Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1
Temple Siege v1
Jul 10 2008, 8:31 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 136 137 138 139 140 >

Oct 24 2009, 12:58 pm xYoshix Post #2741

2gunsup is forgetting volt has a animation before l3. Mech can l4 during that time and kill him.

None.

Oct 24 2009, 2:57 pm MEMEME670 Post #2742

I still think what i said sums it all up that summoner plays without risk but with great reward.

So basically, wouldnt the way to fix him be to give him risk, something like, have his lings be teleported to him if they get too far away, or, make them get weaker the farther they move away from him.

I also had an idea about l3 being the ability to get the speed/atck upgs, maybe everyone spawns without a spawning pool and upon learning that spell it gives a computer spawning pool to you.

Ofc, it would have to detect mutant and give him one immediatly.

None.

Oct 24 2009, 5:00 pm killer_sss Post #2743

Yes max degenerate is gone! Huray!!! god i swear does he just come back to spam up a few pages of this topic?

Summoner overall just needs to be slowed down. He is balanced for the most part except late game where he rapes nearly everything. Beyond that summoner is rather boring with just 1 spell used for majority of time. This is why i won't play him, but that is just me.

None.

Oct 24 2009, 6:28 pm ShredderIV Post #2744

Quote from killer_sss
Yes max degenerate is gone! Huray!!! god i swear does he just come back to spam up a few pages of this topic?

Summoner overall just needs to be slowed down. He is balanced for the most part except late game where he rapes nearly everything. Beyond that summoner is rather boring with just 1 spell used for majority of time. This is why i won't play him, but that is just me.

yeah, last time he came back I was one of his victims, although i basically just decided to ignore him while making subtle remarks, which really pissed him off. I was surprised none of us noticed it sooner that time.

Agree with what you said bout summoner killer.

None.

Oct 24 2009, 6:34 pm Jack Post #2745

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Heh, now he's pming me about how I'm some noob who would never play him cos I'm scared lawl, and I'm some armchair professor who can't play. TBH I would play him if I had a team, but IDC enough to get one. Maybe when I've finished zombiecraft.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 24 2009, 7:20 pm FlashBeer Post #2746

Not to mention, if summoner has ultras before the reavers mass up, the summoner can get some huge feed and armor. If they get enough armor, tanking reavers is almost no problem.

None.

Oct 24 2009, 7:59 pm MEMEME670 Post #2747

Reaver is probably summoners only counter...maybe gols/vults, maybe.

But as long as one person can take feed, becuase all three need to be making to get reavers out well..as long as one feeds and gets up to counter the reavers...

None.

Oct 25 2009, 1:02 am ValKilmer Post #2748

Quote from name:FaZ-
2Guns is blatantly Maxx, I don't even need to have a long discussion with him this time to make it obvious.

Newsflash: your M3 "sitting in base until you have 400 mana" Volt strategy doesn't work on a real version where assims work.

Mech counters Volt until the Volt has 200 Mana and a ton of life, then the Mech just ignores him. In a lane, you get raped early-mid game. Vulture micro then a 2zz and you're hit by tanks/mech and dead. Full damage to shields, one tank blast finishes his HP.

So yeah, good luck sitting in your base while I assim the entire map. They actually return minerals before 20 minutes, unlike M3. If you come out before you can combo L3/L4 together, you're not even remotely a threat without serious DPS help.
Stop bringing this match up. Sick of the tears. You're basically saying you didn't win because Maxx's handicap wasn't big enough. Look at the scenario:

-It was a 3v1.
-Your upgrades CLEARLY overpowered him.
-He was mana Volt.
-You were a better late game hero.
-It was 3v1.
-To kill his normal form took ONE L1 and 2 auto attacks.
-It was 3v1.

FAZ-: "I WASNT GETTING ENOUGH MINERALS AND MAXX DIDN"T HAVE A BIG ENOUGH HANDICAP ALREADY!"

Wait, did you say "ALL HE DID WAS WAIT AND BASE AND SIT THERE". Here's a newsflash: Volt is a DEFENSIVE hero. He is supposed to play off your mistakes. If he beat you 3v1, MAYBE YOUR GAME IS FULL OF BAD PLAY. Whose fault is that..?

And no, the version had nothing to do with you losing. I know for a fact that the game could've been easily won in your 1v1 scenario. A defensive mana volt vs a 30 up Mech. HMMMM.

Now don't bring the match up again.

If this post is too aggressive someone let me know and I'll edit. Not trying to flame anyone just trying to put people back in their place and to give out expert advice.

Quote from xYoshix
2gunsup is forgetting volt has a animation before l3. Mech can l4 during that time and kill him.
xYoshix is forgetting that Volt is allowed to upgrade Hp throughout the game and that Mech's L4 isn't instantaneous damage, let alone the tank hits that come at the END of the spell.

Quote from killer_sss
How is pro talk spam? He's correcting all the bad strategy talk and horrible advice that goes on in 95% of the thread. If people actually learned to take advice from GOOD players instead of using pubstomping strats that would only work on morons then maybe you would see it's not spam at all. It's actually disgusting how bad some of the advice that some of the people here give.

Quote from name:zany_001
Heh, now he's pming me about how I'm some noob who would never play him cos I'm scared lawl, and I'm some armchair professor who can't play. TBH I would play him if I had a team, but IDC enough to get one. Maybe when I've finished zombiecraft.

Who the hell are you?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 25 2009, 1:11 am by ValKilmer.

None.

Oct 25 2009, 3:49 am ShredderIV Post #2749

Quote from ValKilmer
I'm here for strategy not to bother with some random. Not replying to you anymore.

so apparently now talking strategy involves flaming everyone here who has given advice in 95% of this thread. Sure some of the advice isnt perfect, but it helps people learn what is wrong and right.

And you definitely have an ego worth the size of either Iceman's or Maxx's, so you're probably either one of them. Most likely moose will ban you when he checks this thread. Have a fun time in the void!

I have personally played against maxx, and must say he is good. Although, he and Iceman also batantly chose counters to our heroes when they said random... And then maxx basically just spammed volt l2 and l4 to win the game. But really, maxx is probably the most invested ts player, and actually gives good advice between his blatant flamings and such. If he didnt flame so much, he and iceman could really help people get good at this game.

None.

Oct 25 2009, 6:08 am Jack Post #2750

Although, they never really play unless it's with the other. You don't really see maxx joining games with random people. He plays with his team, which regardless of skill gives a huge advantage.

Anyway, enough about maxx and iceman.

What's the current zling limit for summoner? I believe it's 11 in m3.x, but I'm not sure about m7. Maybe it should be reduced to 8 or so in m8? Because late game summoner is still too powerful against most characters.

@Admin sorry if I was trolling too much, I just get annoyed at arrogance quite badly, and maxx and iceman have it in bucketloads.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 25 2009, 7:17 am MEMEME670 Post #2751

Quote from name:zany_001
Although, they never really play unless it's with the other. You don't really see maxx joining games with random people. He plays with his team, which regardless of skill gives a huge advantage.

Anyway, enough about maxx and iceman.

What's the current zling limit for summoner? I believe it's 11 in m3.x, but I'm not sure about m7. Maybe it should be reduced to 8 or so in m8? Because late game summoner is still too powerful against most characters.

@Admin sorry if I was trolling too much, I just get annoyed at arrogance quite badly, and maxx and iceman have it in bucketloads.

No, its always been 9 hasnt it, 9+2+1 for even twelve split of summoner...

None.

Oct 25 2009, 7:37 am Jack Post #2752

It used to be max 12. Then max 11 for m3.x. So you say max 9 for m8? I'm talking about zling number here, not attack.

Red classic.

Oct 25 2009, 8:32 am MEMEME670 Post #2753

Talking about max number of units overall. 1.5 Its nine lings, two ultras, one defiler, i know.

None.

Oct 25 2009, 8:44 am Jack Post #2754

Ahk. I wasn't sure what you meant with the 9+2+1. Anyway, what I wanna know is max in M7.

Red classic.

Oct 25 2009, 10:41 am Decency Post #2755

I'm not bringing a specific game up, every time I've played against Maxx that is what he does with Volt. Since it's almost definitely Iceman, if not Maxx, I'll just copy and paste what I said to you 3 months ago, which evidently you failed to read.

Quote from FaZ-
@ Iceman: If I lose, there's always a reason. You can call that reason as an excuse, if you like, but the best players in anything know that the easiest way to improve is to figure out what you did wrong. Sometimes it's that I was simply outplayed; I know that's not the case in games against Max, because I know that if I was seriously trying to win I would not be screwing around in his base in a low HP vulture on my last life. Our team's spawns would all be sent away from him to the gate he had captured, and we would have built spawns to attack him. The game would have taken forever because his L3 can cut down hordes at a time, but we would have won eventually just by pinning him to his base, at the expense of the game taking way too long and at the gain of nothing. If you choose not to believe this, I don't really give a shit. I'm positive that it's true and far too much time has already been wasted on one meaningless public game.

How is pro talk spam? He's correcting all the bad strategy talk and horrible advice that goes on in 95% of the thread. If people actually learned to take advice from GOOD players instead of using pubstomping strats that would only work on morons then maybe you would see it's not spam at all. It's actually disgusting how bad some of the advice that some of the people here give.
This thread isn't meant for advice, it's a balance thread. Neither Iceman nor Maxx have given a single balance suggestion backed with reasoning... ever? Since you don't, no one really gives a shit what you have to say. If you think you're the best player and thus the best balancer, your suggestions will speak for themselves if you make them logically... but that last one's a big "if."

None.

Oct 25 2009, 4:25 pm MEMEME670 Post #2756

Had a random idea for summoner while reading above post.

Lings get a range of approx mid base before they get tele back to him, and swarm costs 250, reduce plague to 125

Summoner feels imba because a good summoner can hide when reavers start coming, consume and swarm, and then kill them, giving him mass upgs and the ability to make reavers of his own pretty darn quickly.

None.

Oct 25 2009, 4:26 pm ShredderIV Post #2757

uhhhhhh, swarm doesnt stop reaver shots at all. They go right through swarm.

None.

Oct 25 2009, 6:04 pm MEMEME670 Post #2758

No, swarm stops all but the splash of reaver hits, so it does like 25/50 damage.

None.

Oct 25 2009, 6:32 pm ForTheSwarm Post #2759

Wrong. I just tested it, and swarm doesn't stop any part of the reaver's attack.

None.

Oct 25 2009, 6:43 pm MEMEME670 Post #2760

Really....Mmm.

Then the only thing about summoner winning vs reavers is that his allies could take the lane you reaver..so you would have to go out of your way to counter the summoner, which could get you killed..

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 136 137 138 139 140 >
  Back to forum