Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1
Temple Siege v1
Jul 10 2008, 8:31 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 29 30 31 32 33140 >

Oct 26 2008, 9:18 pm Riney Post #601

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Too much temple healing. You have to keep in mind that most games that end with temple-killing usually involve massive camping of the temple by the defending heroes.

Then make it 5 civs, and 50 civs is hard to come by, especially if you want to WIN in the first place, you'll over look this upgrade.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Oct 26 2008, 11:57 pm Moose Post #602

We live in a society.

It's more that I disagree with automated healing altogether.

Oct 27 2008, 9:33 am Riney Post #603

Thigh high affectionado

Then a protoss building that gives it 500 shields until the generator is destroyed? Or some way to upgrade the temple. I mean whats the use of a temple builder if he can only build and not addon.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Oct 29 2008, 5:01 pm ClansAreForGays Post #604

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
I mean whats the use of a temple builder if he can only build
:|

Oct 29 2008, 8:32 pm Vi3t-X Post #605

Quote from ClansAreForGays
I mean whats the use of a temple builder if he can only build
:|
Temple Builder is essentially worthless as of now. Build assims, get them killed. WooHoo.

None.

Oct 29 2008, 8:38 pm ClansAreForGays Post #606

Can you curse a single unit more than once? like can I lv2 then lv3 then lv4 someone and have it all going on at once?

Oct 29 2008, 10:06 pm Vi3t-X Post #607

Maybe this would be a more viable strategy for the Temple Builder:

You purchase "Level Ups" for the Temple Builder (TB). Perhaps as a secondary, non-important hero.
As you progress with TB, you are given more build choices (Tech tree slowly given?).

Eventually, you get to very powerful builds. Less Assims at start? :omfg:

None.

Oct 29 2008, 10:22 pm ClansAreForGays Post #608

nay

Oct 29 2008, 10:50 pm dumbducky Post #609

Temple builder is win if you use it right.

tits

Oct 29 2008, 11:19 pm Moose Post #610

We live in a society.

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Can you curse a single unit more than once? like can I lv2 then lv3 then lv4 someone and have it all going on at once?
Yes. It's why Dark Mage rapes with full mana with a lot of mana upgrades.

Oct 30 2008, 2:39 am ClansAreForGays Post #611

Ok, I think I remember be allied the the broods that were raping me.

Oct 30 2008, 3:41 am Vi3t-X Post #612

Quote from dumbducky
But this adds more play strategy. Until eventually, the game is far too complex that everyone dies.

None.

Oct 30 2008, 3:56 am UnholyUrine Post #613

Quote from Vi3t-X
Quote from dumbducky
But this adds more play strategy. Until eventually, the game is far too complex that everyone dies.

And that is my evil genius plan to take over the world.. EehehehehEheheeheheh

Yes, the spells for DM Can be stacked, just like anyone elses. IN fact, if you do L3, and L3 again, then the spell will reset to 30 seconds. Tough luck for those stuck with those queens on top of you spassing.

I also somewhat dissagree with Temple Healing. But I do agree with the higher Hp (unseeable HP) with lower armor then of now, so the spawns can do some dmg compared to high dmg spells...
The Next ver will probably not be made soon. I've got projects and exams coming at me from all directions screwing me hardcore ( i just nearly failed an exam.. not good. ). Plus I needa get a job <.< .. BUT, the ideas have been formulated, so once i have time, i'll probably finish the trigs in ~3 days and then have 2 weeks of balancing and it'd be done XD.

None.

Nov 2 2008, 1:06 am ClansAreForGays Post #614

The heal location for the botom temple needs to be larger, and extended lower so players can heal on all sides of it.

Nov 2 2008, 1:46 am Riney Post #615

Thigh high affectionado

There is a very unfair exploit which occured recently in the Temple Siege tourny which I belive should be fixed.

At the base you got your Teleport beacons, which enemies are unaffected by, but a player hiding behind one avoiding lets say Warrior in this case, could wait for the warrior to slip up and teleport, causing what ever unit to just start attacking the base again. Now if this is indeed an ACTIVE teleport, it should at least warp both players, and defently not spells. This caused my team to lose in the tourny and the other team to laugh. Id like to see it fixed before more players use this in advantage to win.

Heres a screenshot movie.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 2 2008, 2:03 am by Dark_Marine.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Nov 2 2008, 7:37 pm Lt.Church Post #616

thats just a very obvious and douchey strategy that you apperently fell for.

None.

Nov 2 2008, 9:15 pm ClansAreForGays Post #617

It's not an 'exploit', and Dark Marine is just being a sore loser. you're talking like the warrior ran into it not knowing that the beacon would teleport him. This is done a lot and isn't even considered bad manners. Seriously, warrior is the ONLY character that can't hit a player on a beacon, and I am not in favor of nullifying his only weakness. The marine was just a more experienced player, and was probably surprised that the warrior actually fell for his trick. If the teleporting was changed to the way you want it, enemy would have it even easier doing hit and run shit on temple.
If the warrior was smart he would have either attacked the enemy temple at a faster rate with his superior damage, or he would have L3'd the marine (and your screenshot shows us that he definitely had the chance). And if the warrior still didn't have his Lv3 at a point in the game when spec ops actually damages the temple, you deserve to lose.
This caused my team to lose in the tourny and the other team to laugh.
Why so serious?

Nov 2 2008, 10:06 pm Really Post #618

Maybe now you can use that strategy too. O.o

None.

Nov 2 2008, 11:23 pm Riney Post #619

Thigh high affectionado

Well the map might as well be called Cheap Exploit Siege. I really dont see the point to play a map where cheap tricks land victory, not skill. Let the CREATOR Of the map decide if its an exploit not you.

And no im not being a sore loser, I lost to a nobody.

And another thing, a teleport is a teleport if its active, it doesnt matter who you are, it teleports Matter, not presence. This isnt an excuse to get rid of "Tactics" that you love so much, this is more of a realistic thing (If teleports DID exist). I could understand if the teleports completely stop working if an enemy is in proximity of the base, but to do something THAT cheap to a player makes them never want to play the map again. Go ahead, try it on pubs, see if they want to play again after your done.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 2 2008, 11:28 pm by Dark_Marine.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Nov 2 2008, 11:45 pm Lingie Post #620

Alright, I'm going to begin by saying I was that warrior. That is an exploit, because he can pass through and I cannot, and he can range the temple. This needs to be fixed, and it is bad manners when I can't do a god damned thing to combat it. Pull the beacons back, or make them unfunctional when an enemy is in the base.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 29 30 31 32 33140 >
  Back to forum