Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Obama or McCain?
Obama or McCain?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 4 2008, 6:22 am
By: MillenniumArmy
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 1437 >

Polls
Who would you pick?
Who would you pick?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Obama 100

80%
None.
McCain 26

21%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 126 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Sep 1 2008, 12:01 am WoAHorde Post #221

Quote from Centreri
FIRST WOMEN VICE PRESIDENT, WOO.

And even if she won't be the first, no one would care enough to look it up.

Ferraro was the first female VP possibility when she ran with Mondale. Democrats did it first lolol.

None.

Sep 1 2008, 2:54 am Kaias Post #222

Quote from Centreri

She would be the first, just not the first possible.

None.

Sep 1 2008, 2:56 am WoAHorde Post #223

Quote from Kaias
Quote from Centreri

She won't be the first. They aren't going to win; it's a near-impossibility statistics wise.

None.

Sep 1 2008, 3:02 am Kaias Post #224

Quote from WoAHorde
Quote from Kaias
Quote from Centreri

She won't be the first. They aren't going to win; it's a near-impossibility statistics wise.
I thought you would say this since you so adamantly declared that it was an impossibility earlier.

In any case, I didn't say that she could be, and I didn't say that she will be. I said that she would be the first, which means that if she was VP she'd be the first. Whether or not that condition is an impossibility is irrelevant.

None.

Sep 1 2008, 3:16 pm ClansAreForGays Post #225

Quote from Kaias
Quote from WoAHorde
Quote from Kaias
Quote from Centreri

I thought you would say this since you so adamantly declared that it was an impossibility earlier.

In any case, I didn't say that she could be, and I didn't say that she will be. I said that she would be the first, which means that if she was VP she'd be the first. Whether or not that condition is an impossibility is irrelevant.
If you want to play that stupid nitpicky game he never said that you said she wouldn't.

Don't play that game. Just debate.

Sep 1 2008, 3:24 pm KrayZee Post #226

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_United_States_presidential_and_vice-presidential_candidates

Read on...

None.

Sep 2 2008, 3:55 am WoAHorde Post #227

Quote from KrayZee
Click the damn link what I just put up, that should end the off topic discussion of "omg first female".

It's the first female candidate for the GOP. For major parties, Ferraro was the first, but for third parties, it has been done dozens of times.

None.

Sep 3 2008, 11:41 pm KrayZee Post #228

Hmm, Obama is coming to Berkeley, California tomorrow and is only a few minutes away from San Francisco. I should go there. :P

None.

Sep 4 2008, 9:19 pm dumbducky Post #229

Quote from Centreri
Palin's a good choice for McCain to win the presidential elections (omg hawt girlz && OOH, WOMAN!), but she'll be a terribad vice president. TOO INEXPERIENCED!

Go Obama.
She's got more executive experience than Obama does.

Also, does nobody else see the irony of Obama's message about being a politcal outsider and how he's all different, but then he goes and picks an old established member of the political scene, Biden. Meanwhile, McCain, the old established member of the political scene, chooses someone new who's got a history of shaking up the political scene.

@Rantent: So are you voting for McCain or Obama?

tits

Sep 5 2008, 5:10 am KrayZee Post #230

The US Democrats are not the only ones expecting Obama to become President of the United States. Even European countries themselves wants Obama elected as President. And they're not dumbasses.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/22/AR2008082201977.html

None.

Sep 5 2008, 8:09 am Rantent Post #231

McCain Plagiarizes from Wikipedia...
Apparently any English student has to write their own material after researching things, but not presidential candidates. (Or rather the group of people writing speeches for them...)

None.

Sep 5 2008, 1:17 pm Impeached Post #232

haven't really looked into the candidates much, largely due to not being old enough to vote, but what I've seen from McCain advertisments, his policy on oil (drill the crap out of america so we import less) is DOING IT WRONG.

It doesn't fucking matter where we get oil; we're running out. What does McCain do when we run flat out of the crap, and the happy American Republican oil barons go out of buisness?

While I don't know Obama's stance on the oil problem, a more proactive solution would to be to reduce dependancy on oil et al, regardless of source.

Retroedit @ Darkling: McCain does the same thing in his ads, FYI.
I've watched the Rep. and Dem. conventions, and in Mccain's speech-thing he said he wanted to first import less oil and build more nuclear powerplants, then switch to alternative.

Obama was vague as usual, iirc. 'Course, so was Mccain a lot. Often the best thing candidates do to wind people up is not to say any specifics, but just put an ideal in their heads. It's easy to fall into what they say, until you realize that they didn't actually say what they were going to do specifically, which doesn't mean much.

As far as Obama vs Mccain...I'm still undecided. I would go for Mccain 90% if he wasn't so pro-war; I like his views on genearal policy.

None.

Sep 10 2008, 4:36 am KrayZee Post #233

There were many Europeans, Australians and Canadians that were inspired by Obama's Speech in the acceptance speech, although they have been supporting Obama for a long time. One European clearly said "If McCain wins, that means the United States are as dumb as dirt, with all republican voters know nothing what is really going on". As honest as they are, they will be greatly affected by McCain's continual years of the Bush Administration, in which will completely ruin the reputation of the United States.

None.

Sep 10 2008, 4:44 am WoAHorde Post #234

The BBC adds that:

"On average 46% think that U.S. relations with the world would get better with Obama, 22% that relations would stay the same, and 7% that they would get worse. However only 20% think relations would get better under McCain. The largest number -- 3% -- think relations under a McCain presidency would stay the same and 16% think they would get worse."

The countries where polling was done:

• Australia
• Brazil
• Canada
• China
• Egypt
• France
• Germany
• India
• Indonesia
• Italy
• Kenya

• Lebanon
• Mexico
• Nigeria
• Panama
• Philippines
• Poland
• Russia
• Singapore
• Turkey
• United Arab Emirates
• United Kingdom

None.

Sep 10 2008, 6:09 am Falkoner Post #235

Oh yeah, of course they'd be loving life with Obama in office, it'd give them time to catch up with the US

None.

Sep 10 2008, 7:00 am WoAHorde Post #236

Our economy under Bush has given them the opportunity to catch up, and they have made significant bounds.

None.

Sep 10 2008, 7:37 am Falkoner Post #237

What Bush did is irrelevent, even if he did allow them to catch up, why wouldn't they want to get even closer?

None.

Sep 10 2008, 7:38 am Rantent Post #238

Pray tell, in what way is America ahead?

None.

Sep 10 2008, 2:23 pm KrayZee Post #239

Falkoner, those countries did have enough time to catch up while we are under George W. Bush's rule. And since they are also affected by Bush despite the Iraq War and the Bush Administration. They all oppose the Iraq war as much as the liberals. You can't imagine how many of them really expects and hopes for Obama to become the President of the United States. They're not dumbasses, Falkoner.

None.

Sep 10 2008, 8:29 pm Centreri Post #240

Relatively ancient and inactive

Well, McCain's winning down here in the U.S., now. Really sad. However, it'd be hilarious, in a sad, loss-of-life way, to see McCain attack Iran or North Korea or someone else and start a third front. What the US did in hard times was withdraw from the world to consolidate its power. If the administrations keep forcing America deeper and deeper down the drain, one wonderful day they won't be able to get out.

Oh, and McCain = Bush. Srsly. Obama ftw.
They're not dumbasses, Falkoner.
Oh yes they are. Everyone outside the US is a dumbass.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 10 2008, 11:20 pm by Centreri.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 1437 >
  Back to forum