Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1
Temple Siege v1
Jul 10 2008, 8:31 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 30 31 32 33 34140 >

Nov 3 2008, 4:55 am UnholyUrine Post #621

It has never occured to me that something like that could happen...
Now that I think about it, it could teleport spell units too, cause I just put "move men" without thinking much about it...

Err.. I'll make it so that enemy heroes who get on an enemy beacon that's currently captured by the enemy.. teleport a little bit away from the beacon so they can't really stay on beacon... and i'll fix it so that spell units don't get teled, but summoner units + probes and heroes can.

Yeah... it is a somewhat unfair thing... It shouldn't be part of the strategy IMO.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 3 2008, 6:40 am by UnholyUrine.

None.

Nov 3 2008, 6:15 am Riney Post #622

Thigh high affectionado

Much love. ;D

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Nov 3 2008, 12:20 pm Vi3t-X Post #623

Simple Edit: Toggle Beacons.

Everyone wins. Everyone shuts up.

None.

Nov 3 2008, 7:12 pm ClansAreForGays Post #624

Quote from UnholyUrine
It has never occured to me that something like that could happen...
Now that I think about it, it could teleport spell units too, cause I just put "move men" without thinking much about it...

Err.. I'll make it so that enemy heroes who get on an enemy beacon that's currently captured by the enemy.. teleport a little bit away from the beacon so they can't really stay on beacon... and i'll fix it so that spell units don't get teled, but summoner units + probes and heroes can.

Yeah... it is a somewhat unfair thing... It shouldn't be part of the strategy IMO.
Are you kidding me urine? Did you not read my post at all? I completely debunked what Marine said. You are overreacting to a sore loser. He didn't lose to a 'nub' everyone that plays knows them, and knows that it's a good idea to teleport someone that's not paying attention. Most importantly, when their match was over and marine started crying to everyone about what happened EVERYONE took 13's side. When 99% of the people that play the game don't think it's cheap, but you want to change something because of the 1% that have a biased opinion, that doesn't make any fucking sense.

Nov 3 2008, 7:48 pm Vi3t-X Post #625

Toggling beacons makes everyone happy.

Or if thats too "cheap", select how beacons operate - or if they do not operate at all.

None.

Nov 3 2008, 8:43 pm Thuy Post #626

i would say just leave it how it is. I think it's pretty funny lol and according to that screenshot and cafg the warrior did have a chance to stop the marine, and if there are any allies left they can just easily come back and help out

also.. if the marine is strong enough to do damage to the temple, pretty damn sure a zealot would do at least 2x as much back to the other temple

None.

Nov 3 2008, 8:45 pm ClansAreForGays Post #627

On a constructive note, from what I've seen so far in the tourny rounds(and I could be wrong, haven't seen them all), assims aren't seeing much play. I think that they might give the player too much minerals/exp, that they aren't worth the risk of making.

Nov 3 2008, 8:53 pm Riney Post #628

Thigh high affectionado

Im sure Unholy made the map for playeres to defeat the others using skill, not right clicking a beacon.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Nov 3 2008, 10:25 pm UnholyUrine Post #629

Are you kidding me urine? Did you not read my post at all? I completely debunked what Marine said. You are overreacting to a sore loser. He didn't lose to a 'nub' everyone that plays knows them, and knows that it's a good idea to teleport someone that's not paying attention. Most importantly, when their match was over and marine started crying to everyone about what happened EVERYONE took 13's side. When 99% of the people that play the game don't think it's cheap, but you want to change something because of the 1% that have a biased opinion, that doesn't make any fucking sense.

Erm.. All tourny aside, I can forsee that it can be exploited and become a big problem. This is because spell units right now are also moved to other places (this may be why sm explosion effect units don't explode). If that's the case, then the other team can't really do anything, and that would be a glitch in my dictionary.
On the other hand, what DM got wasn't really an exploit, and It isn't a noob/unfair thing (at least right now) to do because it does bring fourth some microing strategy.
For a ez compromise, I will definately have to fix spell units being moved by the beacon in ANY case. I'll probably leave the hero tele and enemy on enemy beacon thing alone.

None.

Nov 3 2008, 11:57 pm Moose Post #630

We live in a society.

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
Well the map might as well be called Cheap Exploit Siege. I really dont see the point to play a map where cheap tricks land victory, not skill.
Quote from name:Dark_Marine
Im sure Unholy made the map for playeres to defeat the others using skill, not right clicking a beacon.
A. Micro and countering micro are skills.
B. No offense, but you lost one game to it (to my knowledge) and you're giving the impression that beacon-luring is now the entire basis for winning Temple Siege and that anything else done in the game is absolutely inconsequential. It should be fixed, but you're blowing it way out of proportion.

Nov 4 2008, 1:25 am Riney Post #631

Thigh high affectionado

CAFG made it clear to me that he uses it 9 outta every 10 games. Im not worried about myself, just the other players who'll also feel the same way.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Nov 4 2008, 3:51 am Lingie Post #632

I really can't see how microing is anywhere near the equivelant of an exploitation.

Games are meant to be fixed, and this will be fixed, am I right? And Moose I think DM does have some right to be pissed, because we lost in the tournament due to this exploit, and everyone had to get their laugh in on us for it. Not to mention, the punk ass kid who did it and told us to suck his dick afterward. The whole brother thing aside, I'd be pissed too.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Nov 4 2008, 3:56 am ClansAreForGays Post #633

The spells not teleporting is a good compromise.
Quote from name:Darkling
Not to mention, the punk ass kid who did it and told us to suck his dick afterward.
I don't care if they lose, I'm giving them a medal.

Nov 4 2008, 4:13 am Moose Post #634

We live in a society.

I really can't see how microing is anywhere near the equivelant of an exploitation.
You're putting words in my mouth. Making it more audacious is that I've clearly specified it was a skill. Micro is what sucks people into the exploit. (via luring) Micro is what stops you from getting taken advantage of by the exploit. (not getting lured, hold pos, etc.)

Nov 4 2008, 4:26 am Lingie Post #635

Moose, what could I have done? I was being ranged, and hidden by from a beacon with a teleport in my way. Thats not in any way skill, thats a punk ass kid hiding, calling what he wanted to.

Why is everyone getting so butthurt about this though? The man himself who made the map said it was a glitch.

EDIT: A simple way to fix this problem would be to move the beacons WAAY back, and add cannons to rear side of the temple, or to make the teleports work for BOTH teams, OR to make it so that the teleports DO NOT work when there is an enemy player within the Temple area. (Including the spawners, and of course back at the teleporters.)

The last one would be the most practical way to solve to problem, and it would have what meanless power I have of a vote attached to it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 4 2008, 5:56 am by Darkling.

Nov 4 2008, 5:54 am ClansAreForGays Post #636

Moose, what could I have done?
Do you have selective hearing?
Quote from ClansAreForGays
If the warrior was smart he would have either attacked the enemy temple at a faster rate with his superior damage, or he would have L3'd the marine (and your screenshot shows us that he definitely had the chance). And if the warrior still didn't have his Lv3 at a point in the game when spec ops actually damages the temple, you deserve to lose.
Thats not in any way skill,
It's not so much his skill, as it was your lack of skill. It doesn't take Korean genes to hit hold position.
thats a punk ass kid hiding, calling what he wanted to.
That's what this is really all about, not only did he beat you, but he put salt in your wounds by calling you names. It's just a game get over it. trash talk is not a bannable offense.
Why is everyone getting so butthurt about this though?
Dark_Marine suggesting that because of his second loss, the tournament be thrown out. Echo didn't even throw this much of a tantrum, and his loss was due to something genuinely unbalanced that needs fixing.
The man himself who made the map said it was a glitch.
There you go again putting words in someone's mouth. He was talking about the spell effects being transported causing the units to never die.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 4 2008, 7:56 am by Mini Moose 2707. Reason: Being a dick

Nov 4 2008, 6:00 am Lingie Post #637

And skill? I was playing for leasure mostly, treating it as simply a game. When a kid causes this much fuss over it however, I find myself lacking the ability to hold myself back. Simply put, what do you do when you're the shit on minority, trying to defend your cause? I will not go quietly.

And I'm positive my "selective hearing" wouldn't be a problem, when it comes to reading text.

Also, I've never put words in anybody's mouth. Stop assuming that.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 4 2008, 8:06 am by Mini Moose 2707. Reason: Flaming

Nov 4 2008, 7:52 am Moose Post #638

We live in a society.

Also, I've never put words in anybody's mouth. Stop assuming that.
Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from Mini Moose 2707
A. Micro and countering micro are skills.
You're putting words in my mouth.

Quote from ClansAreForGays
There you go again putting words in someone's mouth. He was talking about the spell effects being transported causing the units to never die.
Quote from UnholyUrine

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 4 2008, 8:02 am by Mini Moose 2707.

Nov 4 2008, 6:23 pm Lt.Church Post #639

i do think its hilariously overexaggerated by DM, no one is thinking about poor assassin, he doesnt have anything to get anyone if theyre on the beacon, if he is in a 1v1 situation and a marine or some other ranged class is sitting on thebeacon he has literally no counter towards it =\.

None.

Nov 4 2008, 7:25 pm Forsaken Archer Post #640

Cannons are way too expensive. 80 + 20 for the possibly pylon = Not worth it. 40 might be a better price.
Spawns are useless on many levels, especially since they help the enemy by giving them more experience and killing your own experience. Killing created spawns should give little to none experience while maybe being less of them but stronger. Right now, they are built for the lulz (seemingly, only by me).

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 30 31 32 33 34140 >
  Back to forum