Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1
Temple Siege v1
Jul 10 2008, 8:31 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 63 64 65 66 67140 >

Jan 16 2009, 5:41 am DumbMarine Post #1281

I would rather random just be removed entirely than have it enforced, too many games get ruined by random giving one team the shaft (more in 2v2 than 3v3, but still). Plus, you get absolute noob hosts like the one you described who go anal about random as if choosing a character you like killed their parents.

BTW, just got the two player mech bug. Maybe a switch got reset when it shouldn't or something, but it happened when my teammate chose mech already and I got randomed to it. I lost a life immediately as the game start, too.

None.

Jan 16 2009, 5:54 am Moose Post #1282

We live in a society.

Regarding the Special Ops, I'm not done with him. (Neither is Unholy, either) I prioritized "not having Special Ops rape so hard" priority over the full implementation of the changes I wanted to make.

My main problem with the mech bug is this:

Trigger("Player 1","Player 2","Player 3","Player 4","Player 5","Player 6"){
Conditions:
Bring("Current Player", "Terran Civilian", "Choose Hero - Mech", Exactly, 1);
Bring("All players", "Terran Beacon", "Choose Hero - Mech", At least, 1);

Actions:
Play WAV("sound\\terran\\goliath\\tgopss05.wav", 0);
Remove Unit At Location("All players", "Terran Beacon", 1, "Choose Hero - Mech");
Kill Unit At Location("Current Player", "Terran Civilian", 1, "Choose Hero - Mech");
Give Units to Player("Player 11", "Current Player", "Men", 1, "Choose Hero - Mech");
Display Text Message(we don't really need to see the long string);
Set Deaths("Current Player", "Terran Goliath", Set To, 1);
Comment("Choose Mech");
Set Mission Objectives(we don't really need to see the long string);
}
This is the trigger for selecting the Mech. Since the beacon is removed and to my knowledge, remove is instant and the beacon will not be there when the next player executes his triggers. I don't quite understand how it's possible for this trigger to execute twice. Yes, I could fix it by having the death counter checked as a condition or have an action to move all other civs in the hero choice location back to the center (for each hero, of course, because all the other hero triggers look like this, and I don't see why Mech is particular is having a problem), but that's really more of a band-aid and it shouldn't be necessary.

As for the randomization, I see how it is possible for two players to be sent to the same beacon. That's a matter of trigger order. Since the randomization comes after hero selection, two players can be moved to the Mech beacon before the first one executes another trigger cycle to actually select the Mech.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jan 16 2009, 6:05 am by Mini Moose 2707.

Jan 16 2009, 6:03 am Spinlock Post #1283

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
As for the randomization, I see how the bug is possible. That's a matter of trigger order. Since the randomization comes after hero selection, two players can be moved to the Mech beacon before the first one executes another trigger cycle to actually select the Mech.
Why does everyone complain only about mech though? Are the triggers for all the other units structured the same way?

None.

Jan 16 2009, 6:04 am Moose Post #1284

We live in a society.

Yes. There is no reason this bug should be exclusive to Mech.

EDIT: EUREKA. I think that the Mech's beacon location is big enough that it is covering the Special Ops beacon and the triggers detect that beacon as brought to the location. I'm going to try that fix before any other.

Now to decide if I want to really start messing with things or just make small fixes. ;o

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 16 2009, 6:17 am by Mini Moose 2707.

Jan 16 2009, 7:12 am UnholyUrine Post #1285

I like the hell blossom idea too..
We'll c... :P
plus I haven't forgotten the physicist.. I've implemented it somewhat already.

... so bleah i'm tired :P :P... :stfu: I will try to do it over tha weekend... =o.. Stop fighting and play >:O

None.

Jan 16 2009, 12:25 pm Ahli Post #1286

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Moose,

maybe try to fix it with centering anywhere on anywhere after each hero pick which will update the data of all locations. Simply add that action to each hero-picking trigger.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 16 2009, 7:05 pm by Ahli. Reason: not needed anymore

Jan 16 2009, 1:47 pm Lt.Church Post #1287

this one time awhile ago everyone randomed at the same time by timer, and someone randomed the same thing as someone else but since it was already picked the civi was just stuck there unable to move, dunno if this was a one time freak accident or what but i know it was when random was first added.

None.

Jan 16 2009, 3:39 pm ForTheSwarm Post #1288

A hero idea.

Specter- any unit

High shields (if possible) low HP, low armor (high if no shields)

L1- Spirit Drift: replaces the specter with a non-invincible observer. When the spell is cast again, the observer is replaced with the Specter. If the observer dies, the Specter is replaced with 10% HP. Good for escaping.

L2- Apparitions: Creates hallucinations of the Specter.

L3- Life Drain: Creates 2 units for 5 seconds- an attacking one and a Medic.

L4- Possess: Gives you control of another person's hero for 10 seconds. The Specter cannot move or attack during this spell.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 16 2009, 5:38 pm by ForTheSwarm. Reason: fine then

None.

Jan 16 2009, 5:21 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1289

Swarm, you need to understand that Aldaris is only a copied unit so you can not create it via triggers.

Everyone just give up on Aldaris-based characters already.

Jan 16 2009, 5:29 pm Moose Post #1290

We live in a society.

Quote from Lt.Church
this one time awhile ago everyone randomed at the same time by timer, and someone randomed the same thing as someone else but since it was already picked the civi was just stuck there unable to move, dunno if this was a one time freak accident or what but i know it was when random was first added.
Yeah, that happened to me, too. It shouldn't have happened in the most recent versions of 1.4M (tournament versions) and definitely can not happen in 1.4M2.

Jan 16 2009, 8:30 pm Pigy_G Post #1291

No body even replied to say my hero idea sucked. Is it that bad? :P

http://www.staredit.net/topic/3709/60/

None.

Jan 16 2009, 8:42 pm Lt.Church Post #1292

if it makes you feel better i think it sucks ^^

None.

Jan 16 2009, 8:43 pm Thuy Post #1293

i don't want this to be another dota but i think i got an idea to free some units.

how about only having 2 different spawn units, a melee and a range. at the start of the game they would have about 10% of their max hp and whatever amount of damage.

as day/night comes they get an hp boost and weapon upgrade.

the civ thing to level up spawn can give them additional hp/dmg

and i guess you can mix in melee+range units for each wave

None.

Jan 16 2009, 9:02 pm Moose Post #1294

We live in a society.

Quote from DumbMarine
Sorry everyone, the Physicist is the only good proposed character in the past 7 pages IMO.
The irony being it was proposed 35 pages ago. ;o

Quote from Pigy_G

L1 sounds interesting. I was thinking of a spell similar to that myself. Your L2 would be a triggering nightmare. A global L3 like that would be interesting. L4 doesn't seem like it would be reliable or effective enough in combat.

Quote from name:bastard-tino
as day/night comes they get an hp boost and weapon upgrade.

the civ thing to level up spawn can give them additional hp/dmg
Fantastic idea. Show me the "increase unit's attack stat" trigger or "Upgrade everything to X" AI scripts without modding or EUD's and we're in business.

Anyway, 1.4M3 is out:
- Renamed Vespene Geysers and Assimilators.
- Assassin's L1 now has a roughly one second effects delay before teleportation.
- To compensate Assassin, his HP was increased from 3500 to 4100 and armor increased from 0 to 1. -- note: I thought I didn't put the armor on, but apparently I did so it's now an official released change. :P
- Renamed Corsair.
- Mech's L4 summons 2 tanks and 2 vultures. (Still 3 Goliaths)
- Medic's attack damage changed from 22 + 4 to 19 + 5.
- Medic's HP decreased from 5000 to 4800.
- Bugs related to randomization such as dual Mech should be fixed. Please let me know if they still happen.

Download in the DLDB as usual. Next on the Agenda is a revamp of either Assault or Spec Ops. I'll run my ideas past you guys when I get time to type them all up. I plan to add Physicist once existing classes are revamped. Then me and Unholy may possible engage in a version war. It should be mega fun, so stay tuned! :D

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jan 16 2009, 9:11 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Jan 16 2009, 9:29 pm ForTheSwarm Post #1295

What about my hero idea? :(

None.

Jan 16 2009, 9:42 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1296

Quote from Pigy_G

Not even trying to be mean but it's the worst idea I've seen aside from TZ's

Jan 16 2009, 9:45 pm Pigy_G Post #1297

- Assassin's L1 now has a roughly one second effects delay before teleportation.

This is retarded.

None.

Jan 16 2009, 9:54 pm Moose Post #1298

We live in a society.

I apologize that Assassin is no longer nearly impossible to kill. I don't even feel I'm exaggerating when I say that, either. For a level one spell, instant teleport is ridiculously imbalanced. You can't really argue that Assassin wasn't compensated at all either, considering that he's gained 600 HP and a point of armor. Assassin players will just have to work out some timing instead of fighting until the Assassin's HP is in the doube digits.

Jan 16 2009, 11:03 pm Pigy_G Post #1299

Assassin wasn't that hard to kill. Medic/Summoner/firebat ect all could take him. I think delay is stupid. So does everyone else, no pubbies or people I know host your edit vers.

None.

Jan 16 2009, 11:11 pm Lt.Church Post #1300

i can handle a 1second channel chances are the sitaution wont kill me in 1second unless im suprise shooped by a mass upgraded lurker mutant from around a corner without any hp upgrades also WOOO MORE HP O_o also, i think summoner should go back to the 2 ling +1 damage system or have a lower max amount of lings, having 10 lings out with a single atk up you get +20 damage, which is absurd. and archer seriously needs some sort of buffing, also its alil ghey that archer has 0 melee spells nor attacks, not in the sense an archer should normally have them but it makes archer vs summoner about as easy to fight as a paraplegic without any assisting tools vs a guy in a mach 1 bulldozer. you cant outrun it because lings not only can get speed ups to surround you faster but by default are either equal speed or faster cant recall, after surrounded dark swarm, boom youre dead, ironically i had 5 sunkens around me and i was infront of cannons so thats ALIL bs...

edit: oh shush pigy, a 1second channel is utterly nothing if you can ACTUALLY time, and the only versions i ever see publically hosted by people i dont know are old ass versions even excluding moose's versions.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 63 64 65 66 67140 >
  Back to forum