Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1
Temple Siege v1
Jul 10 2008, 8:31 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 11140 >

Aug 28 2008, 12:39 am InsolubleFluff Post #161

Toggling spawns would be really really unbalanced...
You get all the positive effects of capturing the base but negative effects of it, which ultimately makes it a primary objective to capture bases for enhanced teleportation, which takes away from the focus of sieging the enemies temple in the first place...
I think that it should just spawn fewer additional units, this way it gives a positive effect for capturing whilst also maintaining a negative effect of feeding, just not as severe...

None.

Aug 28 2008, 12:52 am Vi3t-X Post #162

My strategies call upon Sun Tzu, you may think I am weak, but a revaltion takes place inside. The power of a hidden mana count.

None.

Aug 28 2008, 2:01 am ClansAreForGays Post #163

Quote from name:Shocko
Toggling spawns would be really really unbalanced...
You get all the positive effects of capturing the base but negative effects of it, which ultimately makes it a primary objective to capture bases for enhanced teleportation, which takes away from the focus of sieging the enemies temple in the first place...
I think that it should just spawn fewer additional units, this way it gives a positive effect for capturing whilst also maintaining a negative effect of feeding, just not as severe...
I was reading through your post just go "wrong wrong wrong wrong..." until I read the bold, I just have to agree with you. It's so simple. I would definitely capture bases if they only spawned 1-2 units.

I think we're also forgetting that more bases means more defensible geysers. On that, I believe that each bases geysers should be place in better positions where an offending unit would be subject to cannon fire.

Aug 28 2008, 6:43 am InsolubleFluff Post #164

Cannons are way too weak to provide defense for a geysur really. The cannons are good against some classes early game, but at that point, rushing assims isn't necessarily going to pay itself off (most likely it wont)

None.

Aug 28 2008, 1:43 pm Moose Post #165

We live in a society.

Quote from ClansAreForGays
I think we're also forgetting that more bases means more defensible geysers. On that, I believe that each bases geysers should be place in better positions where an offending unit would be subject to cannon fire.
This is part of what I was talking about when I said bases should be more defensible. :P

Aug 28 2008, 3:50 pm MadZombie Post #166

Maybe the toss buildings shouldn't make different level spawns but instead transform into other defenses (sunks, diff bunker combo's, and maybe very strong stationary units)?

None.

Aug 28 2008, 4:32 pm InsolubleFluff Post #167

SCV can already make bunkers o.o
It's just kinda expensive and not that efficient o.o

None.

Aug 28 2008, 6:20 pm Moose Post #168

We live in a society.

Quote from MadZombie
Maybe the toss buildings shouldn't make different level spawns but instead transform into other defenses (sunks, diff bunker combo's, and maybe very strong stationary units)?
And there goes a spell each from the Archer and Special Ops...

Aug 28 2008, 10:46 pm ClansAreForGays Post #169

JUST RELEASE A BETA OR SOMETHING ALREADY!

Aug 28 2008, 10:49 pm InsolubleFluff Post #170

I've played as Assasin under P4 and P5 (I am not sure about the other players) but you are able to use the Level 2 Spell without even upgrading...
Also, I think this is something to do with the version and the P2 Rine, but I couldn't cripple him with Assasin, was indeed upsetting.

None.

Aug 28 2008, 11:46 pm ClansAreForGays Post #171

Nice finds for the first 2, but the third has already been found and solved.

Aug 29 2008, 5:36 am Moose Post #172

We live in a society.

Ummm..... is Assault's grenade supposed to paralyze his allies too? If yes, change that. If no, Player Two's does. :P

Aug 29 2008, 5:41 am InsolubleFluff Post #173

And thanks to me, Moosie got GFG'ed >:D

None.

Sep 1 2008, 12:39 am ClansAreForGays Post #174

This is getting ridiculous!

Sep 1 2008, 2:47 am InsolubleFluff Post #175

May you please specify as to what, exactly 'this' is?

None.

Sep 1 2008, 3:22 am UnholyUrine Post #176

Quote from name:
May you please specify as to what, exactly 'this' is?

"this" is probably the size of this thread.. LOL
I just came back from vacation... and since school is just starting, and i'm in one of my deciding years in post-secondary... I might not have much time and motivation to get this done asap... But I promise i will finish it (wh00t i sound like Blizzard)

Btw, moose, the Assault's grenade's supposed to affect everyone (Except the assault himself)
If u want "Beta version" .. Come online and find me >:0

overall... ty for all the support <3.. I WILL FINISH IT!!!!! :><:

None.

Sep 1 2008, 3:26 am CecilSunkure Post #177

Unholy did you use the idea we talked about on b.net I suggested? Actually the ideas*, but i doubt u remember the small suggestions.

None.

Sep 1 2008, 1:58 pm InsolubleFluff Post #178

High School is easy... I didn't do any work really, I didn't bother taking a back pack, pencils paper or anything and I ended up with an 80% Average, not bad for someone that really didn't apply themselves at all O.O!

On the other note, like moose said, change Assaults grenade to effect enemy units only...
Not only can he damage his teammates with Splash, but he can also Paralyze them? Assault is starting to look like a mighty fine bs unit :P!

None.

Sep 1 2008, 3:18 pm ClansAreForGays Post #179

Assualt is fine, don't touch it.

Sep 1 2008, 4:40 pm Vi3t-X Post #180

You need epic spawns near the ending of the game which includes Scouts and Hordes of BCs. :lol:

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 11140 >
  Back to forum