Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1
Temple Siege v1
Jul 10 2008, 8:31 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 53 54 55 56 57140 >

Dec 23 2008, 1:05 am Decency Post #1081

Re: multiple laning, I do so with a vulture often but you don't have to get them to chase you, you just micro them back and then run to the other side.

CAFG, only a newb puts the spawner in the open. Killing the spawner usually means killing 7 cannons, and the enemy isn't going to stand by idly and let you dismantle their base. Meanwhile, the reavers that have spawned are absolutely ripping your base to shreds, unless you have an Assassin or Assault, evidently.

Don't give the marine more life, that will just encourage the same type of style that's current. Give it spells that don't suck and you'll change the way that people play the marine. It's L1 and L4 are good, and other than that there's no point unless you're facing a Volt.

None.

Dec 23 2008, 2:09 am ClansAreForGays Post #1082

Let me spell it out.

When you decide that the first thing you want to do is get 225 minerals for a war factory, You've also decided that you will also basically be at lv1 until you reach it. you aren't going to be in the way of the enemy who actually upgraded.
7 is a gross exaggeration. Try 0. You can burst into their base with a teammate focusing with you on the weak pylon(-3 cannons). If the 1 cannon firing at your ranged hero is really bothering you, you can always just take that pylon out too.

As of right now reavers are only useful at ending the game for a team already in the lead.

Question: Was cannon damage reduced to 50 in 1.4MT when broods were put back to 50?

Dec 23 2008, 6:58 am Decency Post #1083

No, cannons are still 60, and it's not an exaggeration, you just have to put the war factory next to the Temple and that's 7 cannons that you have to do something about. If you're ranged, you can avoid two of them.

None.

Dec 23 2008, 7:32 am SFSKabam Post #1084

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Let me spell it out.

When you decide that the first thing you want to do is get 225 minerals for a war factory, You've also decided that you will also basically be at lv1 until you reach it. you aren't going to be in the way of the enemy who actually upgraded.
7 is a gross exaggeration. Try 0. You can burst into their base with a teammate focusing with you on the weak pylon(-3 cannons). If the 1 cannon firing at your ranged hero is really bothering you, you can always just take that pylon out too.

As of right now reavers are only useful at ending the game for a team already in the lead.

Question: Was cannon damage reduced to 50 in 1.4MT when broods were put back to 50?

'Kay, you've obviously never played vs reavers, so stop talking about them? 200 minerals is a fucking cake-walk to get quickly.
Oh, and by the time you kill that pylon that's hosting 3 cannons of death, 2 reavers'll have spawned. Or...better yet, I'll have created another pylon for 15minerals. ZOMG!

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Marine's upgrade will be +2. I'd have no problem with HP going back up after that.

Anyway, I see people (well, dR.uNKen, anyway) picking a fast class, running in a lane, getting spawns from that spawn to chase, then running to another lane to take XP from multiple paths. It's kinda lame and IMO something should be done about that.

HPAttack rines are easy enough to kill, you want to drop them to +2? ...=/ If anything keep it's +3, and lower it's heatlh to like 3500~, Beef up it's first spell by a fourth mine, make the last spell summon two mines per interval, and re-do it's L2, give ghosts more damage. :O Or you could like make the SCV have a timer, when the timer hits 0, the SCV poofs. Just give it some variance for bunkers. Make it have a valid spell side path, instead of just bruting everything. But this is irrelevant, cause the only things that really need balancing are Assault, Medic, and Archer. They're all quite weak. :(
Assault is 'assault' and yet it gets raped by anything large.
Medic, well it's ok for 3:3, but it's 100% useless in 2:2.
Archer, well, my thoughts on archer have already been expressed. Lul. 'Anyone with an ounce of micro' > Archer.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 23 2008, 7:44 am by SFSKabam.

None.

Dec 23 2008, 8:54 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1085

I guess the only way to get through your thick head is to own you in a match.

Dec 23 2008, 10:10 pm Lt.Church Post #1086

mech's lv4 eats archer alive it makes me sads :-(

None.

Dec 24 2008, 2:11 am SFSKabam Post #1087

Quote from ClansAreForGays
I guess the only way to get through your thick head is to own you in a match.
:O
Please do.

None.

Dec 24 2008, 2:24 am MadZombie Post #1088

Quote from Lt.Church
mech's lv4 eats archer half the heros (or more) alive it makes me sads :-(

None.

Dec 24 2008, 4:02 am Lt.Church Post #1089

Quote from MadZombie
Quote from Lt.Church

ya but a large chunk of the damage is doubled on archers an already weak class :ermm:

None.

Dec 24 2008, 4:56 am ClansAreForGays Post #1090

Quote from Lt.Church
Quote from MadZombie
Quote from Lt.Church

ya but a large chunk of the damage is doubled on archers an already weak class :ermm:
Archer is one of those "I start off with 1 armor for no reason" classes and his hp is not below average. He is also the rare mid-size unit so he doesn't take full damage from explosive or concussive.

Dec 25 2008, 2:34 am Decency Post #1091

Considering that the Firebat and Ghost are concussive, and the Archer himself is the only Explosive, that's not really much of an advantage. The fact that it does explosive damage, 50% to small units, cripples it for a non-L1 style. It's difficult to play summon Archer against most matchups but it is possible.

None.

Dec 30 2008, 7:28 pm Pigy_G Post #1092

I'm tired of getting volt or mech and having an afk alli so I get stuck between the temple and the photon cannon at top base, can we either make everyoen spawn more to the left or move the photon cannon slightly?

None.

Dec 30 2008, 9:13 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1093

lol? I've never had that happen to me.

Dec 30 2008, 9:21 pm Pigy_G Post #1094

It's happened to me many times and it's about the gayest thing ever, especially when everyone is laughing at you and capping command posts.

None.

Dec 31 2008, 7:19 am Lt.Church Post #1095

that sounds rather hilarious id probably laugh at you too, though if it happened to me id likely leave lol.

None.

Dec 31 2008, 10:06 pm Lingie Post #1096

So uh.. I have an idea to completly stop team spawn killing. I used this in a map a while back that I never finished, even though it looked great.

Anyways. Instead of just checking for kill score, why not add a second condition. Player 7/8 (In this case, the opposing computer.) has suffered at least 1 deaths of 'spawn'.

After detecting this, the game would remove one death of 'spawn' for Player7/8 (Still the opposing computer.) and your kill score, then grant EXP.

If the game detects no enemies with kill score, and the current allied computer with deaths of spawns, it would remove your score, and those deaths, and grant no EXP.

The system worked pretty well when I tested it. It also worked for giving variable amounts of rewards for enemies with the same kill score. All you must do is check for one or the other unit dying.

Also, I'd like to add that the marines and zealots totally assromp the hydralisk spawns. Can they be given some base armor? I hate losing games because someone upgrades to hydralisks and they aren't even worth it, especially the EXP they give.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Dec 31 2008, 10:32 pm Moose Post #1097

We live in a society.

Quote from name:Darkling
Also, I'd like to add that the marines and zealots totally assromp the hydralisk spawns. Can they be given some base armor? I hate losing games because someone upgrades to hydralisks and they aren't even worth it, especially the EXP they give.
If Hydralisks get base armor, Archer's L3 gets base armor.
If Hydralisks get armor upgrades, then Zergling spawns get armor upgrades.

Dec 31 2008, 11:19 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1098

Quote from name:Darkling
I hate losing games because someone upgrades to hydralisks and they aren't even worth it, especially the EXP they give.
I've never lost a game where I got hydras. They stomp face.

Dec 31 2008, 11:48 pm Pigy_G Post #1099

Are there any units after hydras? If so.. list please.

None.

Jan 1 2009, 12:14 am Moose Post #1100

We live in a society.

There are no units after Hydralisks.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 53 54 55 56 57140 >
  Back to forum