Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1
Temple Siege v1
Jul 10 2008, 8:31 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 12140 >

Sep 2 2008, 6:31 am InsolubleFluff Post #181

Teal Assassin doesn't have the L2 glitch btw...
Moosie and I tried to test and balance Mech and we came up with the idea that Mech could just start out with +20 civs, and then not bother getting spells just upgrade OR JUST get spells and use it for an infinite amount of hp :D!
Srsly though, I am getting tired of hearing how op a lot of these units are :D!
I think it makes a fun combo to go Defiler + Mech vs Ling + Volt :D!
Assault is pretty much the worlds most useless spells...
L1 = Well you can quite happily take mana away from your foes and slow them down :D! However, it also takes away your mana and slows you down...
L2 = Well you could quite happy set of a bomb that takes 5 seconds before it blows up just to paralyze, but you also run the risk of paralyzing all your teammates.
What Moose and I are wondering, is why the Dropship doesn't paralyze the Assault!!??!!?!1one!!?

Seriously, compared to Warrior (another Melee class unit)
Assault has less hp...
Worse L1 Spell
Worse L2 Spell
To be honest i've never even bothered getting the dropship, i'd rather not waste all the civs getting to the spell...

On the other hand...
Warrior has 6.5k hp?
L1 10 shields (not bad start)
L2 12 DT's decent for trapping people, they also get upgraded from Warriors attack upgrades.
L3, Paralyze with huge radius, almost instantaneous, slowed down for a fraction of a second, but hey, atleast you and your allies arn't completely paralyzed :D!?
L4, 100 Shields, NOT BAD!!

So i'm not sure, but slight IMBA?
I mean sure there's splash, that's great, but overall :l!

None.

Sep 2 2008, 6:34 am Moose Post #182

We live in a society.

I experienced a bug today where the other team left and/or died and the game didn't end for some reason.
It ended when I killed the Temple though.

Sep 2 2008, 2:27 pm close.ads Post #183

Medics summoned by medic class should die after a while. I just played a game where my teammate just summons medic like mad and the other guy kill the med like mad and get exp like mad and owned everyone with 50 armor and 2 nukes(while everyone still below 50 exp!)

None.

Sep 2 2008, 3:15 pm Moose Post #184

We live in a society.

Naw, your teammate should just learn how to play Medic properly.

Sep 2 2008, 3:42 pm HailFire Post #185

Oh, not sure if this still applies, as the terrain might have changed since, but some time ago, while playing this, the top team had their Assault block the choke outside of the top-left base, where he sat killing his team's units for most of the game, gaining xp at an absurd rate with no risk to himself.

Exploiters need face-stabbed. :-_-:

None.

Sep 2 2008, 3:48 pm Demented Shaman Post #186

How long does an average game last?

None.

Sep 2 2008, 3:56 pm Moose Post #187

We live in a society.

Quote from HailFire
Oh, not sure if this still applies, as the terrain might have changed since, but some time ago, while playing this, the top team had their Assault block the choke outside of the top-left base, where he sat killing his team's units for most of the game, gaining xp at an absurd rate with no risk to himself.

Exploiters need face-stabbed. :-_-:
Let me play against this person, he'll get that face stab.
Very easy to block him in to counter.

Once I was Light Mage.... hallucination and Light Barrier beat the shit out of him.

Sep 2 2008, 4:04 pm Lt.Church Post #188

whoever said says assaults lv1 spell sucks theyre uhh.. not smart? its hilariously easy not to hit yourself and hit your opponent, even if theyre running away a full hit on a stimmed special ops will take like 30-40, and light mage u can easily take 100 off him :wtfage:

None.

Sep 2 2008, 5:01 pm ClansAreForGays Post #189

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Once I was Light Mage.... hallucination and Light Barrier beat the shit out of him.
GFJ

Quote from Lt.Church
whoever said says assaults lv1 spell sucks theyre uhh.. not smart? its hilariously easy not to hit yourself and hit your opponent, even if theyre running away a full hit on a stimmed special ops will take like 30-40, and light mage u can easily take 100 off him :wtfage:
Couldn't have said it better.

Sep 3 2008, 11:24 pm MadZombie Post #190

I think a pubbie version of this has been released. 1.3? wtf?gtfo?

None.

Sep 4 2008, 1:05 am Lt.Church Post #191

unless he released it last night/today then the v1.3 u played is a very buggy version that sorta created more bugs than it fixed from 1.2, so its not usually played...

None.

Sep 4 2008, 1:40 am The Great Yam Post #192

I hate how gamers and mapmakers just brush off comments as "Oh, well you're just noob, lol, I can do it! Lol, your opinion doesn't matter lol!"

Volt, in my opinion, makes the game really unfun. Other units I dislike are the marine (their mine spell shouldn't be able to go into the base) and the DT's cloaking (with night, which lasts like 12 minutes?).

You guys shouldn't try to beat down every suggestion you see because you like it the way it is. It's obviously not finished, and it has some units and spells that aren't very useful.

None.

Sep 4 2008, 3:55 am HailFire Post #193

Quote from The Great Yam
I hate how gamers and mapmakers just brush off comments as "Oh, well you're just noob, lol, I can do it! Lol, your opinion doesn't matter lol!"

Volt, in my opinion, makes the game really unfun. Other units I dislike are the marine (their mine spell shouldn't be able to go into the base) and the DT's cloaking (with night, which lasts like 12 minutes?).

You guys shouldn't try to beat down every suggestion you see because you like it the way it is. It's obviously not finished, and it has some units and spells that aren't very useful.

In defense on the Assassin; Volt, Spec Ops, Mutant, and large amounts of minions are super effective against him, and the Mutant and base defence cannons can fairly easily block him at night.

Basically, the Mutant just completely fucking destroys the Assassin, so avoid him at all costs.

None.

Sep 4 2008, 11:34 am Moose Post #194

We live in a society.

Quote from The Great Yam
Volt..... everyone agrees already. The game is pretty fun if you're playing as the Volt though. :P

Why would you not want mines in the base? Mines in the base are far easier to deal with than ones in the field. Because of the proximity of the heal, you can just take the mines like a champ and go right back to the heal. In my mind, that beats firing off 60 mines accross the map then trekking all the way back accross the map to get my HP back.

Night is also nowhere near 12 minutes.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 4 2008, 11:44 am by Mini Moose 2707.

Sep 5 2008, 12:35 am Thuy Post #195

is v1.4 new or some newb made it? because i have it in my folder..

None.

Sep 5 2008, 2:47 am InsolubleFluff Post #196

unless he posted it up here, it's safe to assume it's newb.
moosie and I played a new version by the public otherday, they totally balanced it ;)! reet moosie?

None.

Sep 5 2008, 3:14 am MNeox Post #197

I think Urine did make version v4, somebody informed me about his new version, I'm assuming it is that.

None.

Sep 5 2008, 3:18 am CecilSunkure Post #198

Version 1.4 is 2.0 unfinished.. Its real, unholy made it. I was there when he 'released' it.

None.

Sep 5 2008, 4:32 am ClansAreForGays Post #199

Just make sure it's not the underscore v1.4 one. That one actually is made by some random pub and I've had it for a while.

Sep 7 2008, 4:28 pm UnholyUrine Post #200

Quote from name:Shocko
Assault is pretty much the worlds most useless spells...
L1 = Well you can quite happily take mana away from your foes and slow them down :D! However, it also takes away your mana and slows you down...
L2 = Well you could quite happy set of a bomb that takes 5 seconds before it blows up just to paralyze, but you also run the risk of paralyzing all your teammates.
What Moose and I are wondering, is why the Dropship doesn't paralyze the Assault!!??!!?!1one!!?

Seriously, compared to Warrior (another Melee class unit)
Assault has less hp...
Worse L1 Spell
Worse L2 Spell
To be honest i've never even bothered getting the dropship, i'd rather not waste all the civs getting to the spell...

On the other hand...
Warrior has 6.5k hp?
L1 10 shields (not bad start)
L2 12 DT's decent for trapping people, they also get upgraded from Warriors attack upgrades.
L3, Paralyze with huge radius, almost instantaneous, slowed down for a fraction of a second, but hey, atleast you and your allies arn't completely paralyzed :D!?
L4, 100 Shields, NOT BAD!!

So i'm not sure, but slight IMBA?
I mean sure there's splash, that's great, but overall :l!

Don't rule out the fact that Assault's first spell doesn't affect himself anymore.. Also that his Third spell, the bomber, if used correctly, can be VERY good... If the other team don't have any ranged heroes, they're pretty screwed.

Quote from The Great Yam

I understand about the suggestions and stuff. But what really matters is if people are having fun. So, what you said really bothers me right now :C... I know I'm still fixing some balances, and I know Volt is Overpowered. Right now, I'm working on the overall feel to everything... And, I promise you, VOlt will be just another hero in which you can strategize against Once i'm finished balancing it..

Version 1.4 is 2.0 unfinished.. Its real, unholy made it. I was there when he 'released' it.

YEs, I gave TWO people v1.4.. which is a Beta version of "v2.0" i guess. I gave it to my clannies, and ClansAreForGays.
If a pubbie one was even better balanced.. I'd use it :bleh: .. GIVE ME THAT MAP SHOCKO/MOOSIE!! *DROOLS*

Oh yes, and I apologize for being so slow.. lots of things came up over the last few weeks.. seriously, I played on average 3 hours a week of SC these weeks :C... I'll get things done asap ><"

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 12140 >
  Back to forum