Jul 10 2009, 10:38 pm Moose Post #2221

We live in a society.

Quote from Genocidal.Legend
This is ludacris
Actually, this is Ludacris:

Sorry, had to.

Quote from name:FaZ-
Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Mobile Turret: Moves an invincible Floor Gun Trap to your hero. It remains permanently (or maybe some "long" time like 30 or 60 seconds) until the spell is recast. ... Now that's map control. :P I forget if they use Terran Infantry upgrades... either way, depending on the damage this might not actually be a bad L2 for Assault.
Meh. Easily avoided. Would be wayyy too good for taking out structures/gaining exp, and hell you could even capture with it. THIS would turn him into a summoner.
Turn him into a Summoner? It's one turret. Max one. It only relocates and cannot move.
Timer would definitely be needed to prevent building rape now that I think about it.

I don't see that happening simply because this is a level 4 spell. At that point in the game this would not be able to feed well unless it's hugely rushed, and then the lack of upgrades will make them easy pickings for enemy heroes. I think it would work if we found the proper number of Marines.
It's a possiblity. I'd like brainstorming to continue

One shot. If it's a pet the Defiler has no reason to leave the base.
Good point.

Yeah, the idea was to make it like any other stun in terms of removing spawns. Those don't break the game, so I don't see why this would. And yes, summons would count (assuming they count for Sin L2, War L3, etc.). I think that's a yes, except I'm not sure about that being an air-remover.
We need to keep in mind that Disable already has the largest area of effect in the game.

Still possible, but this seems to fit more with the "assist" role that the Medic plays, and hoarding medics just doesn't seem like a sane strategy. I think this would make it see some use over the L4 at certain times; could save a retreating/stunned hero, etc.
Indeed, but invincibility is pretty powerful. I almost want to say that we should wait on redoing Medic until after L4 stops giving the benefit of a combined 45 total civilians spent maxing the HP of an entire team.

Since Light Barrier wouldn't exist anymore under this build, that's the idea. I should have specified, however: this would be a 15 to 20 second type deal where the Mage would basically just rape anything near him. As a glorified Light Barrier, it would work well, and you could probably re-use the same dragoon from the Teleport.
Where is Light Barrier going? I think you're talking about a different spell.

How would that work...? Respawning the gates would allow you to kill them multiple times, getting your exp per spawn multiplied as well? That's interesting and trigger intensive...
You would stop getting the XP after the Warp Gate respawned.

Jul 10 2009, 11:03 pm Decency Post #2222

Did not see that you were limiting it to a single turret. Definitely an interesting spell, I just feel it doesn't help the Assault in his PvP game, and with nuke being removed he has little point to killing structures. Also, I'm pretty sure that it's not affected by Terran Infantry Upgrades, so it wouldn't gain in power as the game goes on and would be essentially useless for 50 mana in endgame.

Invincibility is powerful, but with FH getting a nerf and no other boosts to the Medic, the character would be terrible. Thus the experimental changes to L2/L3 to compensate. If they prove to be overpowered or underpowered, that can be remedied, but I don't think anyone would argue that nerfing the FH and not improving the Medic in any way would make the class viable, so why not improve it?

Light Barrier is being replaced by the Reavers from L2, which were displaced by the Teleport. The L4 would thus turn into a high powered Light Barrier, during which time the LM would be a Reaver for a while.

[quote Genocidal.Legend]A guy screaming "LM is OP", 99% of the time will come out with warped ideas or ideas that are just horrible because his perceptions of the game are just so bad that he will never be able see what the game really needs and what the game doesnt need.

And this is coming from the guy who says: "NUKE AND DROPSHIP IS SO OVERPOWERED LOLOLOLOLOL"[/quote]
Genocidal, learn to read. Then learn to read critically. Then try thinking about what's been posted: the Medic will no longer have FH. I won't go into the points made as to why the Medic should be changed from being so L4 reliant, since logic and reasoning are evidently both wasted on you.

Also, if you knew how to read critically, you might have noticed this:

[quote FaZ-]I don't think the LM is overpowered in a decent game, I've said many many times that it's simply boring as hell because it lacks mobility and offensive capabilities and must rely on teamsplash deny to match up, and is a nonfactor for most of the game.[/quote]

or this

[quote FaZ-]The old Firebat is not broken. It can be countered pretty easily by building an absolute shit ton of cannons, which no one who's any good at the game enjoys.[/quote]

or this

[quote FaZ-]
And finally: I AM NOT ARGUING THAT THE OLD ASSAULT IS BROKEN. Did you catch it this time?[/quote]
Evidently you didn't.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 10 2009, 11:12 pm by FaZ-.

None.

Jul 10 2009, 11:22 pm xYoshix Post #2223

You can't move floor traps via triggers, btw (but you can with recall). I think a hallucination would do well for summoner. It would help very much late game with heroes like archer that shreds through the lings easily. You could make it so that every zergling would have a "double". It could replace the current spell 2 as it is much more useful (now that nuke is gone, summoner doesn't need infested terrans to attack under the web).

None.

Jul 10 2009, 11:39 pm Iceman16 Post #2224

A LM that team-splashes 3 or even just 2 lanes, denying you EXP and shooting himself up high is never a non factor.

I've said many many times that it's simply boring as hell because it lacks mobility and offensive capabilities and must rely on teamsplash deny to match up, and is a nonfactor for most of the game.

Make up your mind FaZ-, is it a non-factor or not? From what I know, you don't even play the hero, which is a similar debate to your Archer argument. This is a perfect example of what Genocidal.Legend is talking about when he doesn't want people making judgments on heroes they don't even know how to handle.

None.

Jul 10 2009, 11:40 pm Genocidal.Legend Post #2225

[quote]
This is ludacris
Actually, this is Ludacris:

Sorry, had to.

ROFL, damn you got me :D.

None.

Jul 11 2009, 12:00 am Decency Post #2226

Quote from Iceman16
A LM that team-splashes 3 or even just 2 lanes, denying you EXP and shooting himself up high is never a non factor.

I've said many many times that it's simply boring as hell because it lacks mobility and offensive capabilities and must rely on teamsplash deny to match up, and is a nonfactor for most of the game.

Make up your mind FaZ-, is it a non-factor or not? From what I know, you don't even play the hero, which is a similar debate to your Archer argument. This is a perfect example of what Genocidal.Legend is talking about when he doesn't want people making judgments on heroes they don't even know how to handle.

I think it's pretty clear what I mean, even from those two out of context quotes. It's a nonfactor for most of the game because it is necessarily relegated almost entirely to a PvE role as your team fights to send your spawns away from him. When/if you fail to do so and its EXP shoots up high, then it becomes a factor.

What exactly is my Archer argument? I've made many comments on the Archer, and it's one of my better heroes. Just because I wrote a Mech Guide doesn't mean it's the only character that I play, not even close.

None.

Jul 11 2009, 12:16 am Genocidal.Legend Post #2227

Invincibility is powerful, but with FH getting a nerf and no other boosts to the Medic, the character would be terrible. Thus the experimental changes to L2/L3 to compensate. If they prove to be overpowered or underpowered, that can be remedied, but I don't think anyone would argue that nerfing the FH and not improving the Medic in any way would make the class viable, so why not improve it?
Play power med, rapes all excpet biggies and a good bat. So how exactly is that not viable? Power med disable = rape in can. In fact the only people who could level in the same lane as the power med are the biggies, bat and sin at night.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 11 2009, 12:43 am by Mini Moose 2707. Reason: Trolling.

None.

Jul 11 2009, 12:46 am Moose Post #2228

We live in a society.

Your illogical fallacies are quite glaring.
... What?

Anyway, please stop trolling each other.

FaZ- is not saying LM is or is not overpowered in and of itself. It depends on how it is played. He is not speaking in absolutes. For some reason the fact that he is speaking with conditional and situational statements seems to be completely ignored.

Jul 11 2009, 1:43 am Genocidal.Legend Post #2229

Your illogical fallacies are quite glaring.
... What?

Anyway, please stop trolling each other.

FaZ- is not saying LM is or is not overpowered in and of itself. It depends on how it is played. He is not speaking in absolutes. For some reason the fact that he is speaking with conditional and situational statements seems to be completely ignored.

Okay.....so that means every hero can be op'd depending on how its played...right...

None.

Jul 11 2009, 3:07 am Moose Post #2230

We live in a society.

It means conditional statements exist and that there are both legit (not OP) and extremely cheap (OP) ways of playing Light Mage. It is not impossible for this situation to emerge for other classes when they are played in unforeseen ways.

Let me illustrate with an example: Take a normal class that can manual. Let's use Mech for this example. The Mech may or may not be overpowered, it doesn't matter. Put him on a team with a Dark Mage and a Medic. Both the Dark Mage and Medic spam L1, which the Mech player shamelessly teamkills. He shoots beyond every other player in the game in terms of XP. He has far more levels than everyone else and therefore becomes overpowered within the context of that game.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jul 11 2009, 3:26 am by Mini Moose 2707.

Jul 11 2009, 3:24 am ShredderIV Post #2231

I thought of this a while ago, when unholy kinda wanted to change lm for 1.5... I think his l1 and l3 are pretty good the way they are, except i'd like to put an obs to one of those spells, so he can see cloaked units and can't be automatically beaten by sin. The problem right now seems to be his l2 and l4, so i had an idea. How about his l2 includes protoss air, like it creates scouts to attack, but at a far range around him, so he doesnt have to be right next to his opponent to use it. Then, amke his l4, use something such as a carrier(carrier would probably be the best for it) and have it attack for a while, but not able to move away from the lm. This eliminates the l2 splash killing, even though i personally dont think its op considering assault always splash kills. Alos, for the l4, maybe give it an on and off invince, so he only gets hit with like 1/2 of attacks or something. It could also be cool to give him a spell that increases his movement, but i dun have any ideas for any =(.

None.

Jul 11 2009, 3:27 am Excalibur Post #2232

The sword and the faith

Moose, I noticed you said something about terrain problems. If you could explain to me what about the terrain is causing imbalances, I could fix them for you, proper blends and all that.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jul 11 2009, 4:13 am ShredderIV Post #2233

Sorry, didnt see this b4
Light Mage
Still needs a teleport to be a decent hero. My suggestion is:
L2: The teleport should probably have some sort of offensive power too, like spawning Dragoons when it's finished, or Dragoons along the way, or something to make it not require L1 or L3 to be used too. I think a speedy observer or speedy shuttle would be the best options for controlling it, at 6-8 seconds.
L3: Reavers, moving to L3 and going back to a higher damage (by giving players starting Reaver upgrades, not by making the spawns do more too).
L4: Transform into Invincible Dragoon plus Reaver Blasts, or transform into an Invincible Reaver with Dragoon Blasts.

Meh. lm doesnt really need a teleport. One way to fix a lot of these problems would be to change the base unit for lm. Now before you say OHMYGOSHCHANGINGIT?????????? I have some thing to say. First, you would have to take off reavs for the l2 and l of lm, like i stated in my last post. then find another unit to replace it, such as a dragoon. this would get rid of the need for a teleporting spell, but might cause more balancing issues i guess... anyway, moving reavers to l3 is still gonna give you lms who spam reavs, just they wont be as good until a little later in time... and a l4 transformation for lm has already basically been decided as a bad idea by the community. i.e. the lm 1.5 discussion, and an invince transformation would just be REALLY OP.

None.

Jul 11 2009, 5:08 am killer_sss Post #2234

Quote from Excalibur
Moose, I noticed you said something about terrain problems. If you could explain to me what about the terrain is causing imbalances, I could fix them for you, proper blends and all that.

eh youll prolly want a complete list but there are quite a few things. The top left corner is different distance from both bases. It also is designed poorly as the location can't be made bigger with out it going past the upper cliff.

its like this somewhat (_ ~~~{
the ramps being the two }____(
normal parenthesis.

when the location is enlarged you no longer need to go up 2 cliffs to interupt and can interupt from the side of the one.

The top left corner can be closed off and used for trapping big unit heros easily due to the lack of exits and the size of exits.

there is also some narrow spots on the top/left lane which cause some problems when people maliciously try blocking spawn.

along the bottom are two gysers which are fairly close together and can be protected easier than quite a few other gyser spots. There are some gysers which cant be protected very well due to unbuildable terrain near them.

thats all i can think of but its a decent list. I'm sure moose can tell you everythhing thats wrong just a few i thought i would toss in.

None.

Jul 11 2009, 1:32 pm xYoshix Post #2235

Do you mean the top right?

I can do the terrain if you like...

None.

Jul 11 2009, 2:29 pm ForTheSwarm Post #2236

How about his l2 includes protoss air, like it creates scouts to attack, but at a far range around him, so he doesnt have to be right next to his opponent to use it.

Kinda building off of that:

Wave of Light:
Creates Scouts in a circle around him, then creates them in a bigger circle, like a wave.

None.

Jul 11 2009, 3:18 pm Genocidal.Legend Post #2237

Quote from ForTheSwarm
How about his l2 includes protoss air, like it creates scouts to attack, but at a far range around him, so he doesnt have to be right next to his opponent to use it.

Kinda building off of that:

Wave of Light:
Creates Scouts in a circle around him, then creates them in a bigger circle, like a wave.

3 tech paths = nono.

None.

Jul 11 2009, 4:59 pm Moose Post #2238

We live in a society.

Okay, here's my brief terrain analysis. Please give me opinions as well. I want as much of a consensus as possible before I tell Excalibur it's final and to do this stuff.

http://www.staredit.net/moose/ts/ts_terrain.png (Disclaimer: HUGE 3,029 KB image)

Also, this is the Temple Siege 1.0 terrain:
http://www.staredit.net/moose/ts/ts_10.png (Disclaimer: Only 476 KB)
I marked some things on there. I like the "off-path" geysers... there are some spots that could possibly accomodate such a thing in the 1.4 terrain. It was also a LOT more open and less cluttered than what we use now. I'm sure that some people are willing to redo entirely the terrain either from scratch or from a generic outline that I can throw down on an .scx.

Also, I'd like to get this proposal out of the way now:
1. Move heal off the temple to a building behind the temple.
2. Remove invincibility at the temple. (ie, no more templecamping)
I've heard DotA does it that way... I can see why. :P

Jul 11 2009, 5:32 pm Excalibur Post #2239

The sword and the faith

When you say de-clusterfuck I assume you want the area widened / less cluttered?

Also just to let everyone know, my first priority is fixing the god awful blockiness of most of the extended terrain. If possible, I'd like to take each piece of extended, blend it until it hits a transfer that it cant blend to, and throw one or two sprites over it, rather than this consistant blockiness everywhere.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jul 11 2009, 6:08 pm UnholyUrine Post #2240

Wait wait Hold it!

Before you all go ahead and change the terrain, I just want to stress that the Terrain is definately a big part of Temple Siege. I don't mind Ex re-doing the terrain or what not, but I already had Mneox make another terrain, and had xYoshix fix it up a bit...
I have never disclosed it caues I was saving that change for later ^^

Anywho.. it's nice to see the old terrain versus the new... things certainy has changed o.O....
U guys gotta remember tho, Mnx did the v1.2-now terrain before TS was popular and before all you shmucks started talking about balance <3. In that respect.. mnx did a wonderful job of making the terrain look nice and quickly making new players interested in the map.

Well ... through introspect, I believe that it is time to move on from the old terrain and do the new one... If u want I can share the new terrain.. Or u can just wait for me to fix everything up (yeah that might take a while... judging from the fact that no one supports v1.5).

EDIT: :O... I stressed to Mnx that the new terrain has to be less cluttered... But I also agree with the Off-path geysers, but since the geysers has not been placed yet.. I will see what I can do :P

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 110 111 112 113 114140 >
  Back to forum