Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Jungle Metal Interiors
Jungle Metal Interiors
Sep 11 2007, 4:41 am
By: Falkoner
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Sep 13 2007, 9:32 am Sie_Sayoka Post #21

Heres some experimental craps, some are blocky some arnt.

top one didnt come out as i planned, but i like the bottom one

some more stuffs

the left is your simple doodading the right however i love, You can make it so that sprites or whatever have the illusion of the metal objects pouring water into the ponds.

Map DL

None.

Sep 13 2007, 5:14 pm Zergblender Post #22

Very nice, I especially like the way you made a small wall by blending the bridge with the piramid and the temple doodad onto plain ruin terrain.
Well done. Keep up the good work.

None.

Sep 13 2007, 7:43 pm Clokr_ Post #23

Those are pretty good. I specially like the water one, looks cool.

?????

Sep 13 2007, 8:07 pm Zell. Post #24

Quote from Falkoner
I would really love to see if someone CAN do better with the terrain jungle gives you..
Hey if thats how you want your interior to look keep it that way, I'm not ganna stop you. SS posted up there a couple ideas. Keep it how you want it, I just personally think its to plain just mirrored doodad like in every map.

None.

Sep 13 2007, 9:56 pm Falkoner Post #25

They look fine, but I could easily do a blend like that, I think what I need to do it blend into ruins, or bridge tiles, the only problem is that the backs have to connect to either dirt, water, or grass, none of which should be on a ship..

None.

Sep 13 2007, 10:04 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #26

haha true true. :lol: Well have you tried using the floor sprites yet and do you have anything good?

None.

Sep 13 2007, 10:29 pm Falkoner Post #27

I'll be trying it now, I just finished redoing the island.

None.

Sep 13 2007, 11:01 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #28

Oh ok cool cool! I can't wait to see how it turns out :) Good luck!

None.

Sep 13 2007, 11:01 pm Falkoner Post #29

New attempt, I tried to save on units, I think it's a bit blockier than I would like with the traps, but I'm sure I can improve, what do you guys think?

None.

Sep 13 2007, 11:06 pm Falkoner Post #30

Updated it, check out the new one, it looks a lot better:

EDIT:

Sorry about the grid..

None.

Sep 13 2007, 11:18 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #31

I like those much better than your first attempts. They look a ton more realistic! Maybe use temple pieces cause they look more metally... Idk just a thought :)

None.

Sep 13 2007, 11:19 pm Sie_Sayoka Post #32

does it have to be a triangle?

None.

Sep 13 2007, 11:28 pm Falkoner Post #33

Good idea Jello, Temple will look better. And for this testing I am using triangles because they are much simpler for me to make.

EDIT:

Done! Here's the new look:

This one looks the best.

None.

Sep 14 2007, 12:09 am Protogod Post #34

Very nice. Some people will cry foul on the floor guntrap sprites, but I think it looks nice regardless.

None.

Sep 14 2007, 12:52 am Jello-Jigglers Post #35

Much better! good call Jello! lol! well I think that is map worthy :) I just hope you have enough sprites or you're only doing a few of those lol!

None.

Sep 14 2007, 1:17 am MNeox Post #36

You never answered the question, but saying its a basic design, does it have to be that shape or anything similar?

None.

Sep 14 2007, 11:55 pm Zergblender Post #37

Quote from MNeox
You never answered the question, but saying its a basic design, does it have to be that shape or anything similar?
I think what Falkoner did was just making a room with walls from different angles. that's why he chose a triangle for the first try outs. So he could develop a nice blend he could apply to all his walls within the interior. (Kinda a long way to explain, but it's clear, so w/e)

None.

Sep 15 2007, 12:53 am MNeox Post #38

Well I don't know if Flakoner has found any terrain yet but heres somethign i made that would seem like the interior of a ship.

None.

Sep 15 2007, 2:10 am Jello-Jigglers Post #39

Now that is freakin AWESOME! holly heck that looks good. Tonna buildings though... do they block the units view even??? And I think it would look cooler if the dirt was temple, but still that is a sweet idea! :) Good work!

None.

Sep 15 2007, 3:53 am Zell. Post #40

Blah. I'm not sure i like falks interior. I really don't have any idea on how to improve it, i just dont like it, but if its what you want go with it.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum