Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1
Temple Siege v1
Jul 10 2008, 8:31 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 71 72 73 74 75140 >

Jan 24 2009, 8:40 am Iceman16 Post #1441

Quote from name:bastard-tino
switch assassin's Lv1 and Lv3 spell? and lower the duration of that ally computer spell thingy..
I don't think it's level 3 is anywhere close to a L1 spell. What's the need of changing his spells? :hurr:

None.

Jan 24 2009, 9:59 am Decency Post #1442

Assassin becomes nearly useless in a base assault role if you swap L1 and L3. He can't capture outposts, and he can't kill pylons easily, which are my favorite things to do as it... That makes your only option L2 spam, which most people already do anyway.

Also, I played a game today and the Assault nuked during the daytime with a cloaked ghost. I have no idea why, or if it's normal, but we couldn't see the ghost... My teammate used NV and killed it, but I was still very confused as to why we could not see it. I've never even tried to nuke during the day as Assault, I figured they could see the cloaked ghost...

None.

Jan 24 2009, 11:16 am Iceman16 Post #1443

Quote from name:FaZ-
Assassin becomes nearly useless in a base assault role if you swap L1 and L3. He can't capture outposts, and he can't kill pylons easily, which are my favorite things to do as it... That makes your only option L2 spam, which most people already do anyway.

Also, I played a game today and the Assault nuked during the daytime with a cloaked ghost. I have no idea why, or if it's normal, but we couldn't see the ghost... My teammate used NV and killed it, but I was still very confused as to why we could not see it. I've never even tried to nuke during the day as Assault, I figured they could see the cloaked ghost...
Do you have a replay?

None.

Jan 24 2009, 11:39 am Decency Post #1444

No. I'll try at my next opportunity with Assault to do so and see if anyone else can see it. It's possible I am mistaken, but I don't think so.

None.

Jan 24 2009, 12:06 pm Iceman16 Post #1445

No. I'll try at my next opportunity with Assault to do so and see if anyone else can see it. It's possible I am mistaken, but I don't think so.
Seems pretty odd, maybe they found a way to unvision your team? Not sure if that will help since I'm not fully aware of the day/night cycle triggers.

None.

Jan 24 2009, 1:58 pm Lt.Church Post #1446

Quote from Iceman16
Seems pretty odd, maybe they found a way to unvision your team? Not sure if that will help since I'm not fully aware of the day/night cycle triggers.

they could of been using a rapid ally/unally hack =/ ive seen them around to teamkill and feed in spawn games.

None.

Jan 24 2009, 4:40 pm Moose Post #1447

We live in a society.

Assassin becomes nearly useless in a base assault role if you swap L1 and L3. He can't capture outposts, and he can't kill pylons easily, which are my favorite things to do as it...
Not to imply that I support tino's idea, but why would you not recast?

Jan 24 2009, 5:42 pm DumbMarine Post #1448

Early game, Assassin's mana pool isn't usually too well invested into. I think FaZ- was referring to the daytime, where without Escape, the assassin becomes easier to kill than a light mage, and thus, can't really do anything at all for the first 9 minutes of the game.

None.

Jan 24 2009, 8:03 pm Decency Post #1449

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Assassin becomes nearly useless in a base assault role if you swap L1 and L3. He can't capture outposts, and he can't kill pylons easily, which are my favorite things to do as it...
Not to imply that I support tino's idea, but why would you not recast?

You can, but the enemy can simply come from behind and you won't be able to do anything about it until you have your L3, which isn't early on for most assassins.

None.

Jan 24 2009, 8:55 pm BlueDestiny8 Post #1450

So of course, I was sitting in a channel and we were talking about 1.5 and all the new changes that are going to be made. Then the idea of the terrain came up and someone asked if new terrain was going to be added and I remember reading somewhere it might but wasn't sure. Anyways, I was wondering if you have ever tossed the idea around of adding bonuses to stuff like gates, and adding more gates to the mix?

Anyways so here is my idea:

Add 3 major gates (which are already in place) and 4 minor gates, more or less acting like towns and cities to aid to the siege of the opposing temple. The major gates give bonuses to the team who captures them and capturing all 3 gives a stronger bonus. While the bonus for capturing a gate is extra xp, capturing all 3 gates could give a regen bonus of 10% to all mana regen on the controlling players team. This gives more incentive to capture all the gates and hold them, not letting them be destroyed and such.

While the minor gates will be less fortified and give less xp to capture but controlling all of them gives you a mineral bonus of 10 minerals every tick from assims (acting as an assimilator of sorts). While these can be "mining towns" or something similar.

I know these ideas have probably been thrown around before but the point I'm getting at is the game could be more interactive in a sense of proving more points to capture encouraging more pvp over gates and strategic retreat or offensive points for heroes to use to their advantage and such.

This idea is still in construction but I do enjoy toying with it in my mind and thinking about the possibilities it might open up for Temple Siege. But, there is some candy for you to gnaw on. Enjoy!

-BlueDestiny8

None.

Jan 24 2009, 9:44 pm SFSKabam Post #1451

Lawl.

I just glitched two beacons (by accident) and wound up with assassin and warrior) <.< Sin healed -> warrior full life, charged their temple. We remade then xD

None.

Jan 24 2009, 10:37 pm DumbMarine Post #1452

The terrain better be worked on, cause there's still people using buildings to block spawns in the chokes. (The thin valley up top, and the bottom left space.

I dunno if there would be space for more gateways. You don't want TS to be this ridiculous clutter of junk. I also don't think gateways need any more 'incentive' to be captured, capturing them gives an XP bonus and a teleport, as well as cannons to protect your assimilators in the early game. At best, I could see holding a gateway makes your temple invulnerable or something minor like that.

None.

Jan 25 2009, 3:20 am Decency Post #1453

Quote from BlueDestiny8
So of course, I was sitting in a channel and we were talking about 1.5 and all the new changes that are going to be made. Then the idea of the terrain came up and someone asked if new terrain was going to be added and I remember reading somewhere it might but wasn't sure. Anyways, I was wondering if you have ever tossed the idea around of adding bonuses to stuff like gates, and adding more gates to the mix?

Anyways so here is my idea:

Add 3 major gates (which are already in place) and 4 minor gates, more or less acting like towns and cities to aid to the siege of the opposing temple. The major gates give bonuses to the team who captures them and capturing all 3 gives a stronger bonus. While the bonus for capturing a gate is extra xp, capturing all 3 gates could give a regen bonus of 10% to all mana regen on the controlling players team. This gives more incentive to capture all the gates and hold them, not letting them be destroyed and such.

While the minor gates will be less fortified and give less xp to capture but controlling all of them gives you a mineral bonus of 10 minerals every tick from assims (acting as an assimilator of sorts). While these can be "mining towns" or something similar.

I know these ideas have probably been thrown around before but the point I'm getting at is the game could be more interactive in a sense of proving more points to capture encouraging more pvp over gates and strategic retreat or offensive points for heroes to use to their advantage and such.

This idea is still in construction but I do enjoy toying with it in my mind and thinking about the possibilities it might open up for Temple Siege. But, there is some candy for you to gnaw on. Enjoy!

-BlueDestiny8

Very much like this idea, I had the same thought. To make it easier, these could simply be undefended (no cannons) cities without a warp that just transfers an invincible assimilator to whichever team controls them. They would not take up much space but would allow a team that's dominating offensively and controlling the gates to have the lead that they deserve.

As for the bonuses for controlling all 3 major gates, I agree with that as well. I just would like to see the Exp bonus for controlling the gate increased to a more appropriate amount, it's negligible at the moment.

None.

Jan 25 2009, 4:28 am Iceman16 Post #1454

Very much like this idea, I had the same thought. To make it easier, these could simply be undefended (no cannons) cities without a warp that just transfers an invincible assimilator to whichever team controls them. They would not take up much space but would allow a team that's dominating offensively and controlling the gates to have the lead that they deserve.

As for the bonuses for controlling all 3 major gates, I agree with that as well. I just would like to see the Exp bonus for controlling the gate increased to a more appropriate amount, it's negligible at the moment.
I agree with adding the extra gates, two on each side. It would need a bigger map though, and I think they should be as beneficial as the other 3 gates in the way that they give greater land coverage and xp for capture. Not sure if they should be an 'invisible' assimiliator but instead contain assimilators they protect like the two side gates. There would be no point in getting mineral bonuses since that is what the assimilators are for. Not sure about the extra xp or mana regeneration since it would probably further increase the bonus of 'fast' units that can capture gates easily in early game, like the rine who can just plant mines and run to the next gate. I have no objection to these ideas though, as long as they are well implemented with a purpose.

None.

Jan 25 2009, 4:50 am Decency Post #1455

Well, the marine is supposedly "fixed" for 1.5, so hopefully it won't be able to mine capture any more.

The terrain would definitely need to be worked, but I could see that being done well.

None.

Jan 25 2009, 6:20 am Moose Post #1456

We live in a society.

I just would like to see the Exp bonus for controlling the gate increased to a more appropriate amount, it's negligible at the moment.
I calculated outpost XP bonuses it to equal roughly 3/4 (1/4 for each team member.) of the total XP that the enemy team would get if they killed the spawns created by the outpost. (Edit: Not based on number of players on either team, so only the TOTAL XP given in a 3v3 fits this equation.) I can increase it, but I would also increase the # that the gates spawned. After all, the spawn amount for outposts was cut from 6 to 2 only because it fed so much. There is experience compensation now from the increased spawning, so it really doesn't have to be 2 spawns per outpost anymore.

I do find the idea of an invincible assimilator belonging to outposts alluring.

Well, the marine is supposedly "fixed" for 1.5, so hopefully it won't be able to mine capture any more.
Don't worry, Marine won't be minecapping in 1.5. Someone else will, though. >_>

Post has been edited 9 time(s), last time on Jan 25 2009, 6:48 am by Mini Moose 2707.

Jan 25 2009, 7:57 am Decency Post #1457

Speaks for itself. Why reavers are dumb:

http://www.mediafire.com/?phaly1zjokd

None.

Jan 25 2009, 10:26 am ClansAreForGays Post #1458

Have you really run out of global space already? I dislike using mediafire.

Jan 25 2009, 10:40 am DumbMarine Post #1459

Dude, you ended the replay before finding out who won. CLIFFHANGER!

I don't see anything wrong with that game though. Really sucks for the DM, but otherwise it's pretty normal.

EDIT: I'm assuming you're the DM, of course.

EDIT: I'm also assuming the replay didn't desync. Is there any context to the replay?

None.

Jan 25 2009, 10:45 am ClansAreForGays Post #1460

Quote from DumbMarine
Dude, you ended the replay before finding out who won. CLIFFHANGER!

I don't see anything wrong with that game though. Really sucks for the DM, but otherwise it's pretty normal.

EDIT: I'm assuming you're the DM, of course.

EDIT: I'm also assuming the replay didn't desync. Is there any context to the replay?
omg really?! Faz-, we already know if your DM you're fucked by reavers, but your partners aren't. No argument there.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 71 72 73 74 75140 >
  Back to forum