bnet and active, then I could live with that.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 5:06 pm Esponeo Post #92

A bunch of people who don't really know each other who never meet or talk or associate or do anything together and yet they are all part of a big inside joke that says they must pretend to the outside world to actually do all those things. That isn't a problem at all.

Oh and the worst part is, that it is basically impossible to prove that you are all lying, unless someone watches your every move. Which is probably why I am the only person who is going to give you a hard time about it.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 5:22 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #93

There was a reason I supported a bureaucratic framework for defining clans on SEN..

A group of people who call themselves a clan is a clan, but whether it is a good one is entirely up to everyone else.

None.

Sep 24 2007, 3:45 pm Forsaken Archer Post #94

Esp... you really need to calm down.

All non-real clans will be deleted on a periodical basis and all such clan creators will be warned.
Even if admin consent was required, how the hell would we know if a clan was real or not? Basically, it will boil down to how many members are in the clan and the data the leader presents.
This is all later... atm, I just wanted you guys to be able to include your clan tag.

None.

Sep 24 2007, 5:21 pm Esponeo Post #95

Esp... you really need to calm down.

All non-real clans will be deleted on a periodical basis and all such clan creators will be warned.
Even if admin consent was required, how the hell would we know if a clan was real or not? Basically, it will boil down to how many members are in the clan and the data the leader presents.
Oh right. Perhaps I should stop arguing about things that aren't a problem that are actually going to be resolved. Hopefully I'll calm down once I have Halo 3 to occupy my time -_;;

And yea.. admin consent wouldn't really mean anything with this system considering you only start with the person who created the clan. I'm just used to going off and seeking these clans out on Battle.net and examining them whenever I see something new or unusual.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 24 2007, 5:29 pm by Esponeo.

None.

Sep 24 2007, 9:10 pm Money Post #96

I suggest that you make a system that auto removes clans that only have one member after a week.

None.

Sep 24 2007, 9:16 pm Esponeo Post #97

I suggest that you make a system that auto removes clans that only have one member after a week.
I'm pretty sure the cumulative effort of moderators to delete hundreds of such clans would take less effort than coding such a feature.

None.

Sep 24 2007, 9:35 pm InsolubleFluff Post #98

WC3 style, inactive leader give 7 days and it deletes clan, 1 week till it can be remade.
inactive members, 7 days and deletes clan, 1 week till it can be remade.
And to prevent people from just making tons of multi's and filling the clan up, have some kind of "inactive" status on members that don't participate with the site at all for atleast a week (no submissions, no wiki's, no posts etc...)

None.

Sep 24 2007, 9:36 pm Money Post #99

That would be harder to code if you add the submissions and wiki in. Why not just posts, that should be easier? It may not be, I don't know any coding.

None.

Sep 24 2007, 11:17 pm Twitch Post #100

Wow I looked over this and here is a question no offense let me get that out first though,If this all happens what would be the deal with Clan (U) or Clan xM seeing as they have had troubles in the past and right now.I am not saying they shouldn't get a forum or anything but,I am just asking with random problem like that would tat effect their clan rights?Also as a suggestion shouldn't you just make it like the old sen and let the clans be only mapmaking and modding clans?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 711 >
  Back to forum