Jan 15 2009, 4:43 pm Decency Post #1242

Okay my hero idea:

Aldaris (Templar)
Monk or Stone Priest or Shaman
HP: 5000
Shields: 0
Armor: 3
Damage: 40 +8

1. Stoneskin: Grants the Monk and nearby allies invulnerability for 5 seconds (10 second cooldown)
2. Shifting Prison: Creates a number of invincible Rhino Critters owned by the player that surround the hero and nearby units, a bit more than Warrior's L2 for a bit longer.
3. Stonemason: Sets nearby enemy buildings to 25% HP; sets nearby allied buildings to 75% HP. (Temple is immune.)
4. Engulf: Lets a player stasis with an arbiter. Should definitely have a 2-3 second channel so it's dodgeable.

Remember how abominably slow High Templar and their attacks are before you reply... then I'm all ears.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Jan 15 2009, 5:04 pm by FaZ-.

None.

Jan 15 2009, 5:16 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1243

This is the only way I'd want to see stasis in the game. As much as I hate almost everything else you say, I think you make a really good character. It has a very solid and consistent theme. I really feel like you kept the most important part of Temple Siege type character design in mind, hero theme.

But 40 base attack?! ugh. And +8! Sorry warrior, you don't get to deal the most damage anymore. And I can see this character being about as boring to play as medic."AW! I randomed Stone Mason, this is gonna be a looong game"

And the rhinos will wander, which would make it suck. Or wait... it could add more micro to the game by requiring the player to use hold position really fast.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 15 2009, 5:25 pm by ClansAreForGays.

Jan 15 2009, 5:42 pm Pigy_G Post #1244

can we please make sure to use high ground tiles in high areas? like at the bottom base, the right entrance there is a place with lots of ruins tiles, they are low ruins. Meaning if your standing on them, even tho you are high. You cant see or get height advantage, this is all over the place.

EDIT: The rhynadon spell is retarded. It should do more then just block. Make it so the rhyndadons are moved in an outward circle like a moving wall in all directions, and when they die enemys near them lose 20 mana.

None.

Jan 15 2009, 5:55 pm Decency Post #1245

That was my thought with the Level 2, hence the name "Shifting Prison." Another advantage to players who know the game well.

The damage is the thing I was most unsure about. I at first said 24+4, which is essentially half of this, before thinking about it more; I went to 32+9, 38+6, and then to this. That's where the 4 edits came from. There is just no way this hero is going to be able to beat most ranged units by itself, it's too slow and can be microed around pretty easily. So the counter is to increase the damage. This unbalances how good it is against other (essentially) melee units, though.

A Zealot and a High Templar attack at about the same speed (surprised me, I just tested it), but a Warrior still has more life and damage/stun spells. In comparing its attack to the Assassin's (slower than Monk's) the Monk would do way more damage, especially late game when the upgrades really kick in. Given the attack speed is faster than I thought it'd be, the damage probably should be dropped, I'm just not sure how much.

In rethinking I'll hesitantly say 32+6.

EDIT re: Pigy - The L2 is my thought for how the Monk could deal with fast ranged units. If it can trap them for a bit speed is negligible. I don't mind the idea of a mana drain for units close to a Rhynadon when they die; what do other people think?

None.

Jan 15 2009, 7:01 pm UnholyUrine Post #1246

Unfortunately, you don't have to hesitate any longer.
One of the great SC mapping fallacy is the limit of units.
Aldaris is technically a copy of Tassadar. So, their Hp and Dmg and Shields are inseperable.. Meaning if I were to give aldaris 40+8.. then LM will also have 40+8 dmg!..

There is one solution.. the normal, no attack, high templar is also available. I Could basically make LM the normal high templar teehee.... OR use Aldaris and give him spells as awesome (but different) as LM.. or use normal HT for the new hero... I am already reserving some spells for them...

I have also thought of implementing stasis field.. Unfortunately there're triggers that UN-invinciblize heroes =o... tons of them... :P.. So I'd have to be careful while using that spell.. because if they were stasis'd, but were vulnerable, then it's pretty much GG.

None.

Jan 15 2009, 7:01 pm DaltonSerdynski Post #1247

there is a way for arbiter stasis to freeze the unit and take damage. war of zerathis anyone? and the 3rd is insane... you make the temple 25% standing near it. would just make the game go by way to fast and ruin alot of strategy. and stone skin sounds kool but lm skill really already has that and spawns other temps(which are aldaris Templar) you put that one in against that light mage you will get pwned!!! maybe as infested duran will stone mage work. but thats just me

None.

Jan 15 2009, 7:15 pm Decency Post #1248

Well, is "Energy" also a copy of Tassadar? Because you could just spawn a bunch of Light Mages for that effect... (Or is Energy itself already the Aldaris...? That's my suspicion)

Those spells are really tailored to a high templar attacker; it's be worthless without its attack and another unit wouldn't fit with the spells.

I think I just answered the question in SCMDraft, that idea simply won't work because there's no unit for it.

None.

Jan 15 2009, 7:20 pm ForTheSwarm Post #1249

Quote from DaltonSerdynski
and the 3rd is insane... you make the temple 25% standing near it. would just make the game go by way to fast and ruin alot of strategy.

He said the Temple is immune. l2read?

None.

Jan 15 2009, 7:23 pm UnholyUrine Post #1250

Yeah.. you UNinvincible them.. that's what I DO NOT want to do....
And the rest of ur msg don't make sense :P

Nevertheless.. thanks guys for ur spell ideas.. They would be great ideas if the map's resources aren't so limited.
I actually like the idea of stasis being engulf.... it sounds so much cooler :P... Hmm.. .... If only I have Ultra available... hmm.. I don't think I should remove Abyssal Demon tho... Would anyone like Abyssal demon to be lurkers instead? That'd open up the Ultra for me :P... and then allow me to make smth relative to stone

O WAIT.. Vulture is available too.. :P..(i'm changing mech a bit tho... to accomadate new hero)... But overall, they are great ideas, but doesn't fit perfectly into the current situation. I'll definately consider them tho.

None.

Jan 15 2009, 7:34 pm Decency Post #1251

Well, making the LM a plain high templar is an option now that I think about it. It really doesn't do much with its regular attack except kill spawns, but that'd really nuke it for early game.

It's L1 would have to be more powerful because of the Monk's damage, though. Or you could make it last longer with fewer spawned to make it better at killing spawns. Or oooh oooh! When it casts L1 set its energy to 50, so it can storm the next wave. =D

None.

Jan 15 2009, 7:59 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1252

Just give it up already faz.

I would like to have the lurker over the ultra. Unit freed.

Jan 15 2009, 8:03 pm Biophysicist Post #1253

O WAIT.. Vulture is available too.. :P ..(i'm changing mech a bit tho... to accomadate new hero)... But overall, they are great ideas, but doesn't fit perfectly into the current situation. I'll definately consider them tho.
So any chance of my Shadow Golem being added? :P (Or something based on it...)

Would anyone like Abyssal demon to be lurkers instead?
YES. (And what's the Abyssal Demon's spell list like, btw? *curious*)

Those spells are really tailored to a high templar attacker; it's be worthless without its attack and another unit wouldn't fit with the spells.
Dragoon? (Assuming there is a Dragoon left...)

Or, you could change LM to a normal HT and use "virtual attacks"... Create a Wraith over his head every 20 seconds or so, and remove it after it attacks once. Then, make it so that upgrading Protoss Ground Weapons decreases the time it takes for the Wraith to respawn. (If you don't know how to detect upgrades, I can make a concept map for you to look at.)

None.

Jan 15 2009, 8:40 pm Moose Post #1254

We live in a society.

Nobody remembers the Physicist. :(

When I made the L3 for him, I had Stasis in mind, but far less in duration and endangerment.

Stasis may render you invincible, but your odds of survival once it ends are not so good. Assault or Volt can drain all of your mana. Dark Mage can do not only that, but also leave you with a shit ton of broodlings ready to strike you down. The entire enemy team can surround you and beat you down with everything they have. After they heal, of course, because almost every class but LM should be able to run there and back in time. A decently leveled Assassin will be hovering over a person in stasis like a vulture with a stun and decap at the ready. Special Ops could park his mine drone scourge right over you as many times as he can afford. Hell, if the other team is feeling cruel they could probably throw down a Pylon and several cannons if they wanted to. The only one with nothing to fear is Assassin, who can still teleport under stasis. (and we all know that TS needs more things to make Assassin's teleport ridiculously useful.)

To conclude, in my opinion, an Arbiter's Stasis spell is so long in duration that I don't think it should come anywhere near Temple Siege, even as an L4.

Jan 15 2009, 8:49 pm Decency Post #1255

Every L4 is very powerful if it catches you, I don't see a stasis being any different. Don't forget that heroes can still cast spells from inside stasis, as well.

What I'm getting as vulnerable to it: Marine/Assault/Warrior, which are all classes that should be able to get out of the way if they see the channel. (Add medic if restore doesn't work on stasis, I can't remember =o.)

Also, Dragoon is used for one of the new heroes, as per Unholy.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 15 2009, 9:13 pm by FaZ-.

None.

Jan 15 2009, 8:51 pm Biophysicist Post #1256

>MOOSE AND UNOLY, ADD PHYSICIST TO NEXT VERSION

It at least looks/sounds cool, and should at least be tried out IMO.

None.

Jan 15 2009, 9:50 pm Moose Post #1257

We live in a society.

Quote from name:FaZ-
Every L4 is very powerful if it catches you, I don't see a stasis being any different. Don't forget that heroes can still cast spells from inside stasis, as well.
Yes, but I would say it's a stretch to say many of them are as gamebreaking as Stasis. It lasts for 40 game seconds. That's a bit extreme. If you max out your mana, you could end up paralyzing someone five or six times in a row. The thought of a Medic L3/Stasis L4 combo is just disgusting.

Quote from name:FaZ-
(Add medic if restore doesn't work on stasis, I can't remember =o.)
It doesn't.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 15 2009, 10:00 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Jan 15 2009, 9:54 pm Biophysicist Post #1258

Yes, but I would say it's a stretch to say many of them are as gamebreaking as Stasis. It lasts for roughly a game minute. That's a bit extreme. If you max out your mana, you could end up paralyzing someone five or six times in a row. The thought of a Medic L3/Stasis L4 combo is just disgusting.
Put a 90-second cooldown on the spell and that wouldn't be a problem. lrn2usecooldowns

And give the arbiter retardedly low HP. Then, it's really hard to use, but does U83R1337Z0MGPWN4G3H4X damage if you can actually pull it off. Admitedly, if would still be OP against a team with no air attacks, although spawns might be able to take it out if you put the HP low enough...

None.

Jan 15 2009, 10:12 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1259

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
Put a 90-second cooldown on the spell and that wouldn't be a problem. lrn2usecooldowns
Excuse me, my good sir, but my response to your idea is simply to suggest that you depart from this discussion and do not return for the duration of eternity. I have witnessed your posts in other people's topics containing suggestions for "cool spells" for them to use. This has never bothered me until you began to post them here in this discussion. At this moment, you are trying to spread the aforementioned "cool spells" to a map that is of high quality, of which I actually care about. The icing on the cake is that you seem to be talking down to people who have a great deal more experience with Temple Siege. I would inform you that giving any spell a cooldown of ninety seconds is quite foolish, but if you did not know that already, it appears my statement would fall on deaf ears.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 16 2009, 2:00 am by Mini Moose 2707. Reason: Flaming

Jan 15 2009, 10:38 pm th1rt33n Post #1260

i say again money for civ is a awesome idea

but arbitor has to many in game glitches that cant be fixxed. (any1 ever play 25 tricks????).

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 61 62 63 64 65140 >
  Back to forum