Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Obama or McCain?
Obama or McCain?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 4 2008, 6:22 am
By: MillenniumArmy
Pages: < 1 « 12 13 14 15 1637 >

Polls
Who would you pick?
Who would you pick?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Obama 100

80%
None.
McCain 26

21%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 126 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Sep 19 2008, 12:00 am Echo Post #261

I don't understand why the economic crsis is making them shift votes. The economic crisis isn't the republican's fault. It's the dumb ways Americans spend money and how corporations invest in foreign nations.

None.

Sep 19 2008, 2:05 am Centreri Post #262

Relatively ancient and inactive

I'm not an economist. I don't know how big a role the government plays in economy.

But I know it's a large enough role to throw out the republicans. Investing in foreign nations is smart. As you might have noticed, it's not the other nations that had the crisis first, it's America. Investing in America isn't the best idea right now. Investing, on the other hand, in China is a good idea. Dumb ways Americans spend money? Name a few.

None.

Sep 19 2008, 2:16 am Echo Post #263

We are using money to help people in Georgia, when it is better to help people in poverty in the United States. That way we can help push the poor to get jobs that can help our economy with taxes, etc.

None.

Sep 19 2008, 2:19 am Centreri Post #264

That's something republicans are doing. Thus, throw out the republicans. Makes sense to me.

None.

Sep 19 2008, 2:24 am Echo Post #265

The Republican isn't doing that. There have been Georgian protestors in America, especially a big protest in Manhattan for it. The Congress even favored it, and they have a democratic majority.

None.

Sep 19 2008, 2:26 am Centreri Post #266

Sooo.... Bush had nothing to do with it?

None.

Sep 20 2008, 11:25 pm SilentAlfa Post #267

Quote from Echo
I don't understand why the economic crsis is making them shift votes. The economic crisis isn't the republican's fault. It's the dumb ways Americans spend money and how corporations invest in foreign nations.

Yes, the economic crisis is the Republican's fault. And it's not "the dumb ways American's spend money", because our economy is entirely based on the spending of money, and it doesn't matter what people are spending their money on as long as they are spending. Corporations investing in foreign nations is causing the problem? Again, you're wrong. The financial corporations that have been failing are failing because of problems in their domestic investments. It is the Republicans' fault because they pushed to deregulate, allowing said institutions to take much higher risks. And when their investments in America failed, they fell hard.

Now, since these insurers are failing, they cannot afford to insure any business. And businesses don't take risks without insurance, and unless they take risks, they don't make money. And right now, with how poorly the economy is doing, the safest bet is to cut costs. And the easiest way to cut costs is to cut workers or outsource them.

None.

Sep 24 2008, 7:02 pm ClansAreForGays Post #268

http://current.com/items/89334148_the_biggest_story_of_the_campaign

Sep 24 2008, 9:28 pm Centreri Post #269

Yeah, Obama's back ahead. You folks thank your lucky stars :P.

None.

Sep 24 2008, 10:40 pm dumbducky Post #270

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aSKSoiNbnQY0
How the Crisis could have been averted.

tits

Sep 27 2008, 4:46 am Echo Post #271

Anyone saw the debate? Obama did really horrible. I don't think he is fit for a president. He has no experience prior to any real political things. Palin has more experience and shes running as a Vice President. Obama is just a celebrity fad thing for young hipsters and minorities.

None.

Sep 27 2008, 5:02 am KrayZee Post #272

Quote from Echo
Anyone saw the debate? Obama did really horrible. I don't think he is fit for a president. He has no experience prior to any real political things. Palin has more experience and shes running as a Vice President. Obama is just a celebrity fad thing for young hipsters and minorities.
You GOT be fucking kidding me, Echo.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2008/09/debate_live_fact_check_starts.html

None.

Sep 27 2008, 5:08 am Demented Shaman Post #273

I don't think my pro-Obama, middle-aged, white, ap euro teacher is a young "hipster" or minority. :rolleyes:

None.

Sep 27 2008, 5:30 am Echo Post #274

Quote from name:Mayor
I don't think my pro-Obama, middle-aged, white, ap euro teacher is a young "hipster" or minority. :rolleyes:
I didn't say ALL of them are.

None.

Sep 27 2008, 5:54 am Falkoner Post #275

Yeah, he really did horrible, my Democratic aunt from Florida called just to tell us how bad she thought he was doing..

None.

Sep 27 2008, 6:34 am WoAHorde Post #276

Considering this was McCain's connoisseurship in politics, the fact that Obama brought the debate to a draw means McCain isn't going anywhere. It appears correct judgement has as much merit and power as 30 years of judgement lacking experience.

You guys claim he did horrible? Did you even bother listening to Obama? Obama refuted most if not all of McCain's points, and gave thorough responses and attacks against McCain. McCain kept trying to say Obama was naive and dance around the questions.

None.

Sep 27 2008, 7:55 am MillenniumArmy Post #277

The polls gave Obama a modest lead and indicated he was viewed more favorably than his rival when it came to dealing with the economy. But the same surveys show McCain favored by far on foreign policy.
Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080927/ap_on_el_pr/presidential_debate

None.

Sep 27 2008, 1:27 pm SilentAlfa Post #278

Quote from Echo

Yeah, I mean definitely man. 50% of this country is definitely all minorities and hipsters. And everyone who votes for McCain is an old white person, lol? Obama definitely tied that debate and did very, very well. McCain, for example, couldn't counter any of Obama's tax arguments, and couldn't effectively counter Obama's argument to meet foreign leaders without preconditions. In this debate, McCain had to trounce Obama because he has so much foreign policy experience, but he didn't. Imho, what really brought McCain down was his arrogance, though. He lost his temper and couldn't keep his cool. He told several blatant lies, like "Obama will raise our taxes", etc,.

But whenever McCain mentioned earmarks, I had a hearty laugh. I wonder if he knows that Palin asked for the highest amount of earmark dollars per person in her state? Ridiculous.

None.

Sep 27 2008, 1:36 pm KrayZee Post #279

Quote from Falkoner
Yeah, he really did horrible, my Democratic aunt from Florida called just to tell us how bad she thought he was doing..
'Democratic' aunt? Florida is known for voting for Bush and half a million African Americans didn't vote under the republican governor rule.

"Did really horrible" yet both of you, Falkoner AND Echo can't fucking elaborate why. The both of you seek to believe that McCain is always right and always ignore Obama is doing. McCain was lying and Obama repeatedly say "That's not true". McCain didn't keep his eye on the camera and the his opponent. CNN, NBC/ABC, CBS, YouPolls and others have thought Obama won.

None.

Sep 27 2008, 2:52 pm Generalpie Post #280

Staredit Puckwork

obama ownz!
mccain kinda took a cheap shot with all those comercials while obama was on vacation.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 12 13 14 15 1637 >
  Back to forum