Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Obama or McCain?
Obama or McCain?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 4 2008, 6:22 am
By: MillenniumArmy
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1537 >

Polls
Who would you pick?
Who would you pick?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Obama 100

80%
None.
McCain 26

21%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 126 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Sep 10 2008, 11:10 pm ClansAreForGays Post #241

Quote from Falkoner
What Bush did is irrelevent,
It is relevant. Bush and McCain agree with each other 90% of the time, so with McCain things would be 90% the same.

Sep 10 2008, 11:29 pm Kaias Post #242

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Quote from Falkoner
It is relevant. Bush and McCain agree with each other 90% of the time, so with McCain things would be 90% the same.
What kind of messed up logic is that?

Things don't all carry the same value and weight.

None.

Sep 10 2008, 11:40 pm Demented Shaman Post #243

Quote from Kaias
Quote from Falkoner

What kind of messed up logic is thinking that McCain would be more different than Bush than Obama would be. :rolleyes:

None.

Sep 11 2008, 3:24 am Echo Post #244

Just wondering. Who is actually supporting McCain in this thread?

None.

Sep 11 2008, 3:56 am Kaias Post #245

Quote from name:Mayor
Quote from Kaias
Quote from Falkoner

What kind of messed up logic is thinking that McCain would be more different than Bush than Obama would be. :rolleyes:
Who said anything about that?

None.

Sep 11 2008, 10:11 pm Demented Shaman Post #246

Quote from Kaias
Quote from name:Mayor
Quote from Kaias
Quote from Falkoner

Who said anything about that?
I just did.

I'm taking what CAFG said and then applying it to how Obama would fit in therefore making what CAFG said even more relevant to the McCain vs Obama argument. If Bush = Bad and McCain is closer to Bush than Obama is to Bush then I'd say Obama is closer to Good.

In other words McCain is just more of the same while Obama brings change.

And Kaias, if you're not pro-McCain then I'm not going to continue arguing with you.

None.

Sep 12 2008, 12:00 am Echo Post #247

Both candiates love America. All these political indifferences is causing a war inside our great country, The UNITED States of America. God Bless America <3.

None.

Sep 12 2008, 1:37 am Centreri Post #248

Relatively ancient and inactive

That's nice and all, but McCain choosing Palin made me lose every bit of respect for him. She's crazy. Imagine if McCain dies - he's had battles with cancer, etc, and is 72. Not so young. Then Palin becomes president. A religious, small-town, inexperienced and ultimately unfit-for-duty President with no scope of what foreign policy is. Palin is simply a tool to get those retards in mid-America to vote for him. Since Palin's nomination, McCain's beaten Obama in polls. Slightly, but there. Palin's a tool to win the presidential ticket. Once in power... and especially if McCain dies... oh, I'll be riding around in a car with 'Don't blame me, I'm a Democrat' written on it.

Echo, please... give it some thought. Tell me how the hell Palin is qualified on any level to be president. Try to actually convince me. If she's as unqualified as I think she is, and with the pretty high chance that McCain will die, then I really shudder at what will happen if the worst happens. Or the best, really. McCain's a retarded political jackass as well. I heard Palin wants to reestablish mandatory readings of the Bible in school. Surely you realize the sheer retarded idiocy of doing that.
Quote from GOP's">http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09/11/war_with_russia_palin_talks_fo.html?hpid=topnews]GOP's VP nominee says war with Russia is a possibility if it invades another country.
Look, that's from WashingtonPost about Palin. Are you kidding me? You want THAT person, who could actually believe that, in the White House? Not only is that really risking Nuclear War (and it's certain if the US actually tries to push in), but after the trouble the US had in AFGHANISTAN and IRAQ, how the hell can any sane person try to make war with the second military power in the world? What, the US is going to ship tanks across to Russia? Not only will it need the vast majority of its army to make a dent, and not only is a nuclear war a real possibility, but do you have any idea how hard a war with Russia will be on the rest of the world? Europe will freeze during winter because ~40% of its oil and gas comes from Russia. Oil prices will instantly skyrocket into possibly $300 a barrel or more because Russia can get Iran to intercept shipments from Saudi Arabia (they pass straight through some straight near Iran, I think. Something like that.) In short, war is an impossibility by any sane individual.

Come on, Echo. Or any other McCain/Palin supporter. Justify that.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 12 2008, 1:56 am by Centreri.

None.

Sep 12 2008, 1:48 am Echo Post #249

I don't support Palin. To me, She is a hypocrite that has no experience. Moose hunting does not mean you can lead a nation. McCain on the other hand, if his ways are following Bush's, I support him 100%. I am a Major Bush Supporter.

You have to admit, McCain is going to end up winning. The votes right now are from major states only. Major states = cities = democrats. We still have small states, which there is a lot of. Obama is scaring away the most important voters, female voters.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 12 2008, 1:55 am by Echo.

None.

Sep 12 2008, 1:55 am Demented Shaman Post #250

Quote from Centreri
That's nice and all, but McCain choosing Palin made me lose every bit of respect for him. She's crazy. Imagine if McCain dies - he's had battles with cancer, etc, and is 72. Not so young. Then Palin becomes president. A religious, small-town, inexperienced and ultimately unfit-for-duty President with no scope of what foreign policy is. Palin is simply a tool to get those retards in mid-America to vote for him. Since Palin's nomination, McCain's beaten Obama in polls. Slightly, but there. Palin's a tool to win the presidential ticket. Once in power... and especially if McCain dies... oh, I'll be riding around in a car with 'Don't blame me, I'm a Democrat' written on it.

Echo, please... give it some thought. Tell me how the hell Palin is qualified on any level to be president. Try to actually convince me. If she's as unqualified as I think she is, and with the pretty high chance that McCain will die, then I really shudder at what will happen if the worst happens. Or the best, really. McCain's a retarded political jackass as well. I heard Palin wants to reestablish mandatory readings of the Bible in school. Surely you realize the sheer retarded idiocy of doing that.
Quote from GOP's">http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09/11/war_with_russia_palin_talks_fo.html?hpid=topnews]GOP's VP nominee says war with Russia is a possibility if it invades another country.
Look, that's from WashingtonPost about Palin. Are you kidding me? You want THAT person, who could actually believe that, in the White House? Not only is that really risking Nuclear War (and it's certain if the US actually tries to push in), but after the trouble the US had in AFGHANISTAN and IRAQ, how the hell can any sane person try to make war with the second military power in the world? What, the US is going to ship tanks across to Russia? Not only will it need the vast majority of its army to make a dent, and not only is a nuclear war a real possibility, but do you have any idea how hard a war with Russia will be on the rest of the world? Europe will freeze during winter because ~40% of its oil and gas comes from Russia. Oil prices will instantly skyrocket into possibly $300 a barrel or more because Russia can get Iran to intercept shipments from Saudi Arabia (they pass straight through some straight near Iran, I think. Something like that.) In short, war is an impossibility by any sane individual.

Come on, Echo. Or any other McCain/Palin supporter. Justify that
I find the idea of a menopausal president to be hilarious.

None.

Sep 12 2008, 1:55 am Centreri Post #251

I edited my post above. Read the addition. McCain can die in office, Echo. Some say it's like 25% - don't quote me on that. You can't support one and not support the other. If McCain dies in office, guess who gets the job? PALIN.
I don't support Palin. To me, She is a hypocrite that has no experience. Moose hunting does not mean you can lead a nation. McCain on the other hand, if his ways are following Bush's, I support him 100%. I am a Major Bush Supporter.

You have to admit, McCain is going to end up winning. The votes right now are from major states only. Major states = cities = democrats. We still have small states, which there is a lot of. Obama is scaring away the most important voters, female voters.
Echo, Bush's a retard under which the US is rapidly losing its' superpower status and with it international respect. Venezuela cut ambassadorial ties with the US today. I'm not arguing who's going to win. I just don't want you to be one of those people I'll be calling a retard when McCain dies.

None.

Sep 12 2008, 1:57 am Echo Post #252

Palin is going to be impeached after she recieves "not sexual intercourse" from someone. They should've let Bill Clinton stay in office for 20 years.

None.

Sep 12 2008, 10:16 pm KrayZee Post #253

Quote from Echo
female voters.
What the fuck? A lot of female voters really prefer Barack Obama over Hilary Clinton. And many that have gave their support to Hilary Clinton really went focused into politics, and if they are seeking to follow Palin, they wouldn't be interested in her and say "You're no Hilary Clinton, you'll just damage our economy".

Quote from Echo
They should've let Bill Clinton stay in office for 20 years.
If that happened, the United States wouldn't declare war upon Iraq and the national debt will have a surplus by bringing the debt down. Clinton doesn't criticize Bush but he knows Bush just made matters worse.

None.

Sep 13 2008, 4:11 pm Echo Post #254

What the fuck? A lot of female voters really prefer Barack Obama over Hilary Clinton. And many that have gave their support to Hilary Clinton really went focused into politics, and if they are seeking to follow Palin, they wouldn't be interested in her and say "You're no Hilary Clinton, you'll just damage our economy".
I like how you state that base on your own opinion. I read this from the New York Times (Ironic cause NYT is the most liberal ass shit ever) and from yahoo news.

None.

Sep 13 2008, 4:21 pm KrayZee Post #255

You need to fucking elaborate why Obama is scaring off female voters. I know a lot of women preferring Obama over McCain, EcHo.

Also...
You're no Hillary Clinton

None.

Sep 13 2008, 4:24 pm ClansAreForGays Post #256

The NYT is probably the most respected and established newspaper in history.

Sep 13 2008, 4:37 pm Echo Post #257

The New York Times isn't the most respected newspaper in the history anymore. Theres a tradition in New York City, where in 9/11, there is a tribute to the 9/11 incident. Instead they put some other story, while the other major New York newspapers put a tribute.

And from what I read, it said that some women, not all, which I never stated, thinks Obama is just a charasmatic person, who also makes some decisions that doesn't really favor them, and is unsuited as a president.

That Palin thing has no effect on me. I don't support Palin, McCain, Obama, or Joe Biden.

None.

Sep 13 2008, 4:50 pm Demented Shaman Post #258

Quote from Echo
I don't support Palin, McCain, Obama, or Joe Biden.
Well then I think that strictly speaking you don't have a place in this topic. The title is "Obama or McCain?, Who would you pick?" with no option for neither. So anything other than Obama or McCain is just being off topic. :whistling1:

None.

Sep 13 2008, 4:53 pm Echo Post #259

No, but in my posts, I obviously seem to be favoring McCain over Obama. And clearly my posts are about McCain or Obama, therefore you're post is "off topic".

None.

Sep 18 2008, 9:13 pm Centreri Post #260

Economic crisis kicking everyone's ass, and now, according to CNN, Obama has a three point lead again. Thank god.

I'll also show everyone this link, to make them scared for the country if McCain becomes president:
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1842156,00.html

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1537 >
  Back to forum